Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

@  dr3ad : (18 June 2018 - 03:21 PM)

Donator Extended rank has been changed a bit. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (07 June 2018 - 10:24 PM)

RPHLite AddOn is now available for download, it's a must have addon and will ship with RPHTiny client by default from now on. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (31 May 2018 - 02:35 PM)

New reward Book Forge has been added! Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can get notified when player joins the phase if you're phase owner or have a rank. While having permission you can toggle messages with .toggleph

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can now auto promote players that join the phase with .ph auto #RankID command

@  dr3ad : (16 May 2018 - 11:52 PM)

.phase inplace command has been added that skips phase starting location (leaves you in place), however requires phase rank to use

@  dr3ad : (07 May 2018 - 09:53 AM)

Starting Area Contest has started and will last until 17th of May! View topic here.

@  dr3ad : (28 March 2018 - 08:57 AM)

Getting coins voting at XtremeTop100 fixed. Many additions to NPC Scripting. Check changelog.

@  dr3ad : (18 February 2018 - 06:31 PM)

Some NPC Script updates. Addition of Target Type "NPC with specific GUID" and Action "Pause Waypoint Movement", so now the scripts can finally target specific npc based on guid

@  dr3ad : (06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM)

Reminder that you can now chose in Rank Manager whether player can only manipulate (e.g delete) his own gobs/npcs. Phase owner can now also change color of specific phase ranks a.k.a name color in .ph ann

@  dr3ad : (25 December 2017 - 10:52 PM)

NPC scripts now work in all phases that you own, additionally phase ranks now contain "Can Use NPC Scripting" option, so everyone who has Scripting perk can now promote people and let them help with scripting the phase

@  dr3ad : (04 December 2017 - 06:19 PM)

You can now browse already made NPC Templates and use their items while making a new NPC Template!

@  dr3ad : (02 December 2017 - 06:39 PM)

New command: .phase playlist #SoundID #LengthOfASongInSeconds will let you make phase playlists e.g 10 songs that will keep playing on loop from 1-10 and repeat. Every consecutive command use the song is added to the list. Use .phase pl clear to clear the playlist

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 10:49 PM)

Server is online!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Server is restarting and will be up in a couple of minutes as soon as phase cleanup is done!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:19 PM)

Gameobject cleanup will take place soon, all accounts inactive more than 6 months will have their character's phases deleted as we're reaching 15 millions gobjects mark!

Photo

Sayaads and You.

please demons guide kind of? stop help me why am i making this

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Kenyon

Kenyon

Space Jew

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

Q: "can you not?"

A: "no"

Q: "is this a shitpost?"

A: "kind of but its also legit"

RetributionOfTheLightTCG.jpg

[Displayed: Sayaad mid-interrogation with victim]

Sayaads and You

so this post is a thing because there's a shocking number of roleplayers out there who have this mindset that succubi are these friendly more "human" demons who can be good people and just want to live normal lives and escape the mean legion and be friendly!!! It's gotten to the point where I've literally once had someone who was new to the server whispering me telling me that their friend told them that Sayaad were such a way and they were just confused in playing the role. I've as well seen warlocks protect their sayaad minions as if they were truly good friends, which, is extremely detestable given how insanely messed up Sayaads are in the lore. While I'm aware a majority of these characters are ERP bait and don't really care about lore or playing properly, I thought this would be a good thing to make and refer to. I don't play one, despite the fact that they're pretty nifty in terms of demons, beyond dming one for my warlock char, but I still felt it would be a good idea to RAISE AWARENESS with this post. If I mention something inaccurately, or there's something you feel should be added, just let me know honestly.

I'm gonna start this off with a quote from the Hologram Emitters located in the Exodar that give information on various demons. This is how they describe Sayaads: 

"The cruel sayaadi temptresses exemplify the subtler side of the Legion's nihilistic crusade.

They revel in causing anguish and pain - and their murderous interrogations are the stuff of nightmares." [1]

I'm going to as well add to this a quote from the Timewalkers, featured in their daily quest that asks players to answer lore-based questions:

"Succubus demons revel in causing anguish, and they serve the Legion by conducting nightmarish interrogations. What species is the succubus?" [2]

Sayaad are not friendly, mortal-like, sexual "human" demons by any league, and their purpose is not merely to be footsoldiers or random members of the legion, it's more specific than that. From the quote, two things are almost immediately evident:

1) Sayaad are extremely fucked in the head and by no means "human-like" in the sense that they derive enjoyment and ecstasy from the suffering of others, usually inflicted by themselves. 

2) Sayaad serve a specific role in the legion as interrogators. This shows inherently that they're pretty important in the grand scheme of things, and are generally some of the more loyal demons if they're going to be torturing others for information that would benefit the legion. They've seen the worst of what the legion does, and given point 1 above, they enjoy it and are mostly the cause of it. 

The notion that sayaad are nice people should be out of your head from that alone.

Moving ahead I'm going to talk about a quest that stood out to me in the recent expansion Warlords of Draenor [3]:

In the quest, you seek out a Sayaad hidden in a cave, and defeat them, however, the notable thing about this quest is that you find a book the sayaad was working on, which was in part a journal and in part a tome of curse spells and spells of demonic empowerment designed particularly towards the aim of empowering and imbuing weapons with fel magic to trap souls. So that's fine, the thing that stood out though, was that the book was made of sewn together skin and flesh from victims, something that could be assumed as common and enjoyable among the demons. Given the nature of their "nightmarish interrogations" as described above, it's likely that the book was made during one of such things, perhaps as a form of pain-inducing torture. However, it's important to note that this craft of making things out of the flesh of victims isn't limited to books. They even make whips out of flesh, and no doubt other things as well [4]. It seems to be a common trend.

Next will be to mention the warlock quests from vanilla that detail the binding rituals for a Sayaad, and in a way, describe their fantasy:

"You will learn to summon a succubus, a creature of incredible mental powers. It can lull those of weak minds into its servitude" [5]

"A succubus is a devourer of souls, destroyer of hearts, and dominator of minds. It knows nothing but evil." [6]

These quests display two things of import about Sayaad:

1) They have abilities over the minds of others, and are able to bend wills to their own. We can see from the style of how the game mechanics works this is likely done with entrancing a foe into a pure mindless lust that cripples them into being useless to the Sayaad. This is likely used in interrogations for getting the information they want. There is no source that points to this ability being ever used to actually engage in sexual activity, and it is only referenced when speaking about their dark abilities to twist minds. 

2) Succubi are 'devourers of souls', and 'know nothing but evil'. These two facts speak largely to the general personality archetype a Sayaad should try to stay within. They're demons, and are prone to destroy a person in body and mind, and well, as the title would suggest, devour their soul after the fact for their own power. They are not simple sex-dolls.

On the topic of loyalty:

We've been shown that some sayaads are actually ascended from mortals with a desire to serve the burning legion as a gift [7] rather than being natural born, showing just how fierce the loyalty of these demons truly is.

When a demon is binded, it does not cease to become evil. We see, not with Sayaads specifically, but even with a more powerful set of demons, the Eredar Twins, in the warlock storyline in Legion, that when a demon is binded they retain their evil and suffering-inducing tendencies but merely serve their master completely in doing them. It is not a struggle of wills, but instead a total dominion of "I serve [master], and will do what they say" and truly meaning it. The Eredar twins, even in being binded are no less sadistic in nature or quotes [8].

This all in all means, that even if your demon is bound to a warlock, they do not suddenly lose all traits of being a demon. They do not become a nice person. They do not become more mortal. They simply change which side they perform their evil tendencies for.

A bound Sayaad actually is shown on the broken shore as Tehd Shoemaker's minion. Some of her quotes are interesting. As a bound demon she displays hatred for the legion but a continued will to inflict suffering on others. [9]

• "It is as if these demons can't handle a bit of whip..."
  • "Tehd promised we could burn this place to ash."
  • "My "master" ordered me to help you, so try not to die."

and finally some fun trivia, sayaad wear skimpy close-fitting clothes because they're trying to beat the heat on pretty intense hellish legion worlds that are mostly fire [9], not because they're trying to get banged.

FAQ:

Q: "should i defend a sayaad if they get attacked, since they're pretty much just people"

Q: "what if they're bound to a warlock"

A: "still no"

Q: "can i erp with my sayaad"

A: "please dont"

Q: "sayaads exist for only erp right"

Q: "sorry im not really sure what this is"

A: "me either"

Q: "should i be close friends with my sayaad"

Q: "if a demon hunter kills a sayaad i should kill them for murdering an innocent right"

Q: "sayaad have a full range of emotions and are friendly to people right"

Q: "did something happen to you in public rp to make you post this"

A: "moreso a lot of things over the span of a long time that never seemed to get better"

SOURCES:

[1] https://wow.gamepedi...graphic_Emitter

[2] https://wow.gamepedi...meless_Question

[3] https://wow.gamepedi...st:Trust_No_One

[4] https://wow.gamepedi...m/Fiendish_Whip

[5] https://wow.gamepedi...uls_(Orgrimmar)

[6] https://wow.gamepedi...uls_(Stormwind)

[7] https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sensiria

[8] https://wow.gamepedi...n:_Eredar_Twins

[9] https://wow.gamepedia.com/Syaith

bottomtext.

• Toguthos, just 'Neth', mfcb95 and 15 others like this

#2 Caterpixie

Caterpixie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:53 PM

A good way to use a Sayaad? As an assassin, an interrogator, and to get into places you normally shouldn't (ie, a keep through their mind manipulation abilities, not into someone's pants).

Characters:

Ambrul Sunchaser

Aeleiah Sunchaser

Caemaera Redshard

#3 Erkorr

Erkorr

punished forum alt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:55 PM

this entire thread has no purpose

• Waroth and Mercer like this

#4 Gavinlad

Gavinlad

mm2build

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1141 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

YOU STOLE MY FREAMKING JOKE

• Kenyon, Erkorr, Doshables and 1 other like this

W7yTvF8.png

#5 Kenyon

Kenyon

Space Jew

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

haha more like "gottem"lad

get pwned noob haha. 

@Gavinlad

#6 Gavinlad

Gavinlad

mm2build

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1141 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:59 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

W7yTvF8.png

#7 Red Dorage

Red Dorage

Dorange

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1056 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:09 PM

how about sayaads and not me

keep that demon shit away

• BallsMalloney likes this

dorage.png

Spoiler

#8 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

Navy Enemy #1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:50 PM

what manner o devilry be this matey

• ANdreiusus likes this

Check out The Golden Age, a pirate roleplay guild:
http://rpheaven.org/...ge/#entry134962

Here's a combat system I've made, called Realistic Combat System:
http://rpheaven.org/...-combat-system/

Character biographies:

Spoiler

Spoiler

You can usually find me online on the characters Freebooter, The Ugly, Saint-Eyes and DJ Pirate

#9 SalineSeas

SalineSeas

unfunny autist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

i agree with OP

bring back real demons

not this 'owo erp' or 'grr me big' bullshit every angsty teen or greasy manchild attempts

• Kenyon likes this

i'm in your area

#10 Kenyon

Kenyon

Space Jew

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:23 PM

tl;dr

demons aren't people

• Waroth likes this

#11 shestoper

shestoper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:23 PM

i agree with OP

bring back real demons

not this 'owo erp' or 'grr me big' bullshit every angsty teen or greasy manchild attempts

feat_demons.jpg

BURNING LEGION FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Esadan likes this

:tanke:

#12 Jacklyn

Jacklyn

the real hamburglar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:34 PM

Unfortunately some are past redemption
  • Ghor likes this

yeah so all memey images i put as my signature dont work after 2 weeks so uh yea take tihs big fat L

#13 Storrent

Storrent

no pfp no opinion

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:38 AM

shivarra guide:

sayaad but with ARMS

e73Tslt.png

NuVumIx.png

hmm

#14 Kenyon

Kenyon

Space Jew

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 01:39 AM

shivarra guide:

sayaad but with ARMS

shivara can corrupt titans bro i dont mess with them ill get SHOT bro you feel me?

• Storrent likes this

#15 Riolidan

Riolidan

Fart Gobbler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:09 AM

Man I bet it smells gamy af in that room with her in that pose

jd2HVd.gif

95b4a49aa3.jpg

#16 Nortwin

Nortwin

self-proclaimed forum moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1942 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:14 AM

whats this refugee sayaad thing
give me a reason not to blow ur damn head off stupid islamic!!!!

8DxYnsg.png

#17 Jacklyn

Jacklyn

the real hamburglar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 04:27 AM

whats this refugee sayaad thing
give me a reason not to blow ur damn head off stupid islamic!!!!

erp

yeah so all memey images i put as my signature dont work after 2 weeks so uh yea take tihs big fat L

#18 Icetorn

Icetorn

umm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:56 AM

*thank you meme*

• Kenyon likes this

podlau98f16.png

aludop9c81d.png

poudala2b80.png

#19 Kenyon

Kenyon

Space Jew

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:02 AM

*thank you meme*

*no problem meme*

#20 TheKaldorei1

TheKaldorei1

Fuck My Ass

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:03 AM

omg stop telling me how to rp my erp hcrchwr???

rtriggur!?!??!?d//!!!

LMqo1u7.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: please, demons, guide kind of?, stop, help me, why am i making this