Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (01 September 2017 - 01:11 PM)

Xtremetop100 voting will now properly award silver coins.

@  dr3ad : (13 August 2017 - 10:26 PM)

A couple of new things were added. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (12 August 2017 - 12:26 PM)

If you had issues connecting with RPHTiny (such as CDN error) please re-download RPHTiny, all issues have been fixed!

@  dr3ad : (04 August 2017 - 12:44 AM)

Server is online! There was a minor issue with server startup that caused it to stay offline, all back on track now though!

@  dr3ad : (29 July 2017 - 05:24 PM)

Fixed despawning of gobjects happening with .gob tele command! Also Gobject List is now available in account panel where you can edit signs & other gobs.

@  dr3ad : (26 July 2017 - 11:01 PM)

New command: .char create #className => allows you to have unlimited characters on the account by bypassing client restrictions! Example usage: .char create druid

@  dr3ad : (24 July 2017 - 12:55 PM)

Fixed "Announce spam" ban bug that happened to few people, everything's good now.

@  dr3ad : (24 July 2017 - 12:01 AM)

New Starting Location Contest is up & running, read more here!

@  dr3ad : (22 July 2017 - 06:14 PM)

New command: .phase time day/night/number of hours will let you set time of the day of your phase or move the specific amount of hours forward in time!

@  dr3ad : (21 July 2017 - 08:05 PM)

.char custom is back! .gob undo now also accepts number as parameter i.e .gob undo 5 to specify amount of gameobjects to delete up to 10/100 depending on rank

@  dr3ad : (21 July 2017 - 01:43 AM)

New command: .guild rename "OldName" "NewName"

@  dr3ad : (19 July 2017 - 02:33 PM)

New command: .glist [full] which works the same as .rp list except it is for guilds!

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2017 - 01:24 PM)

New commands: .phase sayrange, .phase yellrange, .phase emoterange => decides the range of respective /say, /yell & /emote messages. Useful in small phases so one group of people doesn't see emotes and chat messages of other people

@  dr3ad : (14 July 2017 - 06:24 PM)

Commands .gob del, .gob select, .npc del now accept GUID as parameter so you can target specific gameobjects

@  dr3ad : (13 July 2017 - 06:43 PM)

New command: .gob tele which transforms any Sign gameobject into a clickable teleport (current position is taken as destination)

@  dr3ad : (12 July 2017 - 11:18 PM)

New command: .lookup skybox => .phase skybox is now also redesigned and accepts 7k more skyboxes that persist and all new-joining players will have it as well

@  dr3ad : (12 July 2017 - 02:59 PM)

New commands: .gobject clone (retains scale + rotation), .gobject angle (allows you to set rotation as seen in .gob select)

@  dr3ad : (09 July 2017 - 07:37 PM)

New commands: .phase whitelist command & .phase whitelist spell => Read more in changelog

@  dr3ad : (28 June 2017 - 07:36 PM)

Adding shirt item now works in NPC Templates. Also 2 new commands were implemented: .gob move & .gob rel

@  dr3ad : (25 June 2017 - 06:07 PM)

Phase ranks are now editable.

Photo
- - - - -

Re: Where are the Forum Moderators?

Forum RPH Moderators Re

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:28 AM

Since we're unable to respond to that forum post, I felt like making a re, so that people can share what they think about the presented situation and so Shan can get an actual answer. But firstly, I want to respond with a few of my own answers in order to clear up any confusion.

Firstly, the "bullying." There is no bullying occurring. There are two different situations which have been alluded to, and neither is bullying.

The first is the situation with certain ERPers such as Shahnaz and Velistra, who choose to perform specific erotic actions which the community finds disgusting. The community reacting by posting pictures of their intimate sessions among other things is not bullying, because they did so with the intent to raise awareness about these roleplayers and their actions.

One way or another, everything comes back to us, and this response from the people of the forums is the consequence for attempting to promote and defend slavery, harem, and pedophilia ERP. These people should be banned but are not, and thus are shamed. The response is justified and these people reap what they sow. On the other hand, the only true instance of any potential harrassment was when a picture of Shahnaz was leaked along with his name. Choosing to post pictures and other personal information online is a choice. Everyone knows that once you send out that information, it's out of your hands. Take the risk or don't, but don't be upset if it comes back to you.

The second situation is with the phase griefing of specifically the Dalaran phase. This is not bullying either, this is trolling, and it's already been handled by Goudy, so bringing it up as an example of a lack of security on the forums is meaningless.

I also want to provide a more personal response to your claims that the moderators do not care about the server's image or security and that the community here is, in your words, "brash enough to publicly shame other players and get away with it."

The moderators do indeed care about the server's image and security. They recently banned a friend of mine from the forums for upsetting someone due to his own dark humor, or at least, that is the supposed reason. They do indeed care about the security of this server and this forum, hence why they have instated and updated rules from the very start.

They are not biased with who gets what. They make judgements based off of evidence and what they find to be right and wrong and it is not only completely respectable and understandable, but completely their choice as well. They don't have to be fair to us, but they choose to be, because they care about the server's image and security, and through that, us.

Secondly, the community (and the facts from which the community draws upon) does not give a flying fuck about your feelings. If what you're doing is wrong, we will point it out and press you with it until you either stop trying to parade it around or you admit your wrong-doing. If you want a server where people are censored because no one can take criticism, you're welcome to join Epsilon. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

( https://m.youtube.co...h?v=e8chEy9rwL4 )
( https://m.youtube.co...h?v=0f1jgVKRhzE )

Allow me to reiterate in TL;DR fashion:
The moderators are doing their job the way they're supposed to. Just because they're not doing it the way you want them to doesn't make them wrong and just because you can't stand watching scummy people take criticism, doesn't mean we should be punished for your sensitivity.

I hope that covered everything, I am open to debating with anyone who desires a debate.
  • Nortwin, Red Dorage, just 'Neth' and 5 others like this
Deus Vult

#2 Gavinlad

Gavinlad

mm2build

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:40 AM

this whole thing - this response included - is mad funny

• Call Me Straws, Red Dorage, just 'Neth' and 1 other like this

^ GET A LOAF OF THIS GUY ^

W7yTvF8.png

#3 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:43 AM

What's your favorite part?
Deus Vult

#4 Gavinlad

Gavinlad

mm2build

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:48 AM

But firstly, I want to respond with a few of my own answers in order to clear up any confusion.

this part is probably the bit where i laughed the most

^ GET A LOAF OF THIS GUY ^

W7yTvF8.png

#5 Call Me Straws

Call Me Straws

Lich

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:48 AM

Since we're unable to respond to that forum post, I felt like making a re, so that people can share what they think about the presented situation and so Shan can get an actual answer. But firstly, I want to respond with a few of my own answers in order to clear up any confusion.

Firstly, the "bullying." There is no bullying occurring. There are two different situations which have been alluded to, and neither is bullying.

The first is the situation with certain ERPers such as Shahnaz and Velistra, who choose to perform specific erotic actions which the community finds disgusting. The community reacting by posting pictures of their intimate sessions among other things is not bullying, because they did so with the intent to raise awareness about these roleplayers and their actions.

One way or another, everything comes back to us, and this response from the people of the forums is the consequence for attempting to promote and defend slavery, harem, and pedophilia ERP. These people should be banned but are not, and thus are shamed. The response is justified and these people reap what they sow. On the other hand, the only true instance of any potential harrassment was when a picture of Shahnaz was leaked along with his name. Choosing to post pictures and other personal information online is a choice. Everyone knows that once you send out that information, it's out of your hands. Take the risk or don't, but don't be upset if it comes back to you.

The second situation is with the phase griefing of specifically the Dalaran phase. This is not bullying either, this is trolling, and it's already been handled by Goudy, so bringing it up as an example of a lack of security on the forums is meaningless.

I also want to provide a more personal response to your claims that the moderators do not care about the server's image or security and that the community here is, in your words, "brash enough to publicly shame other players and get away with it."

The moderators do indeed care about the server's image and security. They recently banned a friend of mine from the forums for upsetting someone due to his own dark humor, or at least, that is the supposed reason. They do indeed care about the security of this server and this forum, hence why they have instated and updated rules from the very start.

They are not biased with who gets what. They make judgements based off of evidence and what they find to be right and wrong and it is not only completely respectable and understandable, but completely their choice as well. They don't have to be fair to us, but they choose to be, because they care about the server's image and security, and through that, us.

Secondly, the community (and the facts from which the community draws upon) does not give a flying fuck about your feelings. If what you're doing is wrong, we will point it out and press you with it until you either stop trying to parade it around or you admit your wrong-doing. If you want a server where people are censored because no one can take criticism, you're welcome to join Epsilon. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

( https://m.youtube.co...h?v=e8chEy9rwL4 )
( https://m.youtube.co...h?v=0f1jgVKRhzE )

Allow me to reiterate in TL;DR fashion:
The moderators are doing their job the way they're supposed to. Just because they're not doing it the way you want them to doesn't make them wrong and just because you can't stand watching scummy people take criticism, doesn't mean we should be punished for your sensitivity.

I hope that covered everything, I am open to debating with anyone who desires a debate.

• Sashka5337 likes this

EpbsOZ1.png
HPidjma.png

#6 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:06 AM

this part is probably the bit where i laughed the most

Same
Deus Vult

#7 Red Dorage

Red Dorage

Dorange

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:41 AM

u forgot to alteast tag the dude 

@Shan

Spoiler

#8 Josh00

Josh00

breakfast of questionable morals

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:25 AM

it's a pretty epic forum post they should do more of these i think the next one could be even more epic what do you think guys like for a free vial of colors

• Sashka5337 and I hunt elves like this

hi i'm cereal

Spoiler

Moon_Mask_%28equipped%29.png?version=7f5           CultistAnimation.gif?version=0f64f52c00bBlue_Cultist_Archer.png?version=368f5201

thanks moonman

#9 Esadan

Esadan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 08:35 AM

iQSN-xKz.jpg

P E A C E             A N D               L O V E               B I T H

Oh yeah if you insult anyone you're banned, but dw we love free speech i swear

• just 'Neth', Sashka5337 and Gladiator like this

#10 Nortwin

Nortwin

self proclaimed meme emperor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1190 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 09:51 AM

SQUEAK how dare you mother fker insult our forum community... oh wait !! time to turn on good mode!!

If anyone ever became a forum moderator you would see 80% of threads deleted. Rph forums are fun to browse exactly because they're a drain for drama, and most of all they're a place for the community to meet. Most of forum users are players who have been here for a couple years, and most posts are references to inside jokes between eachother. Most of the "bullying" is borderline banter - but people love feeling like victims/whiteknights and decide to make posts like this bloke here.
I visit the forums multiple times a day and i could honestly tell you that partaking in any role of staff in this server is a stressful choice, because most of us know eachother from the discord as well and removing posts that do not fit a "serious moral" scheme would just create more drama. Take an example: i get promoted to forum mod. I start deleting shitpost threads as soon as they are posted and keep guild/character bs/libram threads only. The community feels privated of their freedom of speech and i dont laugh my ass off at threads anymore.

But nortwin they could just make a new player forum mod so he'd have no trouble with friendships...

Thats where history bashes ur jew nose into ur face, chum, because Monty demonstrated 2 things: we cant have additional admins unless dread/bob know them personally and/or IRL without them trying to change the rules and turn rph into divinityx 2.0 (thanks epsilon for taking that role) and that women cant possess any position in the staff team due to the excessive amount of drama they create.
  • yolandi, Red Dorage, just 'Neth' and 2 others like this

DIIgxd1.png

#11 Brotherman Billbong

Brotherman Billbong

female dogs and garden tools

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1375 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 10:26 AM

i liked the "people can post screenshots shaming other players for RPing wrong" part of the initial post which rly explains a lot

• just 'Neth' likes this

rock it video game players

#12 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

SQUEAK how dare you mother fker insult our forum community... oh wait !! time to turn on good mode!!

nu stahp ur runuing muh imershun!!1!
Deus Vult

#13 Cobe

Cobe

Sit Down, Be Humble

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:57 PM

THANK YOU!

• Sashka5337 likes this

Posted Image

#14 just 'Neth'

just 'Neth'

Veteran or something

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1682 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

i liked the "people can post screenshots shaming other players for RPing wrong" part of the initial post which rly explains a lot

b-but my sex slave child ERP!

• Call Me Straws, Nortwin and Sashka5337 like this

My most used characters:

|  -   Graves Penton (Grav)

|  -   Netharion

|  -   Seren Niles

#15 Soundwave

Soundwave

Chronicler of Cringe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:32 AM

Bfnnfndmamssm

My memes are ironic.
My depression is chronic.

image.jpg?width=618&height=678

#16 Hrehboiii

Hrehboiii

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:55 PM

and that women cant possess any position in the staff team due to the excessive amount of drama they create.

aint that the truth, danm wamens

"I've seen peoples' signatures and posts featuring ERP logs to shame active players, even keying in on their name." - Shan

photo-thumb-12212.png?_r=1503300956photo-thumb-12212.png?_r=1503300956photo-thumb-12212.png?_r=1503300956photo-thumb-12212.png?_r=1503300956photo-thumb-12212.png?_r=1503300956photo-thumb-12212.png?_r=1503300956photo-thumb-12212.png?_r=1503300956

• Sashka5337 likes this

unknown.png

shahnaz11.png

shahnaz12.png?width=400&height=30

unknown.png

unknown.png?width=400&height=54

#17 HeWhoWaits

HeWhoWaits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:36 AM

I don't get why people are so obsessed with fighting against the ERPers. Most of them stay in their own phases, and if someone says they don't, that usually means they do. You people as bad as Ted Cruz.

We all know this is going on. Why are people trying to demonize it?

#18 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:51 AM

I don't get why people are so obsessed with fighting against the ERPers. Most of them stay in their own phases, and if someone says they don't, that usually means they do. You people as bad as Ted Cruz.

We all know this is going on. Why are people trying to demonize it?

For me at least, the issue ain't that people are ERPing. Everyone's done it before. The issue is what people ERP. Slaves, slave owners, children, etc and then they promote it or defend it. It's a sick personal fantasy that should never be promoted. It would be easier on these people if they said "You're right, I regret my decisions, I won't do it again." Then it would return to a situation of "don't ask, don't tell."
Deus Vult

#19 Scales

Scales

Dargun Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1128 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:55 AM

For me at least, the issue ain't that people are ERPing. Everyone's done it before. The issue is what people ERP. Slaves, slave owners, children, etc and then they promote it or defend it. It's a sick personal fantasy that should never be promoted. It would be easier on these people if they said "You're right, I regret my decisions, I won't do it again." Then it would return to a situation of "don't ask, don't tell."

this basically, couldn't have put it better

• Sashka5337 likes this

d3d656a0e1.jpg

#20 HeWhoWaits

HeWhoWaits

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:59 AM

Maybe this is their only place of release?

I'd hope not, but tbh, if someones into playing a slave or a slave owner (like literally hundreds of people on swtor) why take an interest in it?

I mean, if they're going around promoting a harem guild with openly obscene and graphic ads that's one thing. But I can't recall that happening much on this server. I feel like having them play it out over WoW is probably better than doing it irl.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Forum, RPH, Moderators, Re