Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

@  dr3ad : (18 June 2018 - 03:21 PM)

Donator Extended rank has been changed a bit. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (07 June 2018 - 10:24 PM)

RPHLite AddOn is now available for download, it's a must have addon and will ship with RPHTiny client by default from now on. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (31 May 2018 - 02:35 PM)

New reward Book Forge has been added! Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can get notified when player joins the phase if you're phase owner or have a rank. While having permission you can toggle messages with .toggleph

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can now auto promote players that join the phase with .ph auto #RankID command

@  dr3ad : (16 May 2018 - 11:52 PM)

.phase inplace command has been added that skips phase starting location (leaves you in place), however requires phase rank to use

@  dr3ad : (07 May 2018 - 09:53 AM)

Starting Area Contest has started and will last until 17th of May! View topic here.

@  dr3ad : (28 March 2018 - 08:57 AM)

Getting coins voting at XtremeTop100 fixed. Many additions to NPC Scripting. Check changelog.

@  dr3ad : (18 February 2018 - 06:31 PM)

Some NPC Script updates. Addition of Target Type "NPC with specific GUID" and Action "Pause Waypoint Movement", so now the scripts can finally target specific npc based on guid

@  dr3ad : (06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM)

Reminder that you can now chose in Rank Manager whether player can only manipulate (e.g delete) his own gobs/npcs. Phase owner can now also change color of specific phase ranks a.k.a name color in .ph ann

@  dr3ad : (25 December 2017 - 10:52 PM)

NPC scripts now work in all phases that you own, additionally phase ranks now contain "Can Use NPC Scripting" option, so everyone who has Scripting perk can now promote people and let them help with scripting the phase

@  dr3ad : (04 December 2017 - 06:19 PM)

You can now browse already made NPC Templates and use their items while making a new NPC Template!

@  dr3ad : (02 December 2017 - 06:39 PM)

New command: .phase playlist #SoundID #LengthOfASongInSeconds will let you make phase playlists e.g 10 songs that will keep playing on loop from 1-10 and repeat. Every consecutive command use the song is added to the list. Use .phase pl clear to clear the playlist

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 10:49 PM)

Server is online!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Server is restarting and will be up in a couple of minutes as soon as phase cleanup is done!

Photo
- - - - -

Poll: Which Writer at Blizzard Entertainment is worse

Fun Poll Community Discussion Democracy

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Blizzard Writer for Warcraft has been the worst. (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Away! Which Writer was the worst?

1. Christie Golden (26 votes [32.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.50%

2. Richard A. Knaak (12 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

3. Chris Metzen (14 votes [17.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

4. Aaron Rosenberg (4 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

5. Dan Jolley (4 votes [5.00%] - View)

6. Troy Lewter (4 votes [5.00%] - View)

7. Walter Simonson (6 votes [7.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

8. Jeff Grubb (4 votes [5.00%] - View)

9. William King (6 votes [7.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Icetorn

Icetorn

umm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:55 AM

That's like, a small portion of the overall Warcraft universe he, and others, created. Even if you account parts of the cataclysm xpac, its still a small portion. Like what? I'm not expecting everything to be a flawless and perfect thing, that's stupid. That's just being over-critical. Also, Thrall became bad in Cataclysm. Before? Dude was ok. Just because there was some questionable things in Cata and you were part of the group that just nitpicked on Cata lore choices, it doesn't mean that Metzen's work on its entirety is bad. Because Metzen IS, in fact, quite decent. Like, this type of debates all, ultimately, fall in "We agree to disagree" type of thing. As it is overall dominated by each one's opinion. Like yeah, elements can be overall considered a bad implementation. But an overall work or an overall thing is up to opinion and personal interpretation. Which means that debating off of it goes nowhere. Some people are just chill, little critically inclined and others jump on everything with a very critical and sometimes over-critical mindset.

You realize that I can pop wowpedia open and poke this full of holes right? I won't tho. I just hope you realize that I can. 

Instead I'm going to argue something else because everyone is free to hate and love whomsoever they want because taste is a matter of personal taste, unlike the phenomena of the collective thinking (ultimately. Don't judge me.).

It takes passion to conceive a great story. It is not even related to creativity or any types of skill, or even imagination. If you think about a dude that you like, for whatever reason, be it because he's righteous, powerful or even if he is like Deadpool or some Marvel/DC CLone (God forbid), then you can liberally steal from that character to build a copy of him in your head. And if you really like him you've the primordial, proto world of a special novel like headspace that you've created for yourself. 

Now.. WRITING all of that shit down is an entirely different thing. 

"Deadpool got out of the cave and did shit" vs "Count Doge Mcmeem emerged from the twilight of the grotto and began to wearily make his way towards Washington in pursuit of his prize - The Golden Stick of Obama " 

(Dont judge me, Doge was a thing last time I opened the meme site. )

I guess that I could have said "Imagination is easy, writing is hard" buuut.... I'd much rather just rant about things on the forums. 

Peace! 

Edit: Also Christie Golden pretty bad am I rite? Ey? Eeey? :) 

• Collector and Sepetias like this

podlau98f16.png

aludop9c81d.png

poudala2b80.png

#22 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:34 AM

Changed my vote to include Knaak, Metzen, and Simonson, in addition to Christie Golden.
Deus Vult

#23 Ghunny Boi

Ghunny Boi

mid mental breakdown

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

whichever writer made sylvanas warchief

oSxRTkb.gif

#24 Erkorr

Erkorr

punished forum alt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:17 AM

i thought about this but i think you cant really blame christie golden for the calia thing

imagine this: do you really think blizzard lets a contracted writer make up lore on the spot? especially when it comes to something as impactful as calia being undead? i doubt it

i'm definitely sure blizzard gave christie a story outline and told her to write a novel, and one of the points was that calia would die and be resurrected as a holy undead in some way, shape or form with the characters present

• Destruin, Kendall, Antonius Augury and 1 other like this

#25 Gens

Gens

smh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:43 AM

really happy to see christie golden at the #1 spot

#26 Josh00

Josh00

draenei destroyer

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

REPENT

REPENT

REPENT

Spoiler
JgNAy7I.png

#27 Antonius Augury

Antonius Augury

Magic Extraordinaire

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1217 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:30 AM

It takes passion to conceive a great story. It is not even related to creativity or any types of skill, or even imagination.

what the fuck did i just read

• Kendall likes this

TUov15t.png?1

Aliases

Dungeon Master - OOC Event Hoster

Draeir Dawnspear - High Elven Spearman

Salimus - Necromantic Apothecary

Spright Gearwobble - Battle-mage