Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (07 June 2018 - 10:24 PM)

RPHLite AddOn is now available for download, it's a must have addon and will ship with RPHTiny client by default from now on. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (31 May 2018 - 02:35 PM)

New reward Book Forge has been added! Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can get notified when player joins the phase if you're phase owner or have a rank. While having permission you can toggle messages with .toggleph

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can now auto promote players that join the phase with .ph auto #RankID command

@  dr3ad : (16 May 2018 - 11:52 PM)

.phase inplace command has been added that skips phase starting location (leaves you in place), however requires phase rank to use

@  dr3ad : (07 May 2018 - 09:53 AM)

Starting Area Contest has started and will last until 17th of May! View topic here.

@  dr3ad : (28 March 2018 - 08:57 AM)

Getting coins voting at XtremeTop100 fixed. Many additions to NPC Scripting. Check changelog.

@  dr3ad : (18 February 2018 - 06:31 PM)

Some NPC Script updates. Addition of Target Type "NPC with specific GUID" and Action "Pause Waypoint Movement", so now the scripts can finally target specific npc based on guid

@  dr3ad : (06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM)

Reminder that you can now chose in Rank Manager whether player can only manipulate (e.g delete) his own gobs/npcs. Phase owner can now also change color of specific phase ranks a.k.a name color in .ph ann

@  dr3ad : (25 December 2017 - 10:52 PM)

NPC scripts now work in all phases that you own, additionally phase ranks now contain "Can Use NPC Scripting" option, so everyone who has Scripting perk can now promote people and let them help with scripting the phase

@  dr3ad : (04 December 2017 - 06:19 PM)

You can now browse already made NPC Templates and use their items while making a new NPC Template!

@  dr3ad : (02 December 2017 - 06:39 PM)

New command: .phase playlist #SoundID #LengthOfASongInSeconds will let you make phase playlists e.g 10 songs that will keep playing on loop from 1-10 and repeat. Every consecutive command use the song is added to the list. Use .phase pl clear to clear the playlist

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 10:49 PM)

Server is online!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Server is restarting and will be up in a couple of minutes as soon as phase cleanup is done!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:19 PM)

Gameobject cleanup will take place soon, all accounts inactive more than 6 months will have their character's phases deleted as we're reaching 15 millions gobjects mark!

@  dr3ad : (21 November 2017 - 04:27 PM)

New command: .gob near will list Top 10 Closest gameobjects and their guids/scales

@  dr3ad : (19 November 2017 - 01:56 PM)

New command: .gob state 0 3 will activate gameobjects such as doors permanently.

@  dr3ad : (25 October 2017 - 07:31 PM)

New commands .phase history and .phase capacity have been added! Check Changelog for more info.

@  dr3ad : (06 October 2017 - 07:52 AM)

Issue with server restarter has been fixed. Server is online.

@  dr3ad : (01 September 2017 - 01:11 PM)

Xtremetop100 voting will now properly award silver coins.

Photo

The Golden Age

Pirates Sailors Ships arrgh matie pirates sailors

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

still a pirate rper

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 11:06 PM

nf8nOUg.png

https://www.youtube....h?v=mU01dETGFfc

War rages across Azeroth. But as brave adventurers and colossal armies campaign against nations and invaders, a different war is fought across golden shorelines and upon the high seas. Through an orchestra of thundering ordnance, a cacaphony of clashing steel and blazing firepans fuelled by an ambitious desire for gold, anarchy or just sheer vehemence. Black hearts who kow-tow to no royalty, and just as likely to cross their fellow men-before-the-mast as strike a devilish bargain with him. For chaos is indeed a ladder but a slippery one; the route to riches paved with sacrifice.

p4jGjhi.png

The Golden Age is a project and guild aiming to provide a more intense approach to pirate and sailor roleplay. It's the only type of roleplay I've done seriously for the past 7 years, but what has irked me is how pirate chars live forever. In real life, pirate careers would rarely last more than a few years (if not less) before the crewmen would earn enough booty to retire as rich men, alternatively they'd die. Hanged for your crimes, slain in battle, a bad doctor's treatment or other countless, cruel and hilarious kicks to an early grave. It was an intense and chaotic lifestyle.

And that's what we want to roleplay.

At the core of The Golden Age's roleplay style is nonoptional death. If your character gets into a situation that they'll die from, they're dead. And there are many ways to die in this guild, and not just combat (which is becoming increasingly rare). Disease, accidents and executions being very prominent.

This is not a guild about dying, it's about creating an immersive, believable and intense story about the pirate lifestyle. In my opinion you can only achieve true character progression if there is actual risk, and no plot armor or glass bubble protecting them from any consequence. Not just for the players, but also me as the DM. I improvise most of my events and everything is very open-ended and unstructured, with whoever being in charge ICly having the ability to doom or lead the crew to glory.

To improve the immersion The Golden Age has several systems in place. Some are still WIP, while others are being slowly implemented or already are. While before we had very vague systems usually based on a flat roll number, we are now moving on to a more tabletop or classical RPG-like series of systems. These systems encompass reputation, economy, classes and background templates, and of course combat. Combat is turn based, and land combat is mainly defined by a system for weapons. Some weapons will be good at different things - for example, a sword will have a hard time piercing armor. A gun will be able to shoot fast, but requires several of your turns to reload. 

Naval Combat is always something strangely avoided by pirate guilds. The Golden Age embraces what makes pirates pirates! We have a wide system for naval combat which includes the properties of different Warcraft ships, the ships weapons, their speed in different winds, distances, crew and more. At sea, you will have different chances of spotting ships belonging to various Warcraft factions that all carry different trade goods. Steamwheedle Ships often carry slaves, while Zandalari ships have expensive spices and caged beasts. Some of these ships will be easier to fight, and engaging them will affect your crew's reputation in the world.

These systems all require several documents, and are quite in-depth and complicated. However, only the DM needs to know it for the players to enjoy themselves, and I won't force anyone to go through it.

NPCs also play an important part in this guild, as the events we do are all DM'd experiences. However, NPCs are not treated by me like conveniently stupid machines. All the NPCs in my phase are unique characters, just like yours, with their own ambitions and goals. In most cases, rolling won't be able to manipulate a character - you will need to read them, understand them, and adapt to them. If your character is able to, ofcourse. NPCs have the same bonuses and penalties as player characters, and some will be easier and harder to defeat for you as such.

Because NPCs are so tied to the players, members are able to seamlessly introduce new characters to bring into the pirate life when their old character dies or retires. Perhaps the crew will meet them in a port, capture them from a ship and maroon them, or simply recruit them, allowing you to truly get into their shoes later down the line.

The Golden Age also has room for more 'scripted' narrative and storytelling. There are many dark plots, schemes and people of importance at stake that will look to harm, help or use their crew: sometimes with entire cities and hundreds of futures at stake. Once again however, even these storylines are mostly improvised and open ended, and more like the plot of a movie or book rather than a video games linear questing. This guild should not be seen as an RPG or DnD guild, as the systems are put in place to improve the believability rather than themselves being the guild's center.

Spoiler

A graveyard set up for all the characters that have lost their lives so far. Many more to come...

So what are the goals of The Golden Age? In-game, that depends from crew to crew. Most pirates will either want to live a fast and loose life, while others will want to retire rich. One thing is certain, however: a majority of our characters won't be permanent. They will have a beginning, a development, and an ending. They will be remembered.

To simplify the process of likely often changing characters and crews, we use the project name for the guild (The Golden Age) instead of the current ship/crew's name and OOCly our characters use vague names such as Freebooter, Scoundrel, Miscreant etc. Thus, people easily know who it is OOC, while ICly you can simply morph, change race/appearance and TRP profile to become somebody new the next day.

87GAgFI.jpg

Our only real requirement for you joining is that you're interesting to roleplay with. Pirate crews are a colorful palette of different backgrounds and ideologies, often conflicting and sometimes even ending in bloodshed so we technically accept anything and anyone within reason. Since this guild is heavily centered around the sailor atmosphere, we have a limit on Female members and magic users. Elves need not apply. And of course, do not cause a scene when your oh so loved character dies of Lassa fever, dressed up as a Navy Captain and hanged by inbred village-idiots or cut down by bloodthirsty pirates from a rival crew, or any other unpredictable and hilarious incident. It's what this guild is about.

A majority of our members live within the EU timezone.

We use phase 1122 as the phase for our roleplay, a phase that combines creativity, functionality and experience to provide the most immersive and long-lasting pirate phase out there. It is a vast and ever growing world of piratical locations, most importantly our Ship(s), ( .t GaShip, .t GAshipsmall) and various ports we visit: .t SS6, .t TelAbim, .t Tidefury. We also have a small camp based in Stranglethorn, .t GaCamp.

If you're interested in joining, PM details about your character or contact any online crewman for a trial-by-roleplay.

The Golden Age of piracy lives on...

giphy.gif

• Nortwin, Myst, Drakinius and 10 others like this

Check out The Golden Age, a pirate roleplay guild:
http://rpheaven.org/...ge/#entry134962

Here's a combat system I've made, called Realistic Combat System:
http://rpheaven.org/...-combat-system/

Spoiler

You can usually find me online on the characters Freebooter, The Ugly, Saint-Eyes and DJ Pirate

#2 Antonius Augury

Antonius Augury

Magic Extraordinaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:53 AM

i'm disappointed that you theme isn't the golden age by woodkid

but oh well, best of luck with this, i keep seeing 'nautical rp projects' appear on RPH and then they just die off or disappear after a week or two

• Bladefist and Storrent like this

TUov15t.png?1

Aliases

Dungeon Master - OOC Event Hoster

Draeir Dawnspear - High Elven Spearman

Salimus - Necromantic Apothecary

Spright Gearwobble - Battle-mage

#3 Josh00

Josh00

by valaya's helm its a tide of them

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:28 AM

the only good video game from this period of time was tarzan for the playstation 2

Spoiler
JgNAy7I.png

#4 RoberTheForlorne

RoberTheForlorne

thiccest of roys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:12 AM

Yarrrg!

Free cheers fer ol' Sain'-Eyes!

Gonna be fun, boi.

- Lyth

i am the thiccest

i a m the roy

i am the thiccest of roys.

#5 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

still a pirate rper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:47 AM

The Motley Crew

https://www.youtube....h?v=u7KS3Br0yG8

Shipwreck Shore, Gillijim's Isle, 31 years post The Dark Portal...

In the seedy port, a number of ambitious lowlives and cut-throats grow ever restless. With more lawless activities curtailed by the Stormwind occupation, many resorted to odd jobs for a local Administrator: contracts of often questionable morality. Investigations of missing shipments, and bounties on escaped slaves. From these small adventures, both close bonds and personal vendettas have been struck...

Spoiler

Spoiler

This band of loose connections ever grew in the shadows of Fort Aldergarde's watchful eye, eventually a wicked scheme finds them hired aboard The Cruise, a mercantile vessel headed for Pandaria. But, men of such black ambitions ought not to be trusted, as they soon plot a bloody mutiny against the back-breaking Captain.

Spoiler

Deep in the night, the rogues skulk into the ship's armory, taking its arnaments for themselves and their co-plotters. After assassinating the Captain and impaling his body upon a harpoon, fighting ensues amongst the mutineers and the still-loyal officers. As the full moon goes back behind the cover of clouds, and the brazen clash of steel calms the mutineers have taken over the ship - the survivors who refuse to join them are to be marooned on a deserted island. A new Captain and Quartermaster have been crowned through election by the motley crew: Ahura, an ambitious Kaldorei seeking to gain a destiny he was never to be given, and Malaki, a gold-lusting and savvy Jungle Troll. Other key crewmen in this ragtag crew include the One-legged Lytharia, still seeking vengeance against the marines of Aldergarde, Crambrunch Jagshambler, a freedom-lusting fishergnome, and Nasty Snot: a violent worgen brute, with a penhance for violence and cruelties.

With their merchantman ship flying the crossbone colors, the Motley Crew remain strict on the old Captain's course to Pandaria. But they do not seek to peacefully trade spices or silk, rather take their fortunes with force.

The Golden Age of piracy lives on...

• ANdreiusus likes this

Spoiler

You can usually find me online on the characters Freebooter, The Ugly, Saint-Eyes and DJ Pirate

#6 RoberTheForlorne

RoberTheForlorne

thiccest of roys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:15 AM

Yarr.

i am the thiccest

i a m the roy

#7 ANdreiusus

ANdreiusus

bfa enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:10 PM

That Nasty Snot guy sounds really nice.

i like the project. would smash. 10/10

• Wo0d Glue likes this

#8 Storrent

Storrent

no pfp no opinion

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:23 PM

i'm disappointed that you theme isn't the golden age by woodkid

mm good album

---

Is this still up and running? Pirate rp is pretty tasty

• ANdreiusus likes this

e73Tslt.png

NuVumIx.png

hmm

#9 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

still a pirate rper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

mm good album
---
Is this still up and running? Pirate rp is pretty tasty

Yes, the guild is still running albeit I'm uncertain how active and engaged members are while I'm gone during the weekdays. I'll be able to commit fully starting the 26th of November or so.

In the meantime I do events during the weekends I'm available, but if you see any crewman online anytime you may contact them.

Spoiler

#10 RoberTheForlorne

RoberTheForlorne

thiccest of roys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

amp-quot-never-trust-an-elf-amp-quot-lor

• ANdreiusus likes this

i am the thiccest

i a m the roy

#11 RoberTheForlorne

RoberTheForlorne

thiccest of roys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

Yarr.

i am the thiccest

i a m the roy

#12 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

still a pirate rper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:37 PM

As my grand return on the 25th draws near, The Golden Age will soon launch fully with a bang: a major storyline whose consequences shall rattle the bones of every jack-tar worth his salt, be he of a heart golden or black...

Here is a teaser for what is to come.

Spoiler

• ANdreiusus likes this

Spoiler

#13 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

still a pirate rper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:55 AM

The Second Mutiny

After the rather uncharismatic and unsuccesful Captain Ahura failed in his duties as the crew's leader, especially after the crew suffered greatly at the hands of a measly salvage barge, the despicable pirates of The Motley Crew launch yet another mutiny. Ironically this time, against the man who led them in the mutiny against Captain Wilker, the Maverick's previous owner. After a much-heated debate between the crewmen (and particulary the young One-Legged Lyth), the previous Quartermaster Malaki is elected Captain and his close friend Crambrunch voted into position of Quartermaster. Infuriated, Lyth takes her leave from the crew. The pirates now device a new scheme, to prey upon Venture Company river shipping in Stranglethorn...

Spoiler

Spoiler

#14 RoberTheForlorne

RoberTheForlorne

thiccest of roys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:42 PM

Fuck you guys, I'm leaving!

-Lyth being smart.

i am the thiccest

i a m the roy

#15 Nortwin

Nortwin

self-proclaimed forum moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1854 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:18 PM

Join The Golden Age or else.

• Myst, ANdreiusus, Wo0d Glue and 2 others like this

8DxYnsg.png

#16 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

still a pirate rper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:56 PM

It grows.

Spoiler

The Golden Age of Piracy lives on...

Spoiler

#17 Tazzy

Tazzy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:23 AM

but i thought the sun set on the golden age

not even our cutlasses of cosmic steel could stop fate

#18 cool traius guy

cool traius guy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:16 AM

in another life i may have been around to see this project and help u make npcs like b4 . .. .

but u r a good lad sir wood and best of luck

• Wo0d Glue likes this

#19 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

still a pirate rper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

in another life i may have been around to see this project and help u make npcs like b4 . .. .

but u r a good lad sir wood and best of luck

dw matie ur npcs live on in the 5th edition of shipwreck shore

Spoiler

#20 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

still a pirate rper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:26 PM

Rise and Fall of the Motley Crew

Great bounties would be theirs as The Motley Crew made way to Azshara. Despite managing to destroy the mapped-out Venture Co stash their scheme against the Goldstein dynasty of Bilgewater Harbor went with great success. A few of the crewmen snuck into the guarded Mansion while the rest of the crew remained far from the City, luring out the Goldsteins with a captive disguised as their son being the bait. Enraged upon finding that the hostage is not his true son, the crew make off with a chestful of ransom all while Goldstein's lackeys are at their heels. In their retreat, two of the crewmen die. After sailing off to a hidden cove, days of long wait awaited the men aboard The Maverick. No news from their men in Bilgewater, sent to rob the Goldstein mansion.

Almost a week later, a brig with her mainmast shot in half and a half-starving crew of six steered into the dock: the golden sails of the Goldstein dynasty in hear foremast. Indeed, it was the lost crewmen of the Motley Crew, with quite a tale to tell: and a hold full of loot. Gleefully, the Motley Crew under the now ill-reputed Malaki, now called Captain One-Tusk, scuttled The Maverick and used salvage from her to repair the potential terror that was the brig: renaming her The Merry Monarch as they made way back to Shipwreck Shore with a hold's worth of loot. To think that such a crew of ragtags and knaves would so quickly rise to such devilish potential and notoriety. But this was, perhaps not to last.

The crew return to Shipwreck Shore to find the Tirasian garrison reinforced. Drunk on riches, they belay heeding this hint of a warning, and race to The Dirty Hole followed by a train of golddiggers, street whores and washed-up sailors eager to join their ranks. A great feast of hedonistic carousing is had at the filthy tavern, with song, dance, ale and platter upon platter of onion-marinated dog (the chef's speciality). As the night grows old, many of the crewmen retreat to the upstairs brothel to enjoy the most sinful of the flesh, while the others rest half-drunk. But as all seems as well as could ever be for a pirate, the door is burst in. The harsh Captain Claudius Madrelle and his Veteran Marines seize the tavern, and while many of the patrons manage to flee through a secret Troll catacomb beneath the tavern, many of the patrons and crewmen are arrested and hauled off to Fort Aldergarde's prison to await trial and ineviteble execution.

Led by the seemingly resourceful Innkeeper, Saint-Eyes, the few crewmen that remain, patrons, and discourged militiamen, gather in the secret brewery to form a desperate resistance against the tyrannical occupation. With a meager stash of muskets and ammunition supplied to them by a local sugar magnate, the rebellious locals and pirates start a guerilla run in the streets of the ramshackle colony - ever plotting their survival and the occupants downfall. With most of The Motley Crew locked up and awaiting execution, including the feared Captain One-Tusk, Quartermaster Largo, nicknamed "The Inked Imp" for his devilish schemes, has vowed to get his mates free.

• ANdreiusus likes this

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pirates, Sailors, Ships, arrgh, matie, pirates, sailors