Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can get notified when player joins the phase if you're phase owner or have a rank. While having permission you can toggle messages with .toggleph

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can now auto promote players that join the phase with .ph auto #RankID command

@  dr3ad : (16 May 2018 - 11:52 PM)

.phase inplace command has been added that skips phase starting location (leaves you in place), however requires phase rank to use

@  dr3ad : (07 May 2018 - 09:53 AM)

Starting Area Contest has started and will last until 17th of May! View topic here.

@  dr3ad : (28 March 2018 - 08:57 AM)

Getting coins voting at XtremeTop100 fixed. Many additions to NPC Scripting. Check changelog.

@  dr3ad : (18 February 2018 - 06:31 PM)

Some NPC Script updates. Addition of Target Type "NPC with specific GUID" and Action "Pause Waypoint Movement", so now the scripts can finally target specific npc based on guid

@  dr3ad : (06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM)

Reminder that you can now chose in Rank Manager whether player can only manipulate (e.g delete) his own gobs/npcs. Phase owner can now also change color of specific phase ranks a.k.a name color in .ph ann

@  dr3ad : (25 December 2017 - 10:52 PM)

NPC scripts now work in all phases that you own, additionally phase ranks now contain "Can Use NPC Scripting" option, so everyone who has Scripting perk can now promote people and let them help with scripting the phase

@  dr3ad : (04 December 2017 - 06:19 PM)

You can now browse already made NPC Templates and use their items while making a new NPC Template!

@  dr3ad : (02 December 2017 - 06:39 PM)

New command: .phase playlist #SoundID #LengthOfASongInSeconds will let you make phase playlists e.g 10 songs that will keep playing on loop from 1-10 and repeat. Every consecutive command use the song is added to the list. Use .phase pl clear to clear the playlist

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 10:49 PM)

Server is online!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Server is restarting and will be up in a couple of minutes as soon as phase cleanup is done!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:19 PM)

Gameobject cleanup will take place soon, all accounts inactive more than 6 months will have their character's phases deleted as we're reaching 15 millions gobjects mark!

@  dr3ad : (21 November 2017 - 04:27 PM)

New command: .gob near will list Top 10 Closest gameobjects and their guids/scales

@  dr3ad : (19 November 2017 - 01:56 PM)

New command: .gob state 0 3 will activate gameobjects such as doors permanently.

@  dr3ad : (25 October 2017 - 07:31 PM)

New commands .phase history and .phase capacity have been added! Check Changelog for more info.

@  dr3ad : (06 October 2017 - 07:52 AM)

Issue with server restarter has been fixed. Server is online.

@  dr3ad : (01 September 2017 - 01:11 PM)

Xtremetop100 voting will now properly award silver coins.

@  dr3ad : (13 August 2017 - 10:26 PM)

A couple of new things were added. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (12 August 2017 - 12:26 PM)

If you had issues connecting with RPHTiny (such as CDN error) please re-download RPHTiny, all issues have been fixed!

Photo
- - - - -

Aurolyn the Half-Undead, right all along? (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Riolidan

Riolidan

Fart Gobbler

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:08 PM

I was looking up the recent Before the Storm bit that Amazon releases and it appears that Calia Menethil kicks the bucket. But with Alonsus Faol and Anduin she's ressurected as... Part Forsaken, part Human. I'll post the direct bit below, but it seems Aurolyn was right all along...

The TLDR of the available story pages is that Anduin tries to look for peace with the looming threat of Azerite as a volatile substance. He tries to work with the Forsaken, and so Sylvanas and Anduin set up a meeting between the human and Forsaken relatives, which is going pretty well after initial trepidation. However Calia Menethil, attending without Anduin's knowledge, throws off her disguise and attracts the wrath of Sylvanas. The meeting then turns into a slaughter, where Sylvanas believes a betrayal is occurring, Calia tries to rally the Forsaken to the Alliance, and Sylvanas then slaughters many Forsaken in addition to Calia. However, Anduin with the help of Alonsius Faol is able to resurrect Calia, but she's a mix of human and Forsaken as a result.

• Bruce likes this

jd2HVd.gif

95b4a49aa3.jpg

#2 Riolidan

Riolidan

Fart Gobbler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:10 PM

Idk why this double posted.

jd2HVd.gif

95b4a49aa3.jpg

#3 Slashannemoo

Slashannemoo

Best Girl

• PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:13 PM

Christie Golden's works are not canon.
I thought we agreed on that.
  • Nortwin, Sashka5337 and Collector like this

#4 Riolidan

Riolidan

Fart Gobbler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:30 PM

Christie Golden's works are not canon.
I thought we agreed on that.

You say that until we get Lightforged Forsaken for an Alliance Allied race in bfa

jd2HVd.gif

95b4a49aa3.jpg

#5 mfcb95

mfcb95

Donator Extended

• PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:33 PM

Pfff, can we just give this the Me'dan treatment?
  • mfcb95 and Sashka5337 like this

91a.jpg

#6 Collector

Collector

Your Friendly Lord of Change

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:40 PM

Christie Golden is such a terrible author, I do not know why people defend her, her writing is utter shit.

Fuck you blizzard and the warcraft novels for destroying the lore and making it a shambling abomination of it's former self.

• Enlightened Student and Ghor like this

oh yes

sweeet pizza

I can almost taste it!

#7 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:55 PM

This is why we should’ve kept the RPG. WoW is supposed to be an mmoRPG, not an mmoFanfictiongame.

That aside, it would make no sense for her to be half Forsaken, half human, because the Forsaken are a faction of undead, and humans are a race. You can be an Undead Human, in which case you’re not really half anything, you’re just undead. She’d technically be seen as just human, as long as this whole ordeal was kept quiet, unless somehow, in some way, she rapidly decayed while being raised, and/or the Holy Light for whatever Light-Forsaken reason (no pun intended) decayed her body. Either way, those options look like braindead fanfiction writing.

On the other hand, what could be done, is that Calia gets full-on resurrected by Anduin and Alonsus, two of the most powerful Holy users on Azeroth at the moment, and is still Human in essence, however, the “Forsaken” part would be that she merely refuses to see the Lordaeronian people as a lost cause, and chooses to affiliate herself with the Forsaken, just not with Sylvanas. Maybe a few of the Forsaken choose to follow her, due to wanting their old lives back in some way, and loyalty. In this case, either Christie Golden performed a play on words, and is really quite clever, or you may have misunderstood/misworded something.

Unfortunately, the latter option seems less likely than the former, knowing Blizzard and their recent trend of turning things onto their asses.

Edit: I want to add on that keeping Calia’s undeath as a secret could even be a useful narrative point, allowing Sylvanas to potentially blackmail Calia into servitude, though this is unlikely due to how nonsensical it would be to resurrect Calia with Sylvanas still there. At the same time, Calia keeping her undeath in the shroud of secrecy could also promote character development, due to the struggle of trying to make sure word doesn’t get out. As long as Blizzard were to make nods towards it now and again, I think it could work as a narrative.

Perhaps near the end of such a story arc, Calia could reveal herself as Undead, rallying the Forsaken under a new leader (which seems highly likely due to Sylvanas being Garrosh 2.0), and it would also make some of the other races scratch their heads as they consider that perhaps the Forsaken have the potential, even still, for redemption. Another possible consequence of Calia taking control of the Forsaken, could be that the Alliance would be motivated to put more effort into trying to research how to undo Undeath, in order to bring the large Undead Human population back to life.
  • Illarian, Riolidan and Collector like this
Deus Vult

#8 Brotherman Billbong

Brotherman Billbong

female dogs and garden tools

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1394 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:57 PM

Laugh all you want, but Gauldoth the Half-Dead was the coolest character in Heroes 4!

rock it video game players

#9 Riolidan

Riolidan

Fart Gobbler

• PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:57 PM

This is why we should’ve kept the RPG. WoW is supposed to be an mmoRPG, not an mmoFanfictiongame.

That aside, it would make no sense for her to be half Forsaken, half human, because the Forsaken are a faction of undead, and humans are a race. You can be an Undead Human, in which case you’re not really half anything, you’re just undead. She’d technically be seen as just human, as long as this whole ordeal was kept quiet, unless somehow, in some way, she rapidly decayed while being raised, and/or the Holy Light for whatever Light-Forsaken reason (no pun intended) decayed her body. Either way, those options look like braindead fanfiction writing.

On the other hand, what could be done, is that Calia gets full-on resurrected by Anduin and Alonsus, two of the most powerful Holy users on Azeroth at the moment, and is still Human in essence, however, the “Forsaken” part would be that she merely refuses to see the Lordaeronian people as a lost cause, and chooses to affiliate herself with the Forsaken, just not with Sylvanas. Maybe a few of the Forsaken choose to follow her, due to wanting their old lives back in some way, and loyalty. In this case, either Christie Golden performed a play on words, and is really quite clever, or you may have misunderstood/misworded something.

Unfortunately, the latter option seems less likely than the former, knowing Blizzard and their recent trend of turning things onto their asses.

Could be, also the TL;DR is not written by me. It's written by WoWhead staff.

• Sashka5337 likes this

jd2HVd.gif

95b4a49aa3.jpg

#10 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:07 AM

Could be, also the TL;DR is not written by me. It's written by WoWhead staff.

Ah, that clears up a few things, not to say the WoWhead staff is unreliable, but perhaps purposely misleading.
Deus Vult

#11 Collector

Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:08 AM

While I do not agree we should have kept the RPG, I do agree that the lore shouldn't be treated like utter crap like it is here, being undead is a state, it is not a race, so by logic of lore you should not be able to be half of it, otherwise this new development makes no sense whatsoever, I cannot tell if this or the burning legion transcending all realities is worse.

On a side note though the RPG did have some nice concepts such as the tothrezim, who were the legion's treasurers/bankers and it's other race of builders and engineers alongside the mo'arg.

Sadly though, unless blizzard fires christie golden, alex astirabi and other writers like them, I do not see the warcraft lore improving anytime soon.

• Sashka5337 likes this

oh yes

sweeet pizza

I can almost taste it!

#12 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:11 AM

While I do not agree we should have kept the RPG, I do agree that the lore shouldn't be treated like utter crap like it is here, being undead is a state, it is not a race, so by logic of lore you shouldn't be able to be half of it, otherwise this new development makes no sense whatsoever, I cannot tell if this or the burning legion transcending all realities is worse.

On a side note though the RPG did have some nice concepts such as the tothrezim, who were the legion's treasurers/bankers and it's other race of builders and engineers alongside the mo'arg.

Sadly though, unless blizzard fires christie golden, alex astirabi and other writers like them, I do not see the warcraft lore improving anytime soon.

The Tothrazim were a good concept in my opinion, but I personally liked the shortstories that gave more life into the World (of Warcraft), and made it seem like there was more to everything than met the eye.
Deus Vult

#13 cruise3174

cruise3174

• PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:11 AM

They ran out of ideas years ago. They go to RP private servers and look for the most talked people, situations, and phases. So please, talk more shit about Tess and Myrthagas, I cannot wait for it to become canon.

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda (Star Wars: Episode V)

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. -Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars: Episode 3)

#14 Antonius Augury

Antonius Augury

Magic Extraordinaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:40 AM

except aurolyn believed that you could be born half-undead if a paladin and a death knight had sex, so was she really right? or is she actually just secretly Christie Golden?

also, this is a tl;dr written by some random schmuck on the internet, for all we know, this could've been interpreted wildly incorrectly

p.s. the RPG is based on the premise that the roleplay involved surrounds a mechanic/system and is involved in a competitive game, it's absolutely horrible for RP and pure story-telling based devices beyond inspiration, because everything is so wildly imbalanced

TUov15t.png?1

Aliases

Dungeon Master - OOC Event Hoster

Draeir Dawnspear - High Elven Spearman

Salimus - Necromantic Apothecary

Spright Gearwobble - Battle-mage

#15 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:52 AM

except aurolyn believed that you could be born half-undead if a paladin and a death knight had sex, so was she really right? or is she actually just secretly Christie Golden?

also, this is a tl;dr written by some random schmuck on the internet, for all we know, this could've been interpreted wildly incorrectly

p.s. the RPG is based on the premise that the roleplay involved surrounds a mechanic/system and is involved in a competitive game, it's absolutely horrible for RP and pure story-telling based devices beyond inspiration, because everything is so wildly imbalanced

Isn’t it better to leave everything imbalanced and left to chance, and in the unknown (which would promote RP involving actual storywriting) than to define everything and then repeatedly break those definitions for no reason, thus mucking up plot elements and making any character that does something unique look like a gary/mary sue? Am I missing something here?
Deus Vult

#16 Talanor

Talanor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:04 AM

Hi,

Let's just forget Christie Golden altogether.

• Sashka5337, Collector, ShaOfPride and 1 other like this

#17 Collector

Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:07 AM

Hi,

Let's just forget Christie Golden altogether.

I wish I could man, I wish I could.

oh yes

sweeet pizza

I can almost taste it!

#18 Antonius Augury

Antonius Augury

Magic Extraordinaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1193 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:12 AM

Isn’t it better to leave everything imbalanced and left to chance, and in the unknown (which would promote RP involving actual storywriting) than to define everything and then repeatedly break those definitions for no reason, thus mucking up plot elements and making any character that does something unique look like a gary/mary sue? Am I missing something here?

how does an imbalanced story based purely on chance in a peer-to-peer interactive environment promote 'actual storywriting'? you can get the exact same thing by going to this website. the RPG already defines everything, the difference is that you can't break those definitions, because it's a game with boundaries. the RPG also cares less about plot elements and a coherently, structured story, than it does about the game mechanics itself. the only time you get a character doing 'something unique look like a gary/mary sue' is when you try to take baseless, mechanic-inspired filler roles from the RPG and then insert them into a completely out of context scenario where nobody is playing by the same rules and everyone has their own personal objectives in their own personal story in their own personal game.

do you see what i'm getting at? the RPG is not good for RP on RPH. if you want RPG roleplay, get a tabletop set, and get a group of friends, and go wild. but it doesn't work on RPH in practice.

• Tevildo likes this

TUov15t.png?1

Aliases

Dungeon Master - OOC Event Hoster

Draeir Dawnspear - High Elven Spearman

Salimus - Necromantic Apothecary

Spright Gearwobble - Battle-mage

#19 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:52 AM

how does an imbalanced story based purely on chance in a peer-to-peer interactive environment promote 'actual storywriting'? you can get the exact same thing by going to this website. the RPG already defines everything, the difference is that you can't break those definitions, because it's a game with boundaries. the RPG also cares less about plot elements and a coherently, structured story, than it does about the game mechanics itself. the only time you get a character doing 'something unique look like a gary/mary sue' is when you try to take baseless, mechanic-inspired filler roles from the RPG and then insert them into a completely out of context scenario where nobody is playing by the same rules and everyone has their own personal objectives in their own personal story in their own personal game.

do you see what i'm getting at? the RPG is not good for RP on RPH. if you want RPG roleplay, get a tabletop set, and get a group of friends, and go wild. but it doesn't work on RPH in practice.

I was under the impression that the RPG did not define everything, and if it had, then it had done so poorly, leading to interpretation, and thus improved improvisation on the part of the person (or people) guiding the roleplay (or DM, if you prefer), eventually leading into a single narrative. Thus, an imbalanced story based purely on chance promotes actual storywriting in that you never know what you’re gonna get, but as long as things follow simple guidelines, and make narrative sense, can come out to an epic adventure. That is the appeal of RPG, after all. You could go to a plot-generator website, sure, if you’re incapable of setting up a start and a finish to a story, and then writing the rest in as you go along (which, I guess, not everyone can do).

As for your statement, that the RPG cares less for plot elements and a coherent, structured story, than it does for mechanics, I’m guessing you never read any of the RPG shortstories, which helped establish certain potential plot points, a few of which are being used to this day (such as Galen being the rat who murdered his father). https://wow.gamepedi...Galen_Trollbane

https://wow.gamepedi...m/Short_stories

Also, no. The only time you get a gary/mary sue character, is when you take someone and make them perform an act that steps outside of the acceptable guidelines of a story, such as when Jimmy dies but gets raised into Undeath and suddenly has both the powers he had in life, as well as in death, while at the same time playing a key part in the story, which granted, can happen in the RPG, but not always intentionally. In a more directed story, which isn’t RPG, this is easily avoidable, and thus, always clearly intentional, which makes it all the more worse, and is usually done without character development of any sort.

https://en.m.wikiped...g/wiki/Mary_Sue

But nice attempt to jab at me because I use “Templar” as my main’s class, which I’ve already mentioned, is not based off of the RPG variation.

Another example of a Mary Sue can be found in the new Starwars films, where Rey, one of the main protagonists, discovers the force and practically masters it after, if I remember correctly, five days. Add onto this her sudden mastery of combat with a lightsaber, and her mastery of technology, and you have yourself a Mary Sue. Why? Because she is stepping outside the acceptable guidelines of a story by being introduced to more than one concept, and mastering all of them almost immediately afterwards, while being central to the plot of these stories. I’m not talking about being good or great, I mean mastery. There is no character development.

As such, being a Gary/Mary Sue has nothing to do with taking a concept foreign to a certain story, and introducing it where everyone else has individuality. It has everything to do with character development, which always comes from RPG (unless you’re flat-off rolling to see who will start out as God-King, but again, there are guidelines to prevent this).

I hope you understand what I’m getting at here, even if you disagree with it. Sorry ‘bout the essay, and I hope that even if you disagree with me on every last point, that we can at least agree to disagree and leave it at that. I can see where you’re going with the idea that the RPG is not good on RPH, but I think that depends on the person. RPG doesn’t have to be pen-and-paper as far as I know.
  • Gens likes this
Deus Vult

#20 Redemption

Redemption

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:40 AM

The way I take what happened to Calia is that she's undead. She is risen from death via the Light, but it had a very "unique" reaction to her. Be it because it was Anduin + Faol, or something else. She's not Forsaken, but she is still very much not alive in the typical sense. Perhaps. To note, her resurrection was done in the Netherlight Temple under supervision of a Naaru. Funky shit could have happened.

We can't really say without more context or a little more into the whole reprecussions of what has happened to Calia.