Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (04 December 2017 - 06:19 PM)

You can now browse already made NPC Templates and use their items while making a new NPC Template!

@  dr3ad : (02 December 2017 - 06:39 PM)

New command: .phase playlist #SoundID #LengthOfASongInSeconds will let you make phase playlists e.g 10 songs that will keep playing on loop from 1-10 and repeat. Every consecutive command use the song is added to the list. Use .phase pl clear to clear the playlist

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 10:49 PM)

Server is online!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Server is restarting and will be up in a couple of minutes as soon as phase cleanup is done!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:19 PM)

Gameobject cleanup will take place soon, all accounts inactive more than 6 months will have their character's phases deleted as we're reaching 15 millions gobjects mark!

@  dr3ad : (21 November 2017 - 04:27 PM)

New command: .gob near will list Top 10 Closest gameobjects and their guids/scales

@  dr3ad : (19 November 2017 - 01:56 PM)

New command: .gob state 0 3 will activate gameobjects such as doors permanently.

@  dr3ad : (25 October 2017 - 07:31 PM)

New commands .phase history and .phase capacity have been added! Check Changelog for more info.

@  dr3ad : (06 October 2017 - 07:52 AM)

Issue with server restarter has been fixed. Server is online.

@  dr3ad : (01 September 2017 - 01:11 PM)

Xtremetop100 voting will now properly award silver coins.

@  dr3ad : (13 August 2017 - 10:26 PM)

A couple of new things were added. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (12 August 2017 - 12:26 PM)

If you had issues connecting with RPHTiny (such as CDN error) please re-download RPHTiny, all issues have been fixed!

@  dr3ad : (04 August 2017 - 12:44 AM)

Server is online! There was a minor issue with server startup that caused it to stay offline, all back on track now though!

@  dr3ad : (29 July 2017 - 05:24 PM)

Fixed despawning of gobjects happening with .gob tele command! Also Gobject List is now available in account panel where you can edit signs & other gobs.

@  dr3ad : (26 July 2017 - 11:01 PM)

New command: .char create #className => allows you to have unlimited characters on the account by bypassing client restrictions! Example usage: .char create druid

@  dr3ad : (24 July 2017 - 12:55 PM)

Fixed "Announce spam" ban bug that happened to few people, everything's good now.

@  dr3ad : (24 July 2017 - 12:01 AM)

New Starting Location Contest is up & running, read more here!

@  dr3ad : (22 July 2017 - 06:14 PM)

New command: .phase time day/night/number of hours will let you set time of the day of your phase or move the specific amount of hours forward in time!

@  dr3ad : (21 July 2017 - 08:05 PM)

.char custom is back! .gob undo now also accepts number as parameter i.e .gob undo 5 to specify amount of gameobjects to delete up to 10/100 depending on rank

@  dr3ad : (21 July 2017 - 01:43 AM)

New command: .guild rename "OldName" "NewName"

Photo

[Suggestion] KUI nameplates and KUI nameplates TRP3 as built in server addons for RPH in the next expac or patch.

KUI Addons

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Collector

Collector

Your Friendly Lord of Change

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:47 PM

I thought it would be neat to have the KUI nameplates along with it's TRP3 addon to be intergrated as built in server addons for RPH like Spaced Whisper or Cross Faction Chat, it would allow us to see other players TRP3 names as opposed to their regular names as well as their custom titles, plus it would be good for people who are role-playing in a disguise.

If you want to see and try the addons for yourselves, they are right here: https://mods.curse.c...w/kuinameplates  https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/total-rp-3-kuinameplates-module

Disclaimer for confused people who think I just want to make peoples UI look shitty: I do not want to make peoples UI look shitty or change their UI style, that is not why I suggested this addon, I mainly suggest this as an intergrated addon for the TRP3 names feature to see peoples actual names since there is no ingame way to do it (unless they change their name on the site) and that the TRP3 nameplate addon is dependent on the core KUI addon, not for the nameplate UI itself, if you have a better looking addon that can replicate this effect please by all means post and link it.

oh yes

sweeet pizza

I can almost taste it!

#2 Tannitha

Tannitha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 12:27 AM

I wouldn't bundle that addon into the same category as Spaced Whisper or Cross Faction, the two are -required- to make things easier to communicate. I'm sure if people wanted KUI they'd already have it. And besides that, it's purely cosmetic and adds nothing to the function of things besides... well adding more name to the name plate, so it doesn't add anything necessary or demanded by people.

TL;DR

It's cosmetic and not required to make things function so shouldn't be added.

• Waroth, Antonius Augury and Kyuma like this

#3 Antonius Augury

Antonius Augury

Magic Extraordinaire

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:42 AM

It's cosmetic and not required to make things function so shouldn't be added.

pretty much this, RPHTiny is called RPHTiny because it's as small as it can reasonably be for people to download in a package. not to mention that people often add 30 million different titles to their character and this would needlessly clutter up the screen

• Storrent likes this

TUov15t.png?1

Aliases

Dungeon Master - OOC Event Hoster

Draeir Dawnspear - High Elven Spearman

Salimus - Necromantic Apothecary

Spright Gearwobble - Battle-mage

#4 Scales

Scales

Dargun Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

I thought rphtiny actually had trp3 installed already, that's why its so widely used

• Storrent likes this

d3d656a0e1.jpg

#5 Nortwin

Nortwin

sicker than your average phase builder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1494 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2017 - 09:14 AM

I thought rphtiny actually had trp3 installed already, that's why its so widely used

it does but it doesnt have kuinameplates which imho are fucking horrendous

QX140DG.png

#6 Erkorr

Erkorr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:17 PM

kui nameplates dosnt work on rph because it only shows people who share the same gm state with u

e.g. if you have gm on youll only see people with gm on have the nameplates and vice versa

#7 Collector

Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

pretty much this, RPHTiny is called RPHTiny because it's as small as it can reasonably be for people to download in a package. not to mention that people often add 30 million different titles to their character and this would needlessly clutter up the screen

Hang on, adding an addon like this is no more bigger than TRP3 and won't make the RPHtiny that much bigger and would probably still download fine as a package.

Oh and your point about people adding 30 million titles, I find that there aren't many people that do this and those that do are either very special snowflakes or just LoLRPers, on top of that there is a feature to turn off player titles in the addon interface menu if you wish to do so. Plus we can then stop seeing stupid placeholder names from people who were too lazy to change their name on the website and had to name it that way due to blizzard's dumb naming limits such as not being able to space the name or only being able to have a certain number of letters in the name they gave their characters.

oh yes

sweeet pizza

I can almost taste it!

#8 Waroth

Waroth

Random Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

I turn nameplates off so.. uh.. no thanks?

243lvh0.gif

Spoiler

#9 Collector

Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

I turn nameplates off so.. uh.. no thanks?

Then you will not see them anyway.

oh yes

sweeet pizza

I can almost taste it!

#10 cruise3174

cruise3174

• PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:52 PM

Let me get this straight. You want an addon forced on people that not everyone likes nor everyone would use. We have TRP3 because it is the BEST RP addon. We have spaced whisper and cross faction to make it possible to RP. Kui nameplates is fluff. Add it after the fact. It's not like you won't see others using it. Because you won't. It will just be you. We don't need to add useless fluff to the baseline of RPHTiny. We certainly don't need to force fluff on people that don't want it on their system that may cause issues with other addons they like to use beyond that.

TL;DR: No.

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda (Star Wars: Episode V)

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. -Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars: Episode 3)

#11 Collector

Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:18 PM

We certainly don't need to force fluff on people that don't want it on their system that may cause issues with other addons they like to use beyond that.

Well they could always disable it in the addons menu if they want to use other addons instead, I mainly suggest this addon because of the TRP3 names feature, I mean if there is another way or addon to have TRP3 names showing up instead of regular player names please by all means link it (really the TRP3 team should be making the names thing a feature in their addon), I guess I am just sick of seeing dumb placeholder names from people too lazy to change it on the site.

oh yes

sweeet pizza

I can almost taste it!

#12 cruise3174

cruise3174

• PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:28 PM

Or you could turn off the nameplates above people in the game menu because it's built in. There will be no adding to the bare minimum of the RPHTINY for a silly thing such as Kuiplates which, at best, is lazy.

If you want it, just download it yourself. I don't hear any voice but your own who complains about it.

#13 Collector

Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:41 PM

Or you could turn off the nameplates above people in the game menu because it's built in. There will be no adding to the bare minimum of the RPHTINY for a silly thing such as Kuiplates which, at best, is lazy.

If you want it, just download it yourself. I don't hear any voice but your own who complains about it.

Again, this suggestion is not for the nameplate UI itself, but for the TRP3 names feature, only reason I suggested KUI is because the TRP3 feature is dependent on it.

In terms of disabling names, I already do that, this is for people who do not for various reasons, plus people seeing their TRP3 names instead of their normal names enabled will be one small step to stop certain types of people meta-gaming from seeing their nameplate (Again the TRP3 team should be implementing this as a feature for their addon, plus having the TRP3 team implementing a similar feature in a player's healthbar as well as above player characters could potentially stop metagaming entirely) I am not trying to start an argument with anyone here, I am just doing all that I possibly can to try and improve the server, even if people may disagree with what I have to suggest or what features I feel need improving.

oh yes

sweeet pizza

I can almost taste it!

#14 cruise3174

cruise3174

• PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:45 PM

You're thinking too deeply on this and want a crappy addon to be forced on everyone just so you can justify having it and explaining why other people should have it.

#15 Collector

Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:50 PM

You're thinking too deeply on this and want a crappy addon to be forced on everyone just so you can justify having it and explaining why other people should have it.

Again, it's not really the addon I want, it's the TRP3 names feature I want that is dependent on the addon, if there is a way to have it without KUI nameplates then great tell us all about it. Let's not start an argument and maybe see how we can implement this feature without the UI of KUI.

oh yes

sweeet pizza

I can almost taste it!

#16 cruise3174

cruise3174

• PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:54 PM

You want the single feature that needs the addon to even work. This means you also want the addon. If there was a way, it would have been implemented in TRP3 by the creator.

At the end of the day, why even have it forced on everyone else. It has been suggested above it only works with people on the same gm level. So, people with gm on will only see people with gm on have it on also.

#17 Collector

Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:56 PM

I meant the TRP3 names feature of it which is dependent on KUI, which is why I suggested KUI, if there is another way to intergrate the TRP3 names feature without KUI then by all means post and link it here.

oh yes

sweeet pizza

I can almost taste it!

#18 Collector

Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:02 PM

If there was a way, it would have been implemented in TRP3 by the creator.

Which the creator of TRP3 should have done, I mean he/she could have prevented a lot of metagaming issues if he/she did implement a feature that showed players TRP3 names as opposed to their regular names.

But anyway you already know why I suggested this addon, let us not bounce it back and forth here and try and find a way to get something like it implemented without the need of KUI.

oh yes

sweeet pizza

I can almost taste it!

#19 cruise3174

cruise3174

• PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:03 PM

Which the creator of TRP3 should have done, I mean he/she could have prevented a lot of metagaming issues if he/she did implement a feature that showed players TRP3 names as opposed to their regular names.

But anyway you already know why I suggested this addon, let us not bounce it back and forth here and try and find a way to get something like it implemented without the need of KUI.

Bitch. How the fuck is your username metagaming.

#20 Collector

Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 11:18 PM

Bitch. How the fuck is your username metagaming.

You clearly haven't been to a public phase then, if you care to observe you will find town and city phases that have or rather have had elf archmage rulers who can assume who you are for various reasons, a common one being through your name.

For example let us say you were a demon disguised as a mortal and your regular name was DreadlordGuy but your TRP3 name was something else such as the name of your mortal disguise, that ruler could then somehow reveal who you are and know who you are and say "hey citizens, this random by passer is a demon" just by looking at your name and then make up some half-assed excuse as to how he/she did it when there would be no realistic way for them to do so (unless it was planned for a phase event of some sorts) which breaks immersion and is quite frankly shitty.

If you actually cared to think about it, the TRP3 creator adding a feature that hides your regular names with your TRP3 name would solve a lot of these metagaming issues if not completely eliminate them.

oh yes

sweeet pizza

I can almost taste it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KUI, Addons