Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (04 December 2017 - 06:19 PM)

You can now browse already made NPC Templates and use their items while making a new NPC Template!

@  dr3ad : (02 December 2017 - 06:39 PM)

New command: .phase playlist #SoundID #LengthOfASongInSeconds will let you make phase playlists e.g 10 songs that will keep playing on loop from 1-10 and repeat. Every consecutive command use the song is added to the list. Use .phase pl clear to clear the playlist

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 10:49 PM)

Server is online!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Server is restarting and will be up in a couple of minutes as soon as phase cleanup is done!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:19 PM)

Gameobject cleanup will take place soon, all accounts inactive more than 6 months will have their character's phases deleted as we're reaching 15 millions gobjects mark!

@  dr3ad : (21 November 2017 - 04:27 PM)

New command: .gob near will list Top 10 Closest gameobjects and their guids/scales

@  dr3ad : (19 November 2017 - 01:56 PM)

New command: .gob state 0 3 will activate gameobjects such as doors permanently.

@  dr3ad : (25 October 2017 - 07:31 PM)

New commands .phase history and .phase capacity have been added! Check Changelog for more info.

@  dr3ad : (06 October 2017 - 07:52 AM)

Issue with server restarter has been fixed. Server is online.

@  dr3ad : (01 September 2017 - 01:11 PM)

Xtremetop100 voting will now properly award silver coins.

@  dr3ad : (13 August 2017 - 10:26 PM)

A couple of new things were added. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (12 August 2017 - 12:26 PM)

If you had issues connecting with RPHTiny (such as CDN error) please re-download RPHTiny, all issues have been fixed!

@  dr3ad : (04 August 2017 - 12:44 AM)

Server is online! There was a minor issue with server startup that caused it to stay offline, all back on track now though!

@  dr3ad : (29 July 2017 - 05:24 PM)

Fixed despawning of gobjects happening with .gob tele command! Also Gobject List is now available in account panel where you can edit signs & other gobs.

@  dr3ad : (26 July 2017 - 11:01 PM)

New command: .char create #className => allows you to have unlimited characters on the account by bypassing client restrictions! Example usage: .char create druid

@  dr3ad : (24 July 2017 - 12:55 PM)

Fixed "Announce spam" ban bug that happened to few people, everything's good now.

@  dr3ad : (24 July 2017 - 12:01 AM)

New Starting Location Contest is up & running, read more here!

@  dr3ad : (22 July 2017 - 06:14 PM)

New command: .phase time day/night/number of hours will let you set time of the day of your phase or move the specific amount of hours forward in time!

@  dr3ad : (21 July 2017 - 08:05 PM)

.char custom is back! .gob undo now also accepts number as parameter i.e .gob undo 5 to specify amount of gameobjects to delete up to 10/100 depending on rank

@  dr3ad : (21 July 2017 - 01:43 AM)

New command: .guild rename "OldName" "NewName"

Photo

Suggestion: Free the Armor Forge!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Araxamas

Araxamas

Loremaster of Lordaeron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:51 AM

Hello Denizens of RPH!

The Armor Forge is a great tool for bringing clothing that usually only NPC's would be found wearing, and allowing players to wear them. Clothes that belong to Npcs and factions we wish to Roleplay as part of, that we can now gain access to.

But this unfortunately isn't always the case. Especially I've noticed, when it comes to the clothing worn by the Scarlet Crusade.

Why? Well, the DisplayID's used for their armors are deemed to Not Exist  by the Armor Forge. It refuses to make the items in question as a result. 

Just as an example, I would present this Scarlet Bishop NPC I created recently.  I got the uniform of the Scarlet Auger and modified it to reflect a more formal, proper Bishop like Bishop Farthing in the Cathedral of Light.

Spoiler

I used WoW Model Viewer to piece together exactly what I needed, and then using an NPC Template, made the NPC Ingame.

Spoiler

That's great. But I thought to myself. 'Why not make these items too, so there is the option to Roleplay as a Scarlet Bishop yourself?'

I already knew the outcome, but I decided to try anyway. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well I guess I tried.

My Suggestion is pretty simple. If these DisplayID's work on NPC Templates, then why are they deemed to 'Not Exist' by the Armor Forge?

I made a suggestion about this a while back but I don't think it was really heard. I'd imagine fixing this would be as simple as removing whatever check there is on the displayID's validity. Just let us enter any ID.

I understand this check is in place to maybe prevent people who have not donated, from wasting their coins on armors that will not work. But I believe it is better to remove the check, and let the player be responsible for the outcome if they enter an incorrect or invalid DisplayID.

Because most of the time it is very frustrating, and limiting on the Armor Forge to have this check in place. Armors remain locked behind a check that is not functioning properly.

So please, Lord Dread the Mighty, Free the Armor Forge!

Thanks for Reading, and I hope you have a nice day.

• guido222, Kiradore and adnamsghostshippaleale1 like this

#2 Mr. Sandman

Mr. Sandman

a hella swell fella

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:31 AM

make rph great again

qdxEy3A.png

#3 Kiradore

Kiradore

The Crestfallen

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 04:44 AM

It'd be great if this was looked into. A lot of cool WoTLK recolors of armor don't work because of this.

Vckbuyo.png

#4 Red Dorage

Red Dorage

Dorange

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:22 AM

http://kuretar-serve.../front/npc.php 
have fun

dorage.png

Spoiler

#5 Nortwin

Nortwin

sicker than your average phase builder

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1494 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:11 PM

this is not what this is about stupid romanian

i agree those dont work. but thats because of legion not rph. blizz shrinked down lots of useless and unused displayids. not much u can do about that, except find other displayids of the same model.

QX140DG.png

#6 dr3ad

dr3ad

The Mightiest of All

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6313 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:32 PM

i agree those dont work. but thats because of legion not rph. blizz shrinked down lots of useless and unused displayids. not much u can do about that, except find other displayids of the same model.

yes but if NPC templates work then it should work for Item Forge as well

Hello Denizens of RPH!

The Armor Forge is a great tool for bringing clothing that usually only NPC's would be found wearing, and allowing players to wear them. Clothes that belong to Npcs and factions we wish to Roleplay as part of, that we can now gain access to.

But this unfortunately isn't always the case. Especially I've noticed, when it comes to the clothing worn by the Scarlet Crusade.

Why? Well, the DisplayID's used for their armors are deemed to Not Exist  by the Armor Forge. It refuses to make the items in question as a result. 

Just as an example, I would present this Scarlet Bishop NPC I created recently.  I got the uniform of the Scarlet Auger and modified it to reflect a more formal, proper Bishop like Bishop Farthing in the Cathedral of Light.

Spoiler

I used WoW Model Viewer to piece together exactly what I needed, and then using an NPC Template, made the NPC Ingame.

Spoiler

That's great. But I thought to myself. 'Why not make these items too, so there is the option to Roleplay as a Scarlet Bishop yourself?'

I already knew the outcome, but I decided to try anyway. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well I guess I tried.

My Suggestion is pretty simple. If these DisplayID's work on NPC Templates, then why are they deemed to 'Not Exist' by the Armor Forge?

I made a suggestion about this a while back but I don't think it was really heard. I'd imagine fixing this would be as simple as removing whatever check there is on the displayID's validity. Just let us enter any ID.

I understand this check is in place to maybe prevent people who have not donated, from wasting their coins on armors that will not work. But I believe it is better to remove the check, and let the player be responsible for the outcome if they enter an incorrect or invalid DisplayID.

Because most of the time it is very frustrating, and limiting on the Armor Forge to have this check in place. Armors remain locked behind a check that is not functioning properly.

So please, Lord Dread the Mighty, Free the Armor Forge!

Thanks for Reading, and I hope you have a nice day.

I have removed the check for Display ID, feel free to test it out and let me know if it worked

#7 Nortwin

Nortwin

sicker than your average phase builder

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1494 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:49 PM

I have removed the check for Display ID, feel free to test it out and let me know if it worked

DisplayID 3364 used to give me the "DisplayID does not exist" error.

Now its just stuck on Loading.. DGFelx2.png

Its a weapon tho, not armor

QX140DG.png

#8 Darkshade

Darkshade

Something's missing

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

I tried a displayid that I found in the 7.1 itemdisplayinfomaterialres.db2 that returned "displayid doesn't exist" (even though according to the db2 it does), it still gives that error.

Characters:

Spoiler

#9 Araxamas

Araxamas

Loremaster of Lordaeron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:42 AM

Spoiler

Nope, but just to show you again,

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#10 Araxamas

Araxamas

Loremaster of Lordaeron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:45 AM

I think your right in the case of some Displays, I've noticed some sets like the red variant of the Dark Ranger armor do not work on Npc Templates, and I've noticed a few other cases too. But these seem only minor, and most of the time the hidden displays I find will work on Npcs, but won't be accepted by the Armor Forge.

#11 Araxamas

Araxamas

Loremaster of Lordaeron

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:36 PM

I hate to be annoying and necro this topic but the check is still in place, Please o mighty @dr3ad free the armor forge!

May we wear our scarlet booties with pride and unhindered

• guido222 likes this

#12 guido222

guido222

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:11 PM

I hate to be annoying and necro this topic but the check is still in place, Please o mighty @dr3ad free the armor forge!

May we wear our scarlet booties with pride and unhindered

+1

PS: RISE! RISE FROM THE GRAVE!