Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (04 December 2017 - 06:19 PM)

You can now browse already made NPC Templates and use their items while making a new NPC Template!

@  dr3ad : (02 December 2017 - 06:39 PM)

New command: .phase playlist #SoundID #LengthOfASongInSeconds will let you make phase playlists e.g 10 songs that will keep playing on loop from 1-10 and repeat. Every consecutive command use the song is added to the list. Use .phase pl clear to clear the playlist

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 10:49 PM)

Server is online!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Server is restarting and will be up in a couple of minutes as soon as phase cleanup is done!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:19 PM)

Gameobject cleanup will take place soon, all accounts inactive more than 6 months will have their character's phases deleted as we're reaching 15 millions gobjects mark!

@  dr3ad : (21 November 2017 - 04:27 PM)

New command: .gob near will list Top 10 Closest gameobjects and their guids/scales

@  dr3ad : (19 November 2017 - 01:56 PM)

New command: .gob state 0 3 will activate gameobjects such as doors permanently.

@  dr3ad : (25 October 2017 - 07:31 PM)

New commands .phase history and .phase capacity have been added! Check Changelog for more info.

@  dr3ad : (06 October 2017 - 07:52 AM)

Issue with server restarter has been fixed. Server is online.

@  dr3ad : (01 September 2017 - 01:11 PM)

Xtremetop100 voting will now properly award silver coins.

@  dr3ad : (13 August 2017 - 10:26 PM)

A couple of new things were added. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (12 August 2017 - 12:26 PM)

If you had issues connecting with RPHTiny (such as CDN error) please re-download RPHTiny, all issues have been fixed!

@  dr3ad : (04 August 2017 - 12:44 AM)

Server is online! There was a minor issue with server startup that caused it to stay offline, all back on track now though!

@  dr3ad : (29 July 2017 - 05:24 PM)

Fixed despawning of gobjects happening with .gob tele command! Also Gobject List is now available in account panel where you can edit signs & other gobs.

@  dr3ad : (26 July 2017 - 11:01 PM)

New command: .char create #className => allows you to have unlimited characters on the account by bypassing client restrictions! Example usage: .char create druid

@  dr3ad : (24 July 2017 - 12:55 PM)

Fixed "Announce spam" ban bug that happened to few people, everything's good now.

@  dr3ad : (24 July 2017 - 12:01 AM)

New Starting Location Contest is up & running, read more here!

@  dr3ad : (22 July 2017 - 06:14 PM)

New command: .phase time day/night/number of hours will let you set time of the day of your phase or move the specific amount of hours forward in time!

@  dr3ad : (21 July 2017 - 08:05 PM)

.char custom is back! .gob undo now also accepts number as parameter i.e .gob undo 5 to specify amount of gameobjects to delete up to 10/100 depending on rank

@  dr3ad : (21 July 2017 - 01:43 AM)

New command: .guild rename "OldName" "NewName"

Photo

Item requirement for Gossip Option

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dogabeey

dogabeey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:44 PM

So I was working on some adventure map includes isles and thinking a way to let players travel between islands automaticly (and without letting them .tele / .gps around). So this is the idea: Wouldn't it be really cool if we could use misc. items as some sort of "requirement" for gossip options? So we can use those misc items as currency for executing scripts (for in my instance, teleporting them around without command priviliges). It may have an option to consume item in progress or not.

I think It'd be great for adventure maps, and open a way to new possibilites like travelling between parts of phases for certain people phase owner wants, etc. Imagine a world of full of Islands filled with adventure, and you need to collect island maps in order to progress between isles (earned by contrubuting to events or something else) and finally find one piece.

• dr3ad, Kenyon, Storrent and 1 other like this

giphy.gif

#2 Nortwin

Nortwin

sicker than your average phase builder

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1494 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:34 PM

i think RPG phases could be some of the most immersive RP ever

literally 1 player being DMed by 1 player

but automatic RPG phases could be even cooler (with quests). players teaming up and RPing through an adventure that they can play without a DM.

if anything, your suggestion would have to be expanded further to make it a real good experience.

• Gladiator and Zuja like this

QX140DG.png

#3 Kenyon

Kenyon

Space Jew

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:50 AM

I think another cool use for this is let's say there's a questgiver npc, and you get some sort of <insert plot item here>. You bring it to them and suddenly a new gossip option appears "Where did you get that?" and you get a whole extra dialogue because you have this plot item from the phase that helps expand the lore, that was otherwise unknowable without it.

could be cool shit.

• Waroth, Nortwin and Zuja like this

#4 Zuja

Zuja

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:08 PM

I want this. I want I want I WANT!

#5 dogabeey

dogabeey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

I want this. I want I want I WANT!

ty for bump :P

dr3ad see our pleas plox

• Zuja likes this

giphy.gif

#6 dogabeey

dogabeey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:44 PM

Hey, I just wanted to say I'm still waiting for this great idea to be realized by our god and savior dr3ad. I'm dreaming about this feature every night and It's giving me a bon  I have many ideas that could use this feature and I can't wait to see it implemented. So I'm bumping this topic once again just in case It might've escaped your notice. Ty in advance.

giphy.gif

#7 dr3ad

dr3ad

The Mightiest of All

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6313 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:33 AM

Hey, I just wanted to say I'm still waiting for this great idea to be realized by our god and savior dr3ad. I'm dreaming about this feature every night and It's giving me a bon  I have many ideas that could use this feature and I can't wait to see it implemented. So I'm bumping this topic once again just in case It might've escaped your notice. Ty in advance.

There are two possibilities: 1) Requiring money in order to execute option and 2) Popup box with Accept/Decline

Those two are built-in and can easily be implemented, so maybe making command to set all players gold to 0 or save their gold on join/leave?

#8 Antonius Augury

Antonius Augury

Magic Extraordinaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

There are two possibilities: 1) Requiring money in order to execute option and 2) Popup box with Accept/Decline

Those two are built-in and can easily be implemented, so maybe making command to set all players gold to 0 or save their gold on join/leave?

Is it possible for option 1 to use custom currencies or only copper/silver/gold?

TUov15t.png?1

Aliases

Dungeon Master - OOC Event Hoster

Draeir Dawnspear - High Elven Spearman

Salimus - Necromantic Apothecary

Spright Gearwobble - Battle-mage

#9 Nortwin

Nortwin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1494 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:26 AM

afaik theres a gossip option to input a password, too
same with the Ian Drake npc back in old stormwind

• dogabeey likes this

QX140DG.png

#10 dogabeey

dogabeey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

Well I haven't seen any similiar stuff in retail regarding gossip options. But I've seen several servers that used your vote point to give you shit using NPC dialogs.

Couldn't it be done with a lua code (or whatever you guys are using to mod server) like;

function OnGossipOptionSelected(etc etc)
if(myChar.requiredItem.count > 0) something something

Or It could be implemented as Quest system, like creating a repeatable (blue question mark) quest for a npc who gives you a certain item for another item. That wouldn't require any coding but php SQL query since It simply adds a new line to quest database.

giphy.gif

#11 Nortwin

Nortwin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1494 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

Well I haven't seen any similiar stuff in retail regarding gossip options. But I've seen several servers that used your vote point to give you shit using NPC dialogs.

Couldn't it be done with a lua code (or whatever you guys are using to mod server) like;

function OnGossipOptionSelected(etc etc)
if(myChar.requiredItem.count > 0) something something

Or It could be implemented as Quest system, like creating a repeatable (blue question mark) quest for a npc who gives you a certain item for another item. That wouldn't require any coding but php SQL query since It simply adds a new line to quest database.

if quests are featured on rph then we'll most likely see .quest disabled, also the quests would need objectives such as having an item and they could reward you with other items

QX140DG.png