Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2019 - 09:53 PM)

Performing minor maintenance, server up within 30 mins.

@  dr3ad : (07 November 2019 - 09:33 PM)

Minor downtime while some issues were worked on, server back online.

@  dr3ad : (07 November 2019 - 04:36 AM)

Item Forge now fully works with hidden (NPC) displays and custom items were wiped, however there won't be any more wipes in the future. Also .refresh no longer displays annoying goggles.

@  dr3ad : (05 November 2019 - 05:43 AM)

Server back online.

@  dr3ad : (05 November 2019 - 02:51 AM)

We are having some issues with the host machine, non related to RPH and we're working to bring server up asap.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2019 - 08:04 PM)

Server back up, we shouldn't be seeing any long downtimes anymore as all issues have been addressed.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2019 - 05:37 AM)

Server back online, had some downtime while installing server restarter on new host.

@  dr3ad : (02 November 2019 - 07:53 PM)

Server up also gameobjects are back, we had some downtime due to transfer to a new better host.

@  dr3ad : (02 November 2019 - 04:09 AM)

Download new 8.2.5 client here. Custom gameobject patch has been disabled temporary as we're fixing the way custom patch is streamed to the client. Custom gobs will be back within 24 hours.

@  dr3ad : (01 November 2019 - 10:26 PM)

We updated to 8.2.5 as we had some issues due to Blizzcon today removing 8.2.0 version from their content delivery network and hence half of people getting "Streaming error". We will post new 8.2.5 Wow.exe in couple of minutes, you just need to drag it into your existing RPHTiny/_retail_ folder.

@  dr3ad : (31 October 2019 - 05:19 PM)

Make sure to delete your cache folder if you experience freeze on character selection screen.

@  dr3ad : (30 October 2019 - 10:59 PM)

If you had problem where your RPHLauncher wouldn't launch at all, try again now.

@  dr3ad : (26 October 2019 - 02:57 AM)

Fixed crashes that were just happening due to crashy spell. Server up in 2 mins.

@  dr3ad : (23 October 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Fixed crashes happening in start as well as in other phases.

@  dr3ad : (22 October 2019 - 06:52 PM)

You can now make Night Elves with Nightwarrior eyes. It should be under Skin section.

@  dr3ad : (17 October 2019 - 01:15 AM)

Added feature "Lookup retail NPC equipment" to the account panel for the upcoming item forge, can be seen on the right.

@  dr3ad : (16 October 2019 - 12:41 PM)

18 hours uptime. #record

@  dr3ad : (14 October 2019 - 08:56 PM)

Fixed some important performance issues, server back online

@  dr3ad : (13 October 2019 - 04:20 PM)

Server is up again, fixed some crash issues.

@  dr3ad : (12 October 2019 - 11:54 PM)

Server back online.

Photo
- - - - -

Evermore: A phase review

Phase Review Phase Revie Yall mind if I hit that YEET

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Soundwave

Soundwave

Chronicler of Cringe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:55 PM

Because let's face it the forums are boring and I have nothing better to do so let's gather around and participate in the time honored tradition of making fun of some aspies for how they play pretend on an illegal private server

1.) Hhenejekekn
Evermore seems to be your usual neutral town phase, specifically the "spooky neutral town" subspecies. A recent specimen of this breed, Glomya, recently passed away, much to our delight. The whole of the town is mostly composed of undead or custom lore vampire characters, with one of the staff unironically playing a character based completely off of a hearthstone card. Why such a town hasn't attracted the attention of the Forsaken or the Gilneans isn't clear to me, though it may have something to do with the fact that we have no fucking clue where this place is located, why it exists, how long it has existed and how it stays alive.

2.) My opinions matter right
Upon entering the phase you're swiftly greeted with the usual sight; a cluster of alliance garrison and Gilneas buildings spread sporadically about the place, connected vaguely by a series of really shitty rock "roads". There's a good deal of elf stuff as well, specifically a large golden statue. Once more, how they afforded such a creation, I'll never know.
As much as you likely hated them, you come to appreciate labors of aesthetic love like Rosehearh and Eastmoon when confronted with abortions like this and that series of shitty """survival horror""" phases.

3.) Lolicon Firing Squads
Quality control is, expectedly, nonexistent. People will come in to blatantly troll the server, and it will take the incompetent mods a few minutes to stop their tavern RP and come to the realization that this person is being deliberately bad, and isn't just one of the usual subpar players they typically entertain.
Of course, the staff does little to set the bar for quality. As you have such stunning figures as a second-generation half-breed with numerous profiles in his TRP devoted to how powerful he is and how you'll likely never want him, a gnome vampire based quite literally off of a hearthstone card, and the mayor who someone has no TRP information whatsoever, save that he is a human ???.

4.) 25 years without parole
There aren't too many redeeming traits to Evermore. It's simply another neutral town phase, with the tavern as its center piece, kept aloft due to the all-inclusiveness of their environment. They're doomed to the same fate as every other neutral town, a slow death, only to be forgotten about, save in forum memes.

5.) Crustacean Orgies
This phase would make an excellent exhibit in the Museum of the Holocaust and Similar Atrocities.
  • Nortwin, Red Dorage, just 'Neth' and 10 others like this
My memes are ironic.
My depression is chronic.

#2 Scales

Scales

Dargun Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:19 PM

I came here to tell you kinkshaming is bad but if any of what you said is true then well let's just say my kink is kinkshaming

d3d656a0e1.jpg

#3 Soundwave

Soundwave

Chronicler of Cringe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:28 PM

I came here to tell you kinkshaming is bad but if any of what you said is true then well let's just say my kink is kinkshaming

Your mom give me the big suck
My memes are ironic.

#4 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:02 PM

Not sure anything would ever make me appreciate the clusterfuck of idiocy that was eastmoon but I'll take your word for it.
Deus Vult

#5 PewPewKapowy

PewPewKapowy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:40 PM

- It ain't easy to build a phase without triggering someone's sense of architectural aesthetics.

- It ain't easy to create a waterproof geography, history and generally background information that is to everyone's approval.

- It ain't easy to publicly host a phase and keep a watchful eye on everything that happends and intervene to ensure the utmost logical progression of interaction between players and the enviroment.

- It ain't easy to roleplay/enjoy yourself whilst hosting a public phase, since the level of quality control some people expect demands continuous time and effort.

But it's definitely easy to head in to a public roleplay, take note of everything that may or may not be wrong and write an ironic review on the forums. Much like what I'm doing right now... Cheers.

#6 Nortwin

Nortwin

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2184 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:43 PM

make your own phase mother fucker

#7 Gnomeferatu

Gnomeferatu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

If it makes you feel any better, the giant statue was obliterated by an infernal last night. 

PzKkGz5.jpg

#8 Red Dorage

Red Dorage

i beat my wife

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1199 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:04 PM

@PewPewKapowy while it's pretty bothersome to host and rp in your own public phase, building one and coming up with a 'story' isnt hard at all, if you're going to be a wee cuck and go for some custom lore shit, then yeah maybe it's hard; if it's good within canon, anyone that may have anything against it is just dumb as H*CK

dorage.png

Spoiler

#9 RoberTheForlorne

RoberTheForlorne

thiccest of roys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

Amen, brother.

10/10 review.

I am the thiccest.

I am the Roy.

I am the thiccest of Roys.

I am Thiccroy.

Relax

Writing a book, come and beta read it, why doncha?
https://rpheaven.org...ndpost&p=164027

Spoiler

My Stories

#10 RoberTheForlorne

RoberTheForlorne

thiccest of roys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:11 PM

To add to the fire, they don't have one thing needed for an actual Town RP that makes it make sense. Make that three...

1. Walls.
How the hell are they living in a world full of factions craving neutral land for themselves without protection? To add to this, I see no guards, at all, three times I joined the phase.

2. Town Hall
What is a Town without a council's hall? Seriously, I was on my joke Communist character and was tagged along by a little mob whilst I screamed out communist slogans looking for the mayor or Town Hall. I found neither. Also, fun fact, while I was around with said character, there was a guy in the middle of the town scaling up to 10 as a deathwing model and covering majority of the town with his 1000101010100 and so forth. As long as I was there, which was 20min, the guy was still hanging around.

3. Not-Not Having a 'Mage Tower'.
Seriously. How can this place afford architecture from both Human kingdoms and horde structural engineers? As well as an unused, empty mage tower (i checked it two times, it was allways empty). Where is the mage? Why is the tower there!?

WHY DOES THIS PHASE EXIST!?

I am the thiccest.

I am the Roy.

I am Thiccroy.

Relax

Spoiler

My Stories

#11 Soundwave

Soundwave

Chronicler of Cringe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:30 PM

- It ain't easy to build a phase without triggering someone's sense of architectural aesthetics.
- It ain't easy to create a waterproof geography, history and generally background information that is to everyone's approval.
- It ain't easy to publicly host a phase and keep a watchful eye on everything that happends and intervene to ensure the utmost logical progression of interaction between players and the enviroment.
- It ain't easy to roleplay/enjoy yourself whilst hosting a public phase, since the level of quality control some people expect demands continuous time and effort.

But it's definitely easy to head in to a public roleplay, take note of everything that may or may not be wrong and write an ironic review on the forums. Much like what I'm doing right now... Cheers.

You gay lol

make your own phase mother fucker

No

If it makes you feel any better, the giant statue was obliterated by an infernal last night.

Cancer
My memes are ironic.

#12 Vosa

Vosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:34 PM

Maybe, just maybe, you should expect this kind of outcome when you try hosting a custom lore role-playing phase... or a phase altogether. Of course it's easier to review a phase than to create one yourself, I'm sure nobody's denying that, but that still doesn't mean that people aren't free to have (and share) their opinions on other people's creations.

It isn't the easiest thing to do quality control when you've opened your phase for everyone to join either, no, that's only logical, but there are still only so many people on the server, so just banning the people who're obviously negatively influencing your phase goes a long way (if you actually care to improve the state of the phase's role-play).

Kind of a side note, but maybe not: If you intend to do any sort of DM'ing, whether or not you're the owner of a phase or just somebody helping out, I don't think it's a healthy practice to have a character of your own in the same role-play. It's easy to abuse power, and most just #*@! it up.

Gotta love how this server's community loves protecting shit RP.

#13 Scales

Scales

Dargun Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:49 PM

You're entirely right on the three first things. Except the thing is it doesn't need to be perfectly watertight, but this is the equivalent of drilling a hole in the side of the hull to put in a window. Or ignoring a man-sized leak because it's too much effort to actually patch up.
The last one is a given I've noticed yeah. Often if you host a phase you don't get to rp in it often, kind of a sacrifice.
But being pretentious will get you nowhere.

d3d656a0e1.jpg

#14 mfcb95

mfcb95

Donator Extended

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:13 PM

Are you seriously saying this at this point in time? People will post whatever criticism they want in the forums, It has always been this way. I for one find these reviews fun and often accurate. With every bit of drama my tumor decreases, It's good for my health

• mfcb95 and Sashka5337 like this

8.jpg

#15 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

what am i doing here

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

Pig stie 0
Roof animals 0
Old ass npc models 0
Caricaturistic orc nutcrackers 0
Piano/naked dwarf lutenist 0

another phase full of piss-pickled landcrabs

check out my epic phases:

do you like reading? why not become a beta reader for my epic book?

https://rpheaven.org...aders-for-book/

Short stories:

Character biographies:

Spoiler

Find me online on the following characters:
Freebooter - DM Character for The Golden Age

The Ugly - Character for Manifest Destiny
Woodglue - Building Character
DJ Pirate - Alt account

#16 Linux.dib

Linux.dib

First of all, it's not donor, it's gnu/donor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

sOWhgAn.jpg

• Sashka5337, cruise3174 and Esadan like this

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

IRONIC SHITPOSTING

IS STILL SHITPOSTING

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

#17 RoberTheForlorne

RoberTheForlorne

thiccest of roys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:37 PM

I'm Chad.

I am the thiccest.

I am the Roy.

I am Thiccroy.

Relax

Spoiler

My Stories

#18 Titiantree

Titiantree

Elite Premium Member

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:14 PM

- It ain't easy to build a phase without triggering someone's sense of architectural aesthetics. - It ain't easy to create a waterproof geography, history and generally background information that is to everyone's approval. - It ain't easy to publicly host a phase and keep a watchful eye on everything that happends and intervene to ensure the utmost logical progression of interaction between players and the enviroment. - It ain't easy to roleplay/enjoy yourself whilst hosting a public phase, since the level of quality control some people expect demands continuous time and effort.

how much more wrong can this get ? 

#19 Scales

Scales

Dargun Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:31 PM

how much more wrong can this get ? 

saltire was a good phase

d3d656a0e1.jpg

#20 just 'Neth'

just 'Neth'

Master Creator, Host and Script-fanatic

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1999 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:54 AM

another one

no like, seriously i get it. ppl want the piss easy RP instead of putting just a bit of effort into a more deep story. this however ends up being overly bad as we've seen so many times now

• Jacklyn likes this

im a game dev or something now i guess

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Phase, Review, Phase Revie, Yall mind if I hit that YEET