Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

@  dr3ad : (18 June 2018 - 03:21 PM)

Donator Extended rank has been changed a bit. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (07 June 2018 - 10:24 PM)

RPHLite AddOn is now available for download, it's a must have addon and will ship with RPHTiny client by default from now on. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (31 May 2018 - 02:35 PM)

New reward Book Forge has been added! Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can get notified when player joins the phase if you're phase owner or have a rank. While having permission you can toggle messages with .toggleph

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can now auto promote players that join the phase with .ph auto #RankID command

@  dr3ad : (16 May 2018 - 11:52 PM)

.phase inplace command has been added that skips phase starting location (leaves you in place), however requires phase rank to use

@  dr3ad : (07 May 2018 - 09:53 AM)

Starting Area Contest has started and will last until 17th of May! View topic here.

@  dr3ad : (28 March 2018 - 08:57 AM)

Getting coins voting at XtremeTop100 fixed. Many additions to NPC Scripting. Check changelog.

@  dr3ad : (18 February 2018 - 06:31 PM)

Some NPC Script updates. Addition of Target Type "NPC with specific GUID" and Action "Pause Waypoint Movement", so now the scripts can finally target specific npc based on guid

@  dr3ad : (06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM)

Reminder that you can now chose in Rank Manager whether player can only manipulate (e.g delete) his own gobs/npcs. Phase owner can now also change color of specific phase ranks a.k.a name color in .ph ann

@  dr3ad : (25 December 2017 - 10:52 PM)

NPC scripts now work in all phases that you own, additionally phase ranks now contain "Can Use NPC Scripting" option, so everyone who has Scripting perk can now promote people and let them help with scripting the phase

Photo

More Complete NPC editing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Blaqlite

Blaqlite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:43 PM

As I invest more and more time creating dialogue for my NPCs, the amount of work that goes into re-creating them, if I notice something that needs to be changed, becomes greater. At a minimum, it would be nice to be able to change NPC weapons and factions. And, in a perfect world, It would be nice to never have to remake an NPC for any reason, being able to edit every bit of information that goes into creating them. If we're really pushing it, being able to edit NPC templates too.

• JaytonWatzz likes this

#2 Waroth

Waroth

Treacherous oath-breaking dog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1047 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:00 AM

I suppose it would be nice.

243lvh0.gif

Spoiler

#3 Antonius Augury

Antonius Augury

Magic Extraordinaire

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 02:43 AM

Isn't there an issue with caching that makes it so player clients will still see the old information unless they clear their cache?

• Kyuma likes this

TUov15t.png?1

Aliases

Dungeon Master - OOC Event Hoster

Draeir Dawnspear - High Elven Spearman

Salimus - Necromantic Apothecary

Spright Gearwobble - Battle-mage

#4 Blaqlite

Blaqlite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:13 AM

Isn't there an issue with caching that makes it so player clients will still see the old information unless they clear their cache?

From my experience, most changes that you make to an NPC, especially when changing names or dialogue, already require a cache clear. It's really just a part of designing more intricate NPCs. 

#5 dogabeey

dogabeey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:54 AM

NPC template editing DESPERATELY needs an edit & save as... function. This is way too irritating.

• Storrent likes this

giphy.gif

#6 Darkshade

Darkshade

Something's missing

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

i suggested something like a "save as" button for npc template before, so yes to that, but editing a template that has been created (has an id) would prolly also require a cache wipe, so to that, and everything about editing npcs, nah. making npcs is free iirc, just make a new one and delete the old one. tho maybe a "copy & edit" function could work for that. instead of having to remake it manually with mostly the same things, just copy the existing npc's data, redirect to a npc forge screen, and fill all the fields with the npc's values automatically for us to be able to change things. wouldn't require cache wipe so i think that'd be better.

Characters:

Spoiler

#7 Paragon Lightblade

Paragon Lightblade

Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 07:38 PM

Donators can currently change the faction of an NPC in game, any NPC, bound to phase, with !Npc set faction XXXX. They will save from crash to crash, etc and immediately update. 

"I regret only that I have one life to give for Stormwind, for my King, and for the Alliance." - Elliot Daneforth
"Even the most longed for changes have their melancholy, but still the hope for tomorrow always continues. And it is beautiful." - Dallin Manaheart
"It is a testament to the fallen, to urge us ever onward, to remind us that our hearts blaze a fire all their own and that the chill of the grave pales when exposed to the heats of life and love and passion. This blade is a reminder: a token that says "Our hearts will continue to beat and our lungs will draw breath ever onward to the dawn." It reminds us that so long as there is evil then the righteous shall stand up and oppose it. Simply put, this blade is hope." - Ada Roth, describing Esperanza, Lightblade's Remembrance.

#8 dr3ad

dr3ad

The Mightiest of All

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6578 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

i suggested something like a "save as" button for npc template before, so yes to that, but editing a template that has been created (has an id) would prolly also require a cache wipe, so to that, and everything about editing npcs, nah. making npcs is free iirc, just make a new one and delete the old one. tho maybe a "copy & edit" function could work for that. instead of having to remake it manually with mostly the same things, just copy the existing npc's data, redirect to a npc forge screen, and fill all the fields with the npc's values automatically for us to be able to change things. wouldn't require cache wipe so i think that'd be better.

i can make cache wipe on every login, so editing & save as template is definately possible & will be added soon

• Nortwin, Seriously Serious, Antonius Augury and 1 other like this