Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

@  dr3ad : (18 June 2018 - 03:21 PM)

Donator Extended rank has been changed a bit. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (07 June 2018 - 10:24 PM)

RPHLite AddOn is now available for download, it's a must have addon and will ship with RPHTiny client by default from now on. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (31 May 2018 - 02:35 PM)

New reward Book Forge has been added! Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can get notified when player joins the phase if you're phase owner or have a rank. While having permission you can toggle messages with .toggleph

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can now auto promote players that join the phase with .ph auto #RankID command

@  dr3ad : (16 May 2018 - 11:52 PM)

.phase inplace command has been added that skips phase starting location (leaves you in place), however requires phase rank to use

@  dr3ad : (07 May 2018 - 09:53 AM)

Starting Area Contest has started and will last until 17th of May! View topic here.

@  dr3ad : (28 March 2018 - 08:57 AM)

Getting coins voting at XtremeTop100 fixed. Many additions to NPC Scripting. Check changelog.

@  dr3ad : (18 February 2018 - 06:31 PM)

Some NPC Script updates. Addition of Target Type "NPC with specific GUID" and Action "Pause Waypoint Movement", so now the scripts can finally target specific npc based on guid

@  dr3ad : (06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM)

Reminder that you can now chose in Rank Manager whether player can only manipulate (e.g delete) his own gobs/npcs. Phase owner can now also change color of specific phase ranks a.k.a name color in .ph ann

@  dr3ad : (25 December 2017 - 10:52 PM)

NPC scripts now work in all phases that you own, additionally phase ranks now contain "Can Use NPC Scripting" option, so everyone who has Scripting perk can now promote people and let them help with scripting the phase

@  dr3ad : (04 December 2017 - 06:19 PM)

You can now browse already made NPC Templates and use their items while making a new NPC Template!

@  dr3ad : (02 December 2017 - 06:39 PM)

New command: .phase playlist #SoundID #LengthOfASongInSeconds will let you make phase playlists e.g 10 songs that will keep playing on loop from 1-10 and repeat. Every consecutive command use the song is added to the list. Use .phase pl clear to clear the playlist

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 10:49 PM)

Server is online!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Server is restarting and will be up in a couple of minutes as soon as phase cleanup is done!

Photo

[Interest Check] Caraway

pirates kul tiras port ERP pirate phase

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

Navy Enemy #1 | Pirate Millionaire | Hated DM

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 06:50 AM

Phase: 1122
Tele: Caraway
Discord: https://discord.gg/qc9QA3

Xepg3uI.jpg

Caraway Harbor, or simply Caraway, is a Kul Tiran colony nestled on the South Sea island of Katherina. Originally a Trade Post built by the Ashvane Trading Company to get a foothold in the spice trade, the warm climate and autonomous governance attracted colonists and individuals of questionable morality. Having blossomed from such humble beginnings to a settlement in its own right to rival cities like Freehold or Corlain back home in Kul Tiras. Part to the success of Caraway are the very limited regulations on trade and what ships are allowed to dock. This has allowed many private enterprises to blossom, but has also resulted in the port becoming a cesspool of pirates.

Indeed, in Caraway, any private person with a ship and company that has not offended Kul Tiras or her maritime activities is allowed to dock and spend their gains there. Treasure Hunters and Privateers have become a major stake in the local economy, aside from the free trade.

While the Proudmoore Admirality would detest a Tirassian colony falling to such a moral low, House Ashvane saw a benefit in the pirate activity. Lady Priscilla would still be responsible for appointing Governors loyal to her interests, and the Company would maintain its major stakes in the spice production of the island, while the Privateers would act as a military force for the island. Their fleets, and the militia garrison occupying Fort Caraway overlooking the harbor enough to repel any attacks most likely to come from Bloodsail Hold or Zandalar.

Caraway is my pitch into the whole settlement roleplay gig. I've built a neat settlement of custom houses, heavily themed around Age of Sail architecture and a slight Kul Tiras theme. While its original intention was simply to be another location for The Golden Age members to visit, I figured it would be more interesting if it had actual people to populate its infrastructure and local politics.

I imagine the Roleplay revolving around various locals vying for power or seeking to fulfill their interests in the town. Perhaps someone who wishes to climb the social ladder into the echelons of the local elite, mostly secluded in the Governor's mansion? Perhaps someone wishing to take control over one of the local businesses, like the very profitable tavern.

This style of Roleplay requires initiative on the individual level and from members participating. Since most of my focus still lies with the events of The Golden Age, I am willing to hand over a lot of power to those willing to oversee the roleplay and intrigues of Caraway.

The more activivity and initiative you're willing to put in, the more important roles you're able to roleplay. I'm not going to let some once-a-month alt become the Governor.

Interest groups/factions

ATC

The Ashvane Trading Company controls Caraway through its morally bankrupt and economically corrupt Governor. Their ships and merchants come and go from the port, continuously filling the coffers of the namesake Household and funding their ambitious schemes. With her focus currently being seizing power at home, Priscilla is content with the current state of Caraway as an economical plus. Thus, any individuals employed by the Company will want to maintain the status quo in the town. But when things get heated in Kul Tiras, perhaps they will start to demand more as resources increase in demand: fleet support from the Privateers above all. Most optimal would be if a seam of Azerite would be found on the island...

Adventurer's Salon

The fancily named Adventurer's Salon is the guild of Privateer Captains bound to Caraway. It was found by the ambitious Privateer Captains who swore to protect the island and her people, so that they may continously have a place to spend their gains in. Being part of the Salon is considered a title of great honor and prestige, and many Captains, from treasure hunters, privateers to even pirates, vye to gain a seat in the club.

They value the autonomous nature of Caraway, and their own power in it. As long as they get to spend their plunder on wenches, rum and hats for good prices will they be content.

They are closely tied to the Caraway Militia, local volunteers who have sworn their muskets to protect their home. Captains from the Salon often act as militia officers and drill them in combat tactics.

Tirassian Patriots

Not all colonists who moved to Caraway were of dubious morals. Many of them were the hardy, brave Tirassians that the Nation is known for. While many, if not most in Caraway are tolerant towards more alien races, the patriots are not. They also look down on the degenerate elements of Caraway's culture: pirates dancing with bare-breasted women in the streets, inviting all passer-byes to drink from their public gallons of wine, etc.

Perhaps these moralists will eventually band together to form an initiative of their own, and try to influence the other factions? Maybe seek outside support, from the Admirality itself or perhaps even Stormwind. As things start to get heated in Kul Tiras, soon they may have their chance to see their home brought to redemption...

Private Interests

The fourth faction isn't one at all. It is a grouping of private individuals with their own unique, usually selfish, interests. This may be a merchant or craftsman seeking to expand his business, either by honorable or less honorable means. Maybe a citizen seeking to climb the social ladder or a Horde agent who wants to see the town ceded under the control of the Warchief. Perhaps something as simple as someone wishing revenge upon another who did them ill, or the opposite: a love interest.

Screenshots

Spoiler

• Nortwin, Dove, Myst and 13 others like this

Check out The Golden Age, a pirate roleplay guild:
http://rpheaven.org/...ge/#entry134962

Here's a combat system I've made, called Realistic Combat System:
http://rpheaven.org/...-combat-system/

Character biographies:

Spoiler

Find me online on the following characters:
Freebooter - DM Character for The Golden Age
Woodglue - Building Character
DJ Pirate - Alt account

#2 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 06:56 AM

The buildings look like Alpha WoW and the story is alluring, so sounds good.
  • Wo0d Glue likes this
Deus Vult

#3 Archimonde

Archimonde

Fremtastic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:34 AM

It looks pretty good. I hope it doesent fuck my Laptop tho, 'cause holy shit I'd like to involve my Character in some RP there

• Wo0d Glue likes this

MiAmUsf.png

𝕱𝖔𝖗 𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖓      𝕱𝖔𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 Myst

Myst

the best of RPH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:01 AM

Fucking amazing.

#5 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:03 AM

The buildings look like Alpha WoW and the story is alluring, so sounds good.

didnt think of that comparison but i guess you're right, i really like alpha objects

edited the phase ID since I had put the ID to my cowboy phase there instead of pirate phase lol

• Archimonde likes this

Character biographies:

Spoiler

DJ Pirate - Alt account

#6 Archimonde

Archimonde

Fremtastic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:09 AM

my cowboy phase

Yeehaw, partner! Them be Pirates! Gotta' warn the Sherrif!
  • Myst and Wo0d Glue like this

MiAmUsf.png

𝕱𝖔𝖗 𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖔𝖓      𝕱𝖔𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕬𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 ANdreiusus

ANdreiusus

bfa enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 11:00 AM

You're wild when it comes to building. Damn.

#8 Nortwin

Nortwin

self-proclaimed forum moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:27 PM

wood glue im very happy to see youre finishing the place it looks very cool

definitely would like to see this a thing

also would like to see more leveling in the city, it looks a bit too flat

• Wo0d Glue likes this

8DxYnsg.png

#9 Jelly

Jelly

Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 03:23 PM

Wish I could build like this

Really like how it looks. 10/10 would lurk around in it.

• Wo0d Glue likes this

#10 Buggle Huttywrench

Buggle Huttywrench

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:55 PM

Just finished visiting the preview phase for Caraway, absolutely stunned.

I'd love to see the project successfully executed in the future. For now, keep up the good work.

• Wo0d Glue likes this

look at this dude

#11 Esadan

Esadan

haha same dude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 11:49 PM

I would fuck this

#12 Gavinlad

Gavinlad

the main antagonist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1156 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 01:37 AM

agreed the area looks really neat, and having some elevated areas would be cool to see but I think more than anything (unless i'm missing some patch), the flatness of the stone textures should be addressed.

Some of them have a very flat colour as a texture and it looks kinda weird with the higher definition woodwork all around it. I'd suggest, though it might be a bit labourious, to break up the flatness with some brickwork scattered here and there, around the corners and windows specifically. It doesnt need to be a complete resculpt, but some scattered brickwork would, in my opinion, make everything come together a little more.

Same with the ground objects too, it just looks a little plain at the moment.

• Jacklyn and Wo0d Glue like this

W7yTvF8.png

#13 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:58 AM

agreed the area looks really neat, and having some elevated areas would be cool to see but I think more than anything (unless i'm missing some patch), the flatness of the stone textures should be addressed.

Some of them have a very flat colour as a texture and it looks kinda weird with the higher definition woodwork all around it. I'd suggest, though it might be a bit labourious, to break up the flatness with some brickwork scattered here and there, around the corners and windows specifically. It doesnt need to be a complete resculpt, but some scattered brickwork would, in my opinion, make everything come together a little more.

Same with the ground objects too, it just looks a little plain at the moment.

Concerning flatness and elevation, the main hub has some minor elevation at a pier and the road reaching to the clock bridge. I won't add anything else as I won't expand on Caraway outside of detailing.
The goal of the project was to create an hub with relevant infrastructure to The Golden Age (different services like tailor, tavern, blacksmith, harbormaster).
Rather than building a large city, I prefer one that looks big but is actually small, so that people may find RP easier, and more effort can be put into detailing. Unless if the demand is high and I get into another building craze, I might not even build any more interiors like the Tavern.

Concerning the flat color, yeah, good point. The goal was for most of the houses to have crossbeam wood like the last screenshot. I'll get to updating the houses at some point but I haven't been in a huge building mood lately. Most of my efforts atm are finishing the tavern, and possibly adding scripted NPCs to the main hub.

The phase will be ready for RP when the tavern is considered done, and whenever people feel ready to start.
I've also made a Discord group: https://discord.gg/743Jp2

Character biographies:

Spoiler

DJ Pirate - Alt account

#14 Nortwin

Nortwin

self-proclaimed forum moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1993 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:17 AM

Concerning flatness and elevation, the main hub has some minor elevation at a pier and the road reaching to the clock bridge. I won't add anything else as I won't expand on Caraway outside of detailing.
The goal of the project was to create an hub with relevant infrastructure to The Golden Age (different services like tailor, tavern, blacksmith, harbormaster).
Rather than building a large city, I prefer one that looks big but is actually small, so that people may find RP easier, and more effort can be put into detailing. Unless if the demand is high and I get into another building craze, I might not even build any more interiors like the Tavern.
Concerning the flat color, yeah, good point. The goal was for most of the houses to have crossbeam wood like the last screenshot. I'll get to updating the houses at some point but I haven't been in a huge building mood lately. Most of my efforts atm are finishing the tavern, and possibly adding scripted NPCs to the main hub.
The phase will be ready for RP when the tavern is considered done, and whenever people feel ready to start.
I've also made a Discord group: https://discord.gg/743Jp2

a mountainous background would do

8DxYnsg.png

#15 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:51 AM

a mountainous background would do

good idea, was also thinking of adding some basic rooftops behind the clock tower

Character biographies:

Spoiler

DJ Pirate - Alt account

#16 Josh00

Josh00

draenei destroyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:56 PM

pirate bitch makes pirate phase v2, instant millionaire

good town

• Wo0d Glue likes this
Spoiler
JgNAy7I.png

#17 Urumir

Urumir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:14 AM

Discord link expired

#18 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:36 AM

Discord link expired

https://discord.gg/aJYVX6

Character biographies:

Spoiler

DJ Pirate - Alt account

#19 The Beast

The Beast

Admiral

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:09 PM

caraway more like carry this away hahahahahahahahahaha XD

ConsiderateDownrightEchidna-max-1mb.gif

Beware the Daughter of the Sea. Kul Tiras belongs to the Lord Admiral, not the traitor.

#20 Dove

Dove

hot wing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1391 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 08:16 PM

Indeed, could use more detailing and some clutter to have the roads look less plain. Otherwise, looks hella rad.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pirates, kul tiras, port, ERP pirate phase