Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (07 June 2018 - 10:24 PM)

RPHLite AddOn is now available for download, it's a must have addon and will ship with RPHTiny client by default from now on. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (31 May 2018 - 02:35 PM)

New reward Book Forge has been added! Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can get notified when player joins the phase if you're phase owner or have a rank. While having permission you can toggle messages with .toggleph

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can now auto promote players that join the phase with .ph auto #RankID command

@  dr3ad : (16 May 2018 - 11:52 PM)

.phase inplace command has been added that skips phase starting location (leaves you in place), however requires phase rank to use

@  dr3ad : (07 May 2018 - 09:53 AM)

Starting Area Contest has started and will last until 17th of May! View topic here.

@  dr3ad : (28 March 2018 - 08:57 AM)

Getting coins voting at XtremeTop100 fixed. Many additions to NPC Scripting. Check changelog.

@  dr3ad : (18 February 2018 - 06:31 PM)

Some NPC Script updates. Addition of Target Type "NPC with specific GUID" and Action "Pause Waypoint Movement", so now the scripts can finally target specific npc based on guid

@  dr3ad : (06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM)

Reminder that you can now chose in Rank Manager whether player can only manipulate (e.g delete) his own gobs/npcs. Phase owner can now also change color of specific phase ranks a.k.a name color in .ph ann

@  dr3ad : (25 December 2017 - 10:52 PM)

NPC scripts now work in all phases that you own, additionally phase ranks now contain "Can Use NPC Scripting" option, so everyone who has Scripting perk can now promote people and let them help with scripting the phase

@  dr3ad : (04 December 2017 - 06:19 PM)

You can now browse already made NPC Templates and use their items while making a new NPC Template!

@  dr3ad : (02 December 2017 - 06:39 PM)

New command: .phase playlist #SoundID #LengthOfASongInSeconds will let you make phase playlists e.g 10 songs that will keep playing on loop from 1-10 and repeat. Every consecutive command use the song is added to the list. Use .phase pl clear to clear the playlist

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 10:49 PM)

Server is online!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:50 PM)

Server is restarting and will be up in a couple of minutes as soon as phase cleanup is done!

@  dr3ad : (28 November 2017 - 07:19 PM)

Gameobject cleanup will take place soon, all accounts inactive more than 6 months will have their character's phases deleted as we're reaching 15 millions gobjects mark!

@  dr3ad : (21 November 2017 - 04:27 PM)

New command: .gob near will list Top 10 Closest gameobjects and their guids/scales

@  dr3ad : (19 November 2017 - 01:56 PM)

New command: .gob state 0 3 will activate gameobjects such as doors permanently.

@  dr3ad : (25 October 2017 - 07:31 PM)

New commands .phase history and .phase capacity have been added! Check Changelog for more info.

@  dr3ad : (06 October 2017 - 07:52 AM)

Issue with server restarter has been fixed. Server is online.

@  dr3ad : (01 September 2017 - 01:11 PM)

Xtremetop100 voting will now properly award silver coins.

Photo

Tarias' Moderator Application

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hoffstead

Hoffstead

comic relief

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:33 AM

Main Character Name: Tarias Firebrand

Account Name: TEROG

How long have you been on the server?: December 2014

Activity?: Generally, I find myself online most of the time depending on my sleeping schedule and balancing work though, in terms of GMT-0, I can get on for upwards of 7+ hours if nothing comes along to interrupt it which it never usually does.

Have you ever had to deal with customers/players?:

My experience with customers stems directly from my time between different sets of jobs; none of which I generally had an issue with though understandably the mindset between a working environment and that of a private server are different in a variety of ways. The view of professionalism, what is and isn’t acceptable can be seen in a lax manner and so on. As for players I’m a tad lacking though an assortment of guides I’ve written – posted on the forums as well – required me to be as informative and helpful as possible. This stretched in-game with the odd question or two though nothing of any /real/ importance.

Do you have any referees?:

·         Clara
·         Kenyon
·         Scorcher/Dave
·         Taevan/Zach
·         Zeggash/Dralggish
·         Mischief
·         Bagelpanda

Write about your favourite period/subject of WoW lore (100 words or more):

To no surprise my favourite subject is – by far – Magic. I  can’t single out any single point in Warcraft where a show of magic was unfathomably spectacular, nor can I really decide on a single instance that I love the most given how many occurrences there are, though my favouritism for it over all other subjects comes instead over how fast and expansive it is. We’re shown the simple feats of a novice, which are still amazing to behold given shows of transmutation like polymorphing, and given the ability to compare them to feats of the titans which used to spread across the universe and restore order with wisdom and justice.

Describe your favourite character, either yours or in lore (50 words or more):

Varian. I had to have a think about this and initially opted for the likes of Aegwynn or Rhonin purely by instinct for arcane though I think the fact we’ve seen Varian progress from such an uptight hatemonger – with reason – to this unfathomably amazing warrior with the ability to look past his personal grudges and even go as far to offer peace to the Horde despite what happened to him during his childhood. Not to mention the fact his sheer ferocity managed to grab him the blessing of Goldrinn and allowed him to stand toe-to-toe with Garrosh and disarm him of Gorehowl in their last fight. He might not be all that pumped up on magic though he’s an amazingly well written and fleshed out character who’s up there with the best of them; at least in my opinion.

What would you do differently about the server?:

Honestly, while the server is sound in a variety of ways, there are points that could be improved upon. One of these is how newly established moderators are viewed. Individuals who are trying to come to terms with their new positions are often seen as cranks because of how they go about handing out punishments and are often easy on the trigger finger; something I’d generally try to change if I was promoted. Not to say that suspensions or bans aren’t rightfully deserved given certain circumstances though I’d work to understand the factors at play before issuing punishment to establish a new mindset that up-and-coming staff members aren’t simply around to abuse the power they’ve been given like a variety of people in the position have done before.

Write about yourself (100 words or more):

There’s not all that much to say other than reiterating how I often present myself. While I generally view myself as someone with a neutral mindset, I often like to survey a situation and experience it first-hand. Influential opinions find themselves taken under-wing though are mostly brushed off as I’m generally glued to my own convictions – right or wrong – for the most part. Though, this isn’t without fault as I often present myself, in the likes of debates, as a seemingly hostile individual though this is due to how I try to structure my opinions. There’s never really any personal harm intended though people often believe what they want to in most cases and there’s really no helping it. I’m not a perfect person, nobody is, though I strive to better myself in all fields on a daily basis.

Questions

1. I prefer to work...
b. on my own. (Within reason. Staff members need to be able to work by themselves as well as in a team.)

2. As a moderator (someone who will enforce server policy), I would describe myself as...
b. decisive.

3. When it comes to WoW lore I am...
b. open-minded to interpretations and different ideas.

4. To me, grammar is...
a. important for communication.

5. I believe rules should be used as...
a. a shield for role players; people should be allowed to do what they want as long as it does not harm others.

6. I believe the staff should be respected because...
c. everyone should be respected.

7. If someone complained about my colleague on the staff team, I would...
c. dismiss the complaint - it's none of my business.

8. When someone makes a lore mistake, it is in my nature to...
c. politely correct them as discreetly as possible.

9. As a host, I would say that I am...
b. someone who is meticulous and has a passion for detail.

10. A teacher is a person who...
c. advises people, but doesn't hold their hand.

11. I consider the moderator role as...
a. a parent role; we should guide but not dictate.

12. There should be...
e. Limited change.

Like I said in my previous post, I believe that the staff – more-so the newly promoted ones – need to present themselves in a manner that isn’t viewed with tyrannical bravado like others have done so in the past. While long-term members like Goudy are cemented and viewed as someone who makes capable choices, less can be said for someone who has had the job for a week and has handed out a ban; necessary or otherwise.

• Kenyon, optictears, Antonius Augury and 4 others like this