Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can get notified when player joins the phase if you're phase owner or have a rank. While having permission you can toggle messages with .toggleph

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can now auto promote players that join the phase with .ph auto #RankID command

@  dr3ad : (16 May 2018 - 11:52 PM)

.phase inplace command has been added that skips phase starting location (leaves you in place), however requires phase rank to use

@  dr3ad : (07 May 2018 - 09:53 AM)

Starting Area Contest has started and will last until 17th of May! View topic here.

@  dr3ad : (28 March 2018 - 08:57 AM)

Getting coins voting at XtremeTop100 fixed. Many additions to NPC Scripting. Check changelog.

@  dr3ad : (18 February 2018 - 06:31 PM)

Some NPC Script updates. Addition of Target Type "NPC with specific GUID" and Action "Pause Waypoint Movement", so now the scripts can finally target specific npc based on guid

@  dr3ad : (06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM)

Reminder that you can now chose in Rank Manager whether player can only manipulate (e.g delete) his own gobs/npcs. Phase owner can now also change color of specific phase ranks a.k.a name color in .ph ann

@  dr3ad : (25 December 2017 - 10:52 PM)

NPC scripts now work in all phases that you own, additionally phase ranks now contain "Can Use NPC Scripting" option, so everyone who has Scripting perk can now promote people and let them help with scripting the phase

@  dr3ad : (04 December 2017 - 06:19 PM)

You can now browse already made NPC Templates and use their items while making a new NPC Template!

@  dr3ad : (02 December 2017 - 06:39 PM)

New command: .phase playlist #SoundID #LengthOfASongInSeconds will let you make phase playlists e.g 10 songs that will keep playing on loop from 1-10 and repeat. Every consecutive command use the song is added to the list. Use .phase pl clear to clear the playlist

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 10:49 PM)

Server is online!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Server is restarting and will be up in a couple of minutes as soon as phase cleanup is done!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:19 PM)

Gameobject cleanup will take place soon, all accounts inactive more than 6 months will have their character's phases deleted as we're reaching 15 millions gobjects mark!

@  dr3ad : (21 November 2017 - 04:27 PM)

New command: .gob near will list Top 10 Closest gameobjects and their guids/scales

@  dr3ad : (19 November 2017 - 01:56 PM)

New command: .gob state 0 3 will activate gameobjects such as doors permanently.

@  dr3ad : (25 October 2017 - 07:31 PM)

New commands .phase history and .phase capacity have been added! Check Changelog for more info.

@  dr3ad : (06 October 2017 - 07:52 AM)

Issue with server restarter has been fixed. Server is online.

@  dr3ad : (01 September 2017 - 01:11 PM)

Xtremetop100 voting will now properly award silver coins.

@  dr3ad : (13 August 2017 - 10:26 PM)

A couple of new things were added. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (12 August 2017 - 12:26 PM)

If you had issues connecting with RPHTiny (such as CDN error) please re-download RPHTiny, all issues have been fixed!

Photo
- - - - -

Looking for tips when opening up a 24/7 phase

Phase phase Rosewood rosewood open 24/7 tips help

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MashNash

MashNash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:54 PM

Hello guys! 

So came here before for some help and worked last time so why not try again.

I'm looking for any tips and tricks people have for opening a public phase, anything would be amazing as I know people have ran phases like this in the past, and now, and any help to keep ours running for the future would be amazing.

Other tips would be how to advertise the phase in the ann chat, as much as I am sure it's a "noob" question I am rather unsure how to do so. If its as simple as posting the phase ID, or if it needs a specific code, you catch my drift.

But anyway! any tips would be amazing! 

Thank you in advance.

Zale

• Crow and JaytonWatzz like this

Characters 

Zaletheas Embershadow

Gallahan Nightwind

#2 -That-One-Guy-

-That-One-Guy-

Trash Human Being

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:01 PM

Recruit a team of highly skilled and dedicated moderators. Preferably elitist tier people. They'll kick any and all bad RPers.

• vadeous and Nortwin like this

(Hi join amberhold)

#3 The Grox Empire

The Grox Empire

Basement & Shelter Dweller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:03 PM

Prepare for being endlessly flamed on forum, raided by trollers, and being downed by rp elitist.

I'm serious.
  • Crow, Seriously Serious, Ezcu and 2 others like this

#4 mfcb95

mfcb95

Donator Extended

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:37 PM

Here are some handy steps:

1. Make the phase neutral

2. Build with human architecture

3. Lunarfall Inn (VERY CRUCIAL)

4. Give your phase a loreraping backstory

5. Gather a team of moderators that won't do shit

6. Advertise the phase claiming that exotics aren't allowed

7. Lie about step 6

8. Hit the 10+ mark

9. Masturbate to the increasing popularity

• mfcb95 and ANdreiusus like this

91a.jpg

#5 Nortwin

Nortwin

do not look at this image for more than 5 seconds (cursed)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1802 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

Here are some handy steps:

1. Make the phase neutral

2. Build with human architecture

3. Lunarfall Inn (VERY CRUCIAL)

4. Give your phase a loreraping backstory

5. Gather a team of moderators that won't do shit

6. Advertise the phase claiming that exotics aren't allowed

7. Lie about step 6

8. Hit the 10+ mark

9. Masturbate to the increasing popularity

step 2 is highly incorrect.

build with garrison human, worgen, AND pandaren architecture. bonus point if u slam some 7.0 vrykul objects in dat shiet. 

• Goudy, vadeous, Storrent and 2 others like this

8DxYnsg.png

#6 dogabeey

dogabeey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:57 PM

Well as most basic thing, you should post your phase to Phase List.

Find some friends who can do modding for you. Especially during active times you won't be able to handle it yourself at all.

Find a decent, sustaniable, and improvable phase idea and sitck with it. Regularly adversite your phase in-game, make sure you find some strict mods. There's a scale between a completely wild, zero quality control lolrp phase and completely strict, unforgiving elitist phase. Less quality control will surely attract more people, but will cause you eventually get trolled and smacked down in forums.

Research some phase building tips on forum. I can't give you any decent advice on it since It's a very detailed topic itself, bothtechincal and aesthetical. But for starters; don't rely on custom object patches so much (maybe except montytiles) and don't go overdetailing, which cause fps drops for the people in your server.

In any case, do NOT let Erp'ing (doesn't matter private or public) in your phase. Don't even imply any "weird" romance statuses between the mods or other characters. People actually hate that. A lot.

While mods do "Quality control" for you, you should keep them in check as well. Be noncontradictory. If you let people go around as strange exotic races while you claim a strict-style rp, that will surely draw reaction. Make sure each of your mods actually follows the rules you put and don't hestiate to fire them if they cause trouble with phase's reputation. Btw ban exotics while you're at it and be strict about this.

Remember while you don't need any excuse to ban people out of your phase, you have to contact these inviduals first about it and kindly ask them to fix. Don't get into any argues with them, simply state the problem and ban them if they persist. Of course, that doesn't apply to players that break rules you clearly stated in phase advertisement. Also It's very important to take action against trolls before they blend into the phase events. Nobody likes to see someone got banned middle of a IC conversation or a fight. If this happens, try to remove them ICly. Always keep in mind you're a freakin' God there.

Since your phase will be open all the time, It will be open to all kind of trolling. Make sure your phase is a retail one. Shut down all kind of commands that let trolls abuse your phase like .gps,.cast and .learn (There are subcommands for those in .phase command).

"Automatize" your phase as much as you can. You should add map tooltips, Gobject with some OOC guides about your phase, NPCs with dialog & gossip options. Let AI to do small things like selling a drink or welcoming the guests.

These are few tips I can think of. I'll let you know my phase hosting experience isn't very long and I might be wrong at many of these.

• Goudy, Crow, PewPewKapowy and 3 others like this

giphy.gif

#7 Sear

Sear

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

dogabeey did gud

also, a motivated DM team for random events goes a long way (and really incentivizes people to return regularly); dare to stray from stagnant neutral towns and push some dynamic into it

IconSmall_HighElf_Female.gif?version=3cd Taeré the Red

IconSmall_Human_Female.gif Lailah Warren

IconSmall_Human_Female.gif Professor Heather Valentine

Co-GM of <The Wayward>

#8 RoberTheForlorne

RoberTheForlorne

thiccest of roys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

Yeah. Mods are very important. Need to flush out people with troll trps, loreraping trps and other such trps. Seriously, they make the rp in the phase cringy. Sure, people like that give you the pop, but if you let them in you become the next Rhinestone, or worse, Evermore.

i am the thiccest

i a m the roy

i am the thiccest of roys.

#9 MashNash

MashNash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:18 PM

Thanks for all the advise guys. 

I was wondering if you guys could tell me how to what spells should be banned, if not all of them, And how to do this? 

As well as when it comes to posting your phase in the .ann chat as a public add, how do I do that also? 

(As its very clear to see, I am very new to all of this.)

Thank you in advance!

Characters 

Zaletheas Embershadow

Gallahan Nightwind

#10 Rec

Rec

apprehended for questionable substances

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:54 AM

ok im going to give you some actually serious advice

- just relax, dont sperg out at people if you dont like their trp

- go against the norm: in case u havent noticed, a lot of people are sick of all neutral phases built entirely with human architecture, and probably built by an elf

-like srsly pick a faction, pick a theme, location, all that jazz, do something neat. if you're an elf, make all ur shit elf themed or something yknow

- if someone breaks a rule, or isnt going with ur flow and shit, whisper them nicely, in a calm manner. those mods that act """professional""" usually just use massive passive aggressive behaviors which is what ends up getting you autists (like me) probably sperging out at you.

- if you're going to block spells, have someone there to whitelist shit on near demand, honestly it does really suck not being able to use 90% of my effects and shit cuz they're all whitelisted, if i wanted to use pure imagination without any cool stuff id do retail rp

- did i mention u should relax and be chill? a lot of people like someone that doesnt parade around like some official phase janitor.

ik people are probably thinking im some bully or something for my last thread, but honestly i want ur phase to be cool, i want cool shit.

u can do it

hey hi Korec the draenei here, providing QUALITY draenei RP for RPH

unknown.png

#11 MashNash

MashNash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 03:11 AM

Thank you very much my dude. It is really appreciated.

The current state of things is the phase is near fully contructed, I have a full team of mods around 5 with different time zones to keep the phase as monitored as possible. And as well as the mods, a sub officer team to keep a watch out for troll rp and such, all of them with ty same mindset of talking to people first, Rosewood is a neutral Phase, tho only recently opened its gates to the horde, it has a par in which he hates certain races and such. Creating rp over that matter, we want the phase to be a place where all can rp and deal with issues and problems as IC as possible, as well as having a admin team to lend a helping hand where possibles.

When it comes to spells. We are looking into what we want, what I would love is to allow a bunch of spells so people can really explore and showcase their toons, and we will aim at Rosewood to create that, the phase itself has a ton of places to rp as well as a large park. And we hope that between the npcs and the characters inside, we can create a rp hub for people, not just a inn to hang out at.

So, to bring this back, ruling will be doing fair, and in a manner that does not degrade someone. Everyone is human and as such my officer team were selected for that skill, to deal with matters calm and collectively, we really don't plan on god moving a sniper or some shit and if someone will be removed from Rosewood, it will all be done IC, we made sure to clearly state all our rules in our OOC room as we never want to have any confusion on the rules and want this best for the rp'ers of this server,

When it comes to the more. Fancy of the races, I noticed above people spot of exotics, and we are going off the ruling of. "Have a reason to be here," And we don't plan to as soon as we see a <insert fancy ass race here> and dive into their whispers like. "ummm excuse me why are you here." It will h a discussion, and repeating myself a little, we want to make peoples admin and officer experience with us only positive.

So we are hoping to do out best to host a amazing phase, and with it create a rp hub, with that we understand there will be people who want to troll, and we will deal with that issue In a civil matter, but we don't want to stop fun. As why the hell are you doing rp if not to entertain yourself and have fun.

So I hope this answers some questions if any where asked, as well as a plug for the phase, and I will be posting some images of the Phase and it's add hopefully *fingers crossed* in the next few days when the last few details are finished. Thank you a ton for your help and also reading this far.

Zale

Characters 

Zaletheas Embershadow

Gallahan Nightwind

#12 Nortwin

Nortwin

do not look at this image for more than 5 seconds (cursed)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1802 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:01 AM

Fancy of the races, I noticed above people spot of exotics, and we are going off the ruling of. "Have a reason to be here," And we don't plan to as soon as we see a <insert fancy ass race here> and dive into their whispers like. "ummm excuse me why are you here.

implying the races would be allowed inside the gates beforehand

8DxYnsg.png

#13 Ardis

Ardis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

I know a lot of people are going to make joke replies to this, but here are some of my own thoughts:

-If you're making a neutral phase, make sure the reason for the neutrality makes sense. Humans might not be trusting of the Horde, but Goblins like to keep fairly open doors to all.

-No amount of NPCs will make up for a shortage of players actually doing anything.

-If you really want to do a 24/7 hosted phase, try to recruit people from different time zones to moderate during your off hours (sleep, work, school, etc.)

-Ensure they are quality moderators before leaving them to run things on their own. Even pop into the phase on alts to see how they run it in your absence.

-Try to make a phase size fit the number of players you expect to see join. If you make a city the size of Stormwind and only ten people join, everyone will spend more time looking for each other than actually RPing. Even thirty might not be enough for that size.

-Please, for the love of all that is holy under the Light, do not make up new continents, races. And don't make it so your "kingdom" has military might that rivals the Alliance.

"Ninety percent of everything is shit." -Sturgeon's Revelation

Character list within profile.

Useful guide to understanding the various metals of Warcraft

#14 Bladefist

Bladefist

drunk priest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

I think its better to host when you have actual content to give, rather than host 24/7 a mostly devoid-of-activity town.

so i'd say don't host it all the time

|| Sir Aedan Harrowhall || Sir Lambert Stohes || Lagakh the Silent || Elric Albreht || The Butcher ||

“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Phase, phase, Rosewood, rosewood, open, 24/7, tips, help