Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2019 - 09:53 PM)

Performing minor maintenance, server up within 30 mins.

@  dr3ad : (07 November 2019 - 09:33 PM)

Minor downtime while some issues were worked on, server back online.

@  dr3ad : (07 November 2019 - 04:36 AM)

Item Forge now fully works with hidden (NPC) displays and custom items were wiped, however there won't be any more wipes in the future. Also .refresh no longer displays annoying goggles.

@  dr3ad : (05 November 2019 - 05:43 AM)

Server back online.

@  dr3ad : (05 November 2019 - 02:51 AM)

We are having some issues with the host machine, non related to RPH and we're working to bring server up asap.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2019 - 08:04 PM)

Server back up, we shouldn't be seeing any long downtimes anymore as all issues have been addressed.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2019 - 05:37 AM)

Server back online, had some downtime while installing server restarter on new host.

@  dr3ad : (02 November 2019 - 07:53 PM)

Server up also gameobjects are back, we had some downtime due to transfer to a new better host.

@  dr3ad : (02 November 2019 - 04:09 AM)

Download new 8.2.5 client here. Custom gameobject patch has been disabled temporary as we're fixing the way custom patch is streamed to the client. Custom gobs will be back within 24 hours.

@  dr3ad : (01 November 2019 - 10:26 PM)

We updated to 8.2.5 as we had some issues due to Blizzcon today removing 8.2.0 version from their content delivery network and hence half of people getting "Streaming error". We will post new 8.2.5 Wow.exe in couple of minutes, you just need to drag it into your existing RPHTiny/_retail_ folder.

@  dr3ad : (31 October 2019 - 05:19 PM)

Make sure to delete your cache folder if you experience freeze on character selection screen.

@  dr3ad : (30 October 2019 - 10:59 PM)

If you had problem where your RPHLauncher wouldn't launch at all, try again now.

@  dr3ad : (26 October 2019 - 02:57 AM)

Fixed crashes that were just happening due to crashy spell. Server up in 2 mins.

@  dr3ad : (23 October 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Fixed crashes happening in start as well as in other phases.

@  dr3ad : (22 October 2019 - 06:52 PM)

You can now make Night Elves with Nightwarrior eyes. It should be under Skin section.

@  dr3ad : (17 October 2019 - 01:15 AM)

Added feature "Lookup retail NPC equipment" to the account panel for the upcoming item forge, can be seen on the right.

@  dr3ad : (16 October 2019 - 12:41 PM)

18 hours uptime. #record

@  dr3ad : (14 October 2019 - 08:56 PM)

Fixed some important performance issues, server back online

@  dr3ad : (13 October 2019 - 04:20 PM)

Server is up again, fixed some crash issues.

@  dr3ad : (12 October 2019 - 11:54 PM)

Server back online.

Photo
- - - - -

Evermore: A phase review

Phase Review Phase Revie Yall mind if I hit that YEET

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 cruise3174

cruise3174

the best of RPH

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:45 AM

Are you kidding? I want more neutral town bandit slave and game of thrones RP. Give me those gilnean and garrison buildings with shal'dorei furniture. Oh yeah, love me some snipers on the roof of every building and officers who go kick and ban happy over rumors. Can I mention that I NEEEEEED some tavern RP? Especially if it's in D A L A R A N. Oh fuck yes, give me some D A L A R A N rp. I need my fix. The best is when I see someone I OOCly don't like and I go ahead and whisper on all of my alts that they are terrible people and ERP!!!112!! Then they will get kicked and banned from the guild/phase and I can RP my OC(Slef-insert) without having to see the person I OOCly don't like while chatting up a second generation halfbreed who is OP and overscaled while mocking the others in the phase on how their shit IC and OOC.

Hope I can get an officer role too or I will troll, maybe delete gobs.

• Nortwin, just 'Neth', Sashka5337 and 1 other like this
Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda (Star Wars: Episode V)

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. -Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars: Episode 3)

#22 Jacklyn

Jacklyn

minecraft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:56 AM

Can you all stop trying to defend the place? When the builders of a phase have never heard of .gob rotate and are ok with this kind of building you can't defend the phase.
  • cruise3174 likes this

wide.png

#23 cruise3174

cruise3174

the best of RPH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:10 AM

Jacklyn knows what we must do. Nuke it from space. It's the only way.

#24 Hakky

Hakky

ich will

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:24 AM

impudent ningen

ninGAY destroyer

#25 PewPewKapowy

PewPewKapowy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:54 PM

Maybe, just maybe, you should expect this kind of outcome when you try hosting a custom lore role-playing phase... or a phase altogether. Of course it's easier to review a phase than to create one yourself, I'm sure nobody's denying that, but that still doesn't mean that people aren't free to have (and share) their opinions on other people's creations.

You sure can expect it indeed, at this point I would be surpised to see someone host their phase deliberately and see no bad reviews pop up anywhere. Criticism is almost BOUND to appear when someone hosts their phase. But keep in mind, what I posted is also criticism. Though criticism may be a strong term, it's kind of obvious that Soundwave was trolling here (No offense Sound')

You're entirely right on the three first things. Except the thing is it doesn't need to be perfectly watertight / But being pretentious will get you nowhere.

I agree it doesn't need to be watertight. I couldn't possibly come up with a story that doesn't have any holes into it. All I was saying was that critics, people whom have higher (Sometimes too high) standards will scrutinize this, regardless of it being within margins of acceptability. And I understand that the way I kept my argument short made it look like I was acting posh, but I can assure you I intended to be suggestive.

Are you seriously saying this at this point in time? People will post whatever criticism they want in the forums, It has always been this way. I for one find these reviews fun and often accurate. With every bit of drama my tumor decreases, It's good for my health

Don't get lost in the fog of bitterness man =P

how much more wrong can this get ? 

Keep asking that without adding any argument as to why it would be wrong, and eventually you'll convince yourself that you're a winner (y)

#26 Titiantree

Titiantree

Elite Premium Member

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2821 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:00 PM

i didn't really care to give an 'argument' to your post, i don't know why you feel so entitled to one, just look at what you're posting

- It ain't easy to build a phase without triggering someone's sense of architectural aesthetics

yeah it is, gavin made a role play for my horde guild in the span of ~15 minutes that not only looked nice but made sense

- It ain't easy to create a waterproof geography, history and generally background information that is to everyone's approval.

like you can set up a scene with 5 minutes of brainstorming if you're actually good at role play or writing in general, warcraft is not a very difficult universe to build around

- It ain't easy to publicly host a phase and keep a watchful eye on everything that happends and intervene to ensure the utmost logical progression of interaction between players and the enviroment. - It ain't easy to roleplay/enjoy yourself whilst hosting a public phase, since the level of quality control some people expect demands continuous time and effort.

you realize that when you're hosting a phase and moderating it you're doing so by role playing with them either as your character or the characters, NPCs for instance, you've made for the phase itself. you're not missing out on role play bcus you have to keep an eye on things, and if your 'project' like you guys like to call these fucken things are so big that it's a problem then it's your own fault for being bad at organizing

can you really not see that what you're saying is drool? like just please, go back and read these, carefully 

• Waroth likes this

#27 Nortwin

Nortwin

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2184 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:56 PM

Are you kidding? I want more neutral town bandit slave and game of thrones RP. Give me those gilnean and garrison buildings with shal'dorei furniture. Oh yeah, love me some snipers on the roof of every building and officers who go kick and ban happy over rumors. Can I mention that I NEEEEEED some tavern RP? Especially if it's in D A L A R A N. Oh fuck yes, give me some D A L A R A N rp. I need my fix. The best is when I see someone I OOCly don't like and I go ahead and whisper on all of my alts that they are terrible people and ERP!!!112!! Then they will get kicked and banned from the guild/phase and I can RP my OC(Slef-insert) without having to see the person I OOCly don't like while chatting up a second generation halfbreed who is OP and overscaled while mocking the others in the phase on how their shit IC and OOC.

Hope I can get an officer role too or I will troll, maybe delete gobs.

host fucking myrthagas or I will end you

• cruise3174 likes this

#28 RoberTheForlorne

RoberTheForlorne

thiccest of roys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:39 PM

You sure can expect it indeed, at this point I would be surpised to see someone host their phase deliberately and see no bad reviews pop up anywhere. Criticism is almost BOUND to appear when someone hosts their phase. But keep in mind, what I posted is also criticism. Though criticism may be a strong term, it's kind of obvious that Soundwave was trolling here (No offense Sound')

I agree it doesn't need to be watertight. I couldn't possibly come up with a story that doesn't have any holes into it. All I was saying was that critics, people whom have higher (Sometimes too high) standards will scrutinize this, regardless of it being within margins of acceptability. And I understand that the way I kept my argument short made it look like I was acting posh, but I can assure you I intended to be suggestive.

Don't get lost in the fog of bitterness man =P

Keep asking that without adding any argument as to why it would be wrong, and eventually you'll convince yourself that you're a winner (y)

HHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

DIS NIGGA

I am the thiccest.

I am the Roy.

I am the thiccest of Roys.

I am Thiccroy.

Relax

Writing a book, come and beta read it, why doncha?
https://rpheaven.org...ndpost&p=164027

Spoiler

My Stories

#29 PewPewKapowy

PewPewKapowy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

i didn't really care to give an 'argument' to your post, i don't know why you feel so entitled to one, just look at what you're posting

yeah it is, gavin made a role play for my horde guild in the span of ~15 minutes that not only looked nice but made sense

like you can set up a scene with 5 minutes of brainstorming if you're actually good at role play or writing in general, warcraft is not a very difficult universe to build around

you realize that when you're hosting a phase and moderating it you're doing so by role playing with them either as your character or the characters, NPCs for instance, you've made for the phase itself. you're not missing out on role play bcus you have to keep an eye on things, and if your 'project' like you guys like to call these fucken things are so big that it's a problem then it's your own fault for being bad at organizing

can you really not see that what you're saying is drool? like just please, go back and read these, carefully 

Titian, I think you're reading between the lines a little too much. And I don't need anyone's approval to post on these forums so.. 'Not being entitled' isn't a thing. (If that's what you meant to say, if not: forget what I just said).

I never said it's impossible to build something that looks good. Especially when you build something in 15 minutes, chances are slim that it'll contain many or any objects that have conflicting appearances. Besides, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, so even you're buddy Gavin could have his build 'criticised' by someone whom genuinly thinks it looks ugly. And the same counts for creating lore. If you have to come up with a single scene set in the warcraft universe, sure it'll be easy I suppose. But I wasn't talking about JUST singular scenes in the Warcraft universe, I was eyeing for the bigger projects that could even be set in a fully custom universe. (Regardless of what anyone thinks of customised lore).

Now I'm not sure if you've ever hosted a phase before but regardless I'll assume you've got the necessary experience. But than you'd know that in a big public phase, where players act the way they do both ICly and OOCly, and the interactions between all of these players lead to situations that may or may not require a watchful eye. You cannot hope to sit back and relax if your intention to to have a successful public roleplay session that doesn't ignite a shitstorm of criticism and hate afterwards. To prevent that, you have to work your ass off. (Wether you can enjoy yourself whilst working is a matter of perspective anyway..) And if my assumption is correct that you've got experience in this, you'd be able to compile the long list of all the things that could require a phase host's attention during a large scale public roleplay.

As for "if your 'project' like you guys like to call these fucken things are so big that it's a problem then it's your own fault for being bad at organizing". Can't blame people for wanting to try their hand at something bigger. I (Once again) assume your experience has taught you that smaller & private = higher quality, which does sound like truth to me. But that doesn't mean that less quality in exchange for a larger scale is garantueed inferior. It's just how you look at it.. I've once been in a guild where nearly every member was a bit of a lolroleplayer, which did suck at times. But these guys were active-as-fuck. You wouldn't believe it.. The enthousiasm in this community caused people to stay up till 4AM in order to remain stationed at their guard post. Which was pointless ofcoarse, but passion breeds enthousiasm, which was all we needed to become succesfull. (Succesfull in the eyes of the beholder yada yada yada, no doubt the elite roleplayers shat on everything we ever supposedly achieved. Which was their right)

So yeah.. Please don't break up my post and disprove the so called claims which you found reading between the lines. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong ofcoarse, everything you said was definitely true. Except for the stuff that was based on the impression that I'm a douche who thinks he received the ten commandments of roleplay by Dr3ad almighty. (Which I didn't just to be clear.)

#30 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:43 PM

Inc Rant

Can I just add that I went to this phase yesterday and it's fucking despicable?

Ok, I like the building because it's quaint. But that's all it has. One of their guard-members was running around like a fucking spastic, OOC chatting with everyone and following people around. I met ONE nice person and she was a hagraven! A FUCKING HAGRAVEN! There were NPC dark ranger guards positioned randomly all over the place, and the members of the guild that happened to wander by us had nothing nice to say, so they thought up the rudest thing they could spout.

I went into the inn and get shadowed by some mercenary prick who has a statement on his trp saying he is "dishonorable" but proceeds to try and lecture me on how honor and comradery have nothing in common, while some Worgen bitch claims we kill babies, purge towns to kill one undead at a time, and are "war criminals" whilst also saying that the poor little Forsaken who "Love" their queen are innocent, like the orcs in internment after the second war. This is a gilnean who's home country was sacked by The Forsaken and the Orcs, mind you.

Then she OOCly claims Worgen have 5x hearing to that of humans (I said something about her outside the inn and she magically hears it) and when I ask for evidence on this statistic, she starts bitching about how my guild is a "sham." I ask her again for said evidence, she says "it's not on WoWpedia or WoWwiki which are unreliable, but RL scientists say it about wolves so it must be true in WoW." I debunk this and she says "Ok, prove to me that humans can talk and walk in lore!!1!"

All the while, she is stating how she's "won" the argument and that I walked away because I was wrong, and all of this other basic baiting crap.

Needless to say I proved her wrong, but by all that is holy, we need to wipe this shitstain off of the fucking map. Anyone with me?
Deus Vult

#31 Gnomeferatu

Gnomeferatu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 06:06 PM

Inc Rant

Can I just add that I went to this phase yesterday and it's fucking despicable?

Ok, I like the building because it's quaint. But that's all it has. One of their guard-members was running around like a fucking spastic, OOC chatting with everyone and following people around. I met ONE nice person and she was a hagraven! A FUCKING HAGRAVEN! There were NPCs with dark ranger guards positioned randomly all over the place, and the members of the guild that happened to wander by us had nothing nice to say, so they thought up the rudest thing they could spout.

I went into the inn and get shadowed by some mercenary prick who has a statement saying he is "dishonorable" but proceeds to try ans lecture me on how honor and comradery have nothing in common, while some Worgen bitch claims we kill babies, purge towns to kill one undead at a time, and are "war criminals" whilst also saying that the poor little Forsaken who "Love" their queen are innocent, like the orcs in internment after the second war. This is a gilnean who's home country was sacked by The Forsaken and the Orcs, mind you.

Then she OOCly claims Worgen have 5x hearing to that of humans (I said something about her outside the inn and she magically hears it) and when I ask for evidence on this statistic, she starts bitching about how my guild is a "sham." I ask her again for said evidence, she says "it's not on WoWpedia or WoWwiki which are unreliable, but RL scientists say it about wolves so it must be true in WoW." I debunk this and she says "Ok, prove to me that humans can talk and walk in lore!!1!"

All the while, she is stating how she's "won" the argument and that I walked away because I was wrong, and all of this other basic baiting crap.

Needless to say I proved her wrong, but by all that is holy, we need to wipe this shitstain off of the fucking map. Anyone with me?

Sorry you had this experience. Can you recall the name of the guard who was spazzing OOC? A PM or discord message would be fine.

PzKkGz5.jpg

#32 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:33 PM

Sorry you had this experience. Can you recall the name of the guard who was spazzing OOC? A PM or discord message would be fine.

I can't recall the name of the guard but I'm confident that if you take a stroll throughout the town square during hosting hours, you might find him. He was wearing a more basic set of armor. Yellow or orange if I remember correctly.

And if you want to prevent this type of experience from happening to others, then please enforce some quality control instead of letting whoever can hold a weapon into your phase.
Deus Vult

#33 Gnomeferatu

Gnomeferatu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 07:50 PM

I can't recall the name of the guard but I'm confident that if you take a stroll throughout the town square during hosting hours, you might find him. He was wearing a more basic set of armor. Yellow or orange if I remember correctly.

And if you want to prevent this type of experience from happening to others, then please enforce some quality control instead of letting whoever can hold a weapon into your phase.

I think I know the person you're referring to. Thanks for the feedback, situation will be handled. 

PzKkGz5.jpg

#34 Titiantree

Titiantree

Elite Premium Member

• Donator
  • 2821 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:17 PM

the reason why i didnt want to reply to pewpew is because, as i predicted, a minute of my life was taken to read his post which didn't address anything i've said and, unfortunately, i will not be getting that minute back

#35 PewPewKapowy

PewPewKapowy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

@Titiantree You're the one who's not adressing anything buddy. And even though you say you didn't want to reply, you did so anyway. And by doing so you wasted another minute of your life writing the response.. This is gonna be my final post on this topic, and I hope you'll do the same, cause I'd hate to see you screw yourself over yet again.

giphy.gif

#36 cruise3174

cruise3174

the best of RPH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:48 PM

@Titiantree You're the one who's not adressing anything buddy. And even though you say you didn't want to reply, you did so anyway. And by doing so you wasted another minute of your life writing the response.. This is gonna be my final post on this topic, and I hope you'll do the same, cause I'd hate to see you screw yourself over yet again.

giphy.gif

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOY GOT OWNED!

#37 Titiantree

Titiantree

Elite Premium Member

• Donator
  • 2821 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

yea and i regretted replying to you because what you said didn't reply to me at all and, worse, now you think you schooled me or something, so not only are you wrong, you're lookin like this

34e7f65ea86b5b308a67426f07bfa8c0--buffal

#38 RoberTheForlorne

RoberTheForlorne

thiccest of roys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

PEOPLE ACTUALLY DEFEND THIS PHASE LIKE WTF

I am the thiccest.

I am the Roy.

I am the thiccest of Roys.

I am Thiccroy.

Relax

Writing a book, come and beta read it, why doncha?
https://rpheaven.org...ndpost&p=164027

Spoiler

My Stories

#39 Scales

Scales

Dargun Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1264 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

if you add a mic drop in any shape or form to your own post im pretty sure you just sacrificed any ability to be taken seriously
@Gnomeferatu while I don't like vampires your professionalism is appreciated

• PewPewKapowy likes this

d3d656a0e1.jpg

#40 Ghunny Boi

Ghunny Boi

not black

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

WoWScrnShot_093017_005316.jpgWoWScrnShot_093017_005321.jpg

WoWScrnShot_093017_005427.jpgWoWScrnShot_093017_005321.jpg

WoWScrnShot_093017_005549.jpgWoWScrnShot_093017_005555.jpgsometimes u gotta ask why

Screenshot_388.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Phase, Review, Phase Revie, Yall mind if I hit that YEET