Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (21 November 2017 - 04:27 PM)

New command: .gob near will list Top 10 Closest gameobjects and their guids/scales

@  dr3ad : (19 November 2017 - 01:56 PM)

New command: .gob state 0 3 will activate gameobjects such as doors permanently.

@  dr3ad : (25 October 2017 - 07:31 PM)

New commands .phase history and .phase capacity have been added! Check Changelog for more info.

@  dr3ad : (06 October 2017 - 07:52 AM)

Issue with server restarter has been fixed. Server is online.

@  dr3ad : (01 September 2017 - 01:11 PM)

Xtremetop100 voting will now properly award silver coins.

@  dr3ad : (13 August 2017 - 10:26 PM)

A couple of new things were added. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (12 August 2017 - 12:26 PM)

If you had issues connecting with RPHTiny (such as CDN error) please re-download RPHTiny, all issues have been fixed!

@  dr3ad : (04 August 2017 - 12:44 AM)

Server is online! There was a minor issue with server startup that caused it to stay offline, all back on track now though!

@  dr3ad : (29 July 2017 - 05:24 PM)

Fixed despawning of gobjects happening with .gob tele command! Also Gobject List is now available in account panel where you can edit signs & other gobs.

@  dr3ad : (26 July 2017 - 11:01 PM)

New command: .char create #className => allows you to have unlimited characters on the account by bypassing client restrictions! Example usage: .char create druid

@  dr3ad : (24 July 2017 - 12:55 PM)

Fixed "Announce spam" ban bug that happened to few people, everything's good now.

@  dr3ad : (24 July 2017 - 12:01 AM)

New Starting Location Contest is up & running, read more here!

@  dr3ad : (22 July 2017 - 06:14 PM)

New command: .phase time day/night/number of hours will let you set time of the day of your phase or move the specific amount of hours forward in time!

@  dr3ad : (21 July 2017 - 08:05 PM)

.char custom is back! .gob undo now also accepts number as parameter i.e .gob undo 5 to specify amount of gameobjects to delete up to 10/100 depending on rank

@  dr3ad : (21 July 2017 - 01:43 AM)

New command: .guild rename "OldName" "NewName"

@  dr3ad : (19 July 2017 - 02:33 PM)

New command: .glist [full] which works the same as .rp list except it is for guilds!

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2017 - 01:24 PM)

New commands: .phase sayrange, .phase yellrange, .phase emoterange => decides the range of respective /say, /yell & /emote messages. Useful in small phases so one group of people doesn't see emotes and chat messages of other people

@  dr3ad : (14 July 2017 - 06:24 PM)

Commands .gob del, .gob select, .npc del now accept GUID as parameter so you can target specific gameobjects

@  dr3ad : (13 July 2017 - 06:43 PM)

New command: .gob tele which transforms any Sign gameobject into a clickable teleport (current position is taken as destination)

@  dr3ad : (12 July 2017 - 11:18 PM)

New command: .lookup skybox => .phase skybox is now also redesigned and accepts 7k more skyboxes that persist and all new-joining players will have it as well

Photo

Breaking lore?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 keyastas

keyastas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:37 AM

yeah i got kicked and banned out of a phase for breaking lore i was telling an actual world of warcraft lore story so whats the lore of RPH?

#2 Goobs

Goobs

Bobby Kotick's Powerful Testes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:43 AM

it's not about the lore of RPH, it's about the lore of the phase. question is, what was the story in question?

phase owners can ban you for any reason, by the way

Goobs the Curses Salesman (MIA forever[?])
Lord Zacravik
Peter Burthorne
Hodor Lavahide 

Spoiler

#3 keyastas

keyastas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:44 AM

oh i was telling the story on how you would normally kill the lich king in a raid and i got kicked for breaking lore idk maybe i didn't really bother to ask about the phase lore

#4 cruise3174

cruise3174

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 01:56 AM

Game mechanics are not lore. You would not 'normally kill the lich king in a raid' learn to RP.

• Myst and Esadan like this
Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda (Star Wars: Episode V)

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. -Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars: Episode 3)

#5 Antonius Augury

Antonius Augury

Magic Extraordinaire

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1088 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 02:53 AM

Game mechanics are not lore. You would not 'normally kill the lich king in a raid' learn to RP.

It has little to do with game mechanics.

Rather that it's rather presumptuous to say that out of everybody on Azeroth, you're one of the few 'player characters' that successfully defeated and took down the Lich King. Not only is this appropriating Blizzard's lore to suit your personal benefit, but it's an incredibly important role that doesn't really have a place in most RPH contexts. For example, the player character would never go to Rhinestone, or Sanlow, or Eastmoon - it's simply not something they'd be doing. At the moment, canonically, they're on Argus anyway.

So it really is bending the lore to your own advantage to say that you were one of the 25 heroes that took down The Lich King.

• Myst, Storrent, cruise3174 and 2 others like this

TUov15t.png?1

Aliases

Dungeon Master - OOC Event Hoster

Draeir Dawnspear - High Elven Spearman

Salimus - Necromantic Apothecary

Spright Gearwobble - Battle-mage

#6 Jon Bishop

Jon Bishop

Token Anarchist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:40 AM

So it really is bending the lore to your own advantage to say that you were one of the 25 heroes that took down The Lich King.

Honestly it would in-universe be waaaay more than 25 and dozens would die all the way until the actual fight with Arthas.

communist-fist.png

Adopt-A-Bio™ Direct Link

http://rpheaven.org/...ead/#entry97516

Characters

Spoiler

#7 Kronomo

Kronomo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:28 AM

Whisp the phase owner here nobody can help with these kind of things

Spoiler

#8 Myst

Myst

the best of RPH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:49 AM

As stated above. The ingame mechanic is NOT entirely what happens lorewise. The best of the best of Azerothian heroes took down, together with a great variety of npcs, the Lich King in a long ass campaign that took longer than 1 year ( on Northrend itself) and some months outside Northrend. It always happens like this. Nameless heroes, whom you play on retail, are the unsung heroes cuz they are a mystery yet they "slay" every great foe. They are now icly rulers over their class hall. Unless you rp as said hero, it would also be done through a long fight, not with simple game mechanics.

Hope this helped.

Kind regards,

Vis

• keyastas likes this

#9 Jacklyn

Jacklyn

slayer of thots

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:29 AM

tirion killed the lich king

• cruise3174 likes this

unknown_6.png

#10 The Pen

The Pen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

oh i was telling the story on how you would normally kill the lich king in a raid and i got kicked for breaking lore idk maybe i didn't really bother to ask about the phase lore

If you were telling this IC, you fully deserve the kick. Not only should you NEVER be one of the Retail Adventurers, only Tirion, The Adventurers and the Ebon Blade really know what happened up there, so yeah. You were breaking the lore with your IC act.

The pen is mightier than the sword. And imagination, well, imagination is magic. And magic beats all.

8f2e54f5cd39f5afd2a1eae0592c37cf.png
UOjH3k1.png

#11 Golduck

Golduck

golducke of rivia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

yeah i got kicked and banned out of a phase for breaking lore i was telling an actual world of warcraft lore story so whats the lore of RPH?
It's his phase he does what the hell he wants. 

Discord:  golduck of rivia#1634| Blizzard App: ImpPimp |

#12 Illarian

Illarian

Italian Dragon-Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:58 PM

only Tirion, The Adventurers and the Ebon Blade

Except the fact that the adventurers all died and were never mass-resurrected by Terenas anyway, so....

9d5.png

source.gif

#13 The Pen

The Pen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

Except the fact that the adventurers all died and were never mass-resurrected by Terenas anyway, so....

Is this something I missed or some kind of a joke? I don't remember reading anything like that anywhere.

The pen is mightier than the sword. And imagination, well, imagination is magic. And magic beats all.

UOjH3k1.png

#14 Illarian

Illarian

Italian Dragon-Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

Is this something I missed or some kind of a joke?

In Sylvanas's chapter there's a description of the Frozen Throne after the Lich King's death:

"His broken armor lay in pieces on the white peak before his throne, surrounded with blackened cakes of frozen gore, the remains of those who had finally brought him to his knees."

It might be that just some of them died, but its really unclear, Blizzard being vague isn't anything new.

• The Pen likes this

source.gif

#15 The Pen

The Pen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:39 PM

In Sylvanas's chapter there's a description of the Frozen Throne after the Lich King's death:

"His broken armor lay in pieces on the white peak before his throne, surrounded with blackened cakes of frozen gore, the remains of those who had finally brought him to his knees."

It might be that just some of them died, but its really unclear, Blizzard being vague isn't anything new.

Oh, okay. That's fair. Thanks for the info!

UOjH3k1.png

#16 adnamsghostshippaleale1

adnamsghostshippaleale1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:25 PM

no need to be abrasive about it

#17 TheKaldorei1

TheKaldorei1

Banshee Queen

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:25 AM

hey guys he's new dont bully

Posted Image