Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

@  dr3ad : (18 June 2018 - 03:21 PM)

Donator Extended rank has been changed a bit. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (07 June 2018 - 10:24 PM)

RPHLite AddOn is now available for download, it's a must have addon and will ship with RPHTiny client by default from now on. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (31 May 2018 - 02:35 PM)

New reward Book Forge has been added! Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can get notified when player joins the phase if you're phase owner or have a rank. While having permission you can toggle messages with .toggleph

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can now auto promote players that join the phase with .ph auto #RankID command

@  dr3ad : (16 May 2018 - 11:52 PM)

.phase inplace command has been added that skips phase starting location (leaves you in place), however requires phase rank to use

@  dr3ad : (07 May 2018 - 09:53 AM)

Starting Area Contest has started and will last until 17th of May! View topic here.

@  dr3ad : (28 March 2018 - 08:57 AM)

Getting coins voting at XtremeTop100 fixed. Many additions to NPC Scripting. Check changelog.

@  dr3ad : (18 February 2018 - 06:31 PM)

Some NPC Script updates. Addition of Target Type "NPC with specific GUID" and Action "Pause Waypoint Movement", so now the scripts can finally target specific npc based on guid

@  dr3ad : (06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM)

Reminder that you can now chose in Rank Manager whether player can only manipulate (e.g delete) his own gobs/npcs. Phase owner can now also change color of specific phase ranks a.k.a name color in .ph ann

@  dr3ad : (25 December 2017 - 10:52 PM)

NPC scripts now work in all phases that you own, additionally phase ranks now contain "Can Use NPC Scripting" option, so everyone who has Scripting perk can now promote people and let them help with scripting the phase

@  dr3ad : (04 December 2017 - 06:19 PM)

You can now browse already made NPC Templates and use their items while making a new NPC Template!

@  dr3ad : (02 December 2017 - 06:39 PM)

New command: .phase playlist #SoundID #LengthOfASongInSeconds will let you make phase playlists e.g 10 songs that will keep playing on loop from 1-10 and repeat. Every consecutive command use the song is added to the list. Use .phase pl clear to clear the playlist

Photo
- - - - -

Why are wow youtubers calling the draenor orcs mag'har orcs?

Fourth Allied Race Brown Orcs Being Slightly Triggered

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Collector

Collector

Your Friendly Lord of Change

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:05 PM

Ok, one thing that is really bugging me lately is many wow youtubers are calling the new draenor/brown orc allied race mag'har orcs.

This is bugging me for several reasons. One, the mag'har orcs were just one small clan of brown orcs found on nagrand that happened to avoid the legion's fel corruption due to the red pox illness and had to be exiled from the rest of the orc clans to avoid infecting them with the disease.

Two, the draenor orcs have many clans at their disposal in addition to the mag'har, clans for people who know warcraft lore should know about and be very well aware of.

My question for all of this is why are they calling draenor/brown orcs mag'har orcs, is it because blizzard themselves are calling the draenor orcs mag'har orcs? if so I am seriously disappointed at that.

#2 Tevildo

Tevildo

'Elga Chamo

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:07 PM

Mag'har means uncorrupted. For all purpouses and uses, those orcs are mag'har, uncorrupted orcs. regardless of being AU or not. Mag'har is not necessarely the clan on Outland. Mag'har literally translates to uncorrupted in Orcish.

And its not the youtubers who say it like that. Ion Hazzikostas, current game director of WoW, identified them as Mag'har orcs in the first place, because, on an Azerothian standpoint, they are Mag'har

• Red Dorage, PewPewKapowy, Mallithios and 4 others like this

unknown.png

#3 Erkorr

Erkorr

punished forum alt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:10 PM

because theyre called mag'har orcs ingame too

#4 Collector

Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:12 PM

Mag'har means uncorrupted. For all purpouses and uses, those orcs are mag'har, uncorrupted orcs. regardless of being AU or not. Mag'har is not necessarely the clan on Outland. Mag'har literally translates to uncorrupted in Orcish.

But it literally says here that the mag'har were one exiled clan of brown orcs on nagrand and are not every brown orc: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mag%27har it literally doesn't mention anywhere that the mag'har were every uncorrupted orc on draenor.

Hopefully I am getting ahead of myself and the new allied race will be called brown orcs or draenor orcs.

edit: and my disappointment levels have risen yet again as I just found another page that was posted recently that says the brown orcs were called mag'har, even though they should just be called draenor orcs and not what was some random clan on nagrand. This is exactly why you shouldn't trust blizzard with story, this is nearly as disappointing as how they made Zul a generic rambling servant of the old gods when he was much more interesting as an exiled prophet who no-one believed or understood.

#5 Tevildo

Tevildo

'Elga Chamo

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:17 PM

But it literally says here that the mag'har were one exiled clan of brown orcs on nagrand and are not every brown orc: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mag%27har it literally doesn't mention anywhere that the mag'har were every uncorrupted orc on draenor. Hopefully I am getting ahead of myself and the new allied race will be called brown orcs or draenor orcs.

Again, Mag'har, in orcish, literally translates to uncorrupted. And we know this since TBC. The clan of outland called themselves the mag'har "The Uncorrupted" referencing to the fact that they are NOT green. The word still means "Uncorrupted". Every orc that its not green and its on its natural colors its rightfully and already stablished in lore as a Mag'har, an uncorrupted, orc.

unknown.png

unknown.png

#6 Tevildo

Tevildo

'Elga Chamo

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:30 PM

and my disappointment levels have risen yet again as I just found another page that was posted recently that says the brown orcs were called mag'har, even though they should just be called draenor orcs and not what was some random clan on nagrand.

Dude wtf? Mag'har is a thing as a word since TBC what drugs you on about? The clan on draenor is literally called after a simple orcish word. What are they gonna call them? "Un-green orcs?" Because Draenor orcs or brown orcs are retarded names. Mag'har is an already stablished word of the orcish language since TBC and it applies to every brown orc SINCE TBC.

Jesus, this just shows how stupidily bitchy a part of the community is and why they should be ignored.

unknown.png

#7 LGRP3

LGRP3

Donator Extended

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:39 PM

is this a troll?

as said above mag'har = uncorrupted. AU draenorcs = uncorrupted

fuck off

#8 Onyx

Onyx

professional idiot

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

Mag'har the Outland faction and the Mag'har Orcs are different, they're simply.. well, as everyone else said, uncorrupted.

Watcher even clarified that in a stream. The Mag'har Orcs we recruit are from Draenor's clans, simply referred to the Mag'har due to the fact that they are Uncorrupted Draenor Orcs.

• Ancient of Lore likes this

Unnecessary long list of characters here. Click at own risk. Yes there's A LOT of Elves okay.

Spoiler

8.jpg

#9 Beast

Beast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:05 PM

mag'har orcs are uncorrupted orcs. the mag'har clan or faction or whatever, if you can even call it that, consists of many orcs from all the other clans that did not get corrupted and did not fight in the wars due to the red pox. 

therefore, the youtubers are correct. any orc that's not green or any shade of green - mag'har orc.

#10 James Willhelm

James Willhelm

Adventure Company

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:07 PM

But it literally says here that the mag'har were one exiled clan of brown orcs on nagrand and are not every brown orc: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mag%27har it literally doesn't mention anywhere that the mag'har were every uncorrupted orc on draenor.

You uh- You didn't read properly there my dude. First line. VERY TOP OF THE PAGE.

"This article is about the Mag'har faction lore. For the uncorrupted orcs, see Mag'har orc."

So https://wow.gamepedi...com/Mag'har_orc is the page you want to look at, cause otherwise you are purely looking at the faction, not the race.

26.jpg

#11 Collector

Collector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:13 PM

You uh- You didn't read properly there my dude. First line. VERY TOP OF THE PAGE.

"This article is about the Mag'har faction lore. For the uncorrupted orcs, see Mag'har orc."

So https://wow.gamepedi...com/Mag'har_orc is the page you want to look at, cause otherwise you are purely looking at the faction, not the race.

If you looked at my edit on that post you will see that I noticed this and expressed my feelings towards it.

I say just name your uncorrupted orc character's race by the clan they came from.

#12 Tevildo

Tevildo

'Elga Chamo

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:17 PM

I say just name your uncorrupted orc character's race by the clan they came from.

Green orcs can come from different clans. They are still green.

Uncorrupted orcs are a thing of the past in Azeroth, they are rare and should be classified under Mag'har regardless.

unknown.png

#13 Throren Stonehammer

Throren Stonehammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:40 PM

also from the BfA datamining it says in wake of the burning legion invasion, all the orc clans on AU dreanor joined together as one single joint tribe and named themselves the Mag'har tribe and are led by Warchief Grom. 

the_hammer_strikes_hard_on_the_iron_by_a

#14 SalineSeas

SalineSeas

unfunny autist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:29 AM

"i do not like your name, so i'll call you by a different one which is essentially the same and not really different, but it isn't the first name so that's ok with me, all because i can't fucking read"

get a brain, baby boy

i'm in your area

#15 Illarian

Illarian

Alt-Right Night Elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:55 AM

Everything AU, including the brown orcs is just awful. Blizzard gonna retcon us destroying the Dark Portal as well I'd imagine.

joined together as one single joint tribe and named themselves the Mag'har tribe and are led by Warchief Grom. 

The cringe, the fanservice. The very same guy who declared an all-out war on all the clans who refused to join his first attempt at uniting them all under the Iron Horde, I bet the Frostwolves were overjoyed.

wei-wang-2012-warcraft-042-traveler-001-

#16 Destruin

Destruin

Memelock

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

Also lets not mention the mag'har isnt even an 'exiled clan' idk where your wowpedia post got that from. It was a relief camp, a spot to send the red pox victims, so they don't infect others, and also obtain the aid of the shamans there; because of this also, people hid their children here they didn't want to get involved. That's why you have Thrall's grandma, a frostwolf, Greatmother Geyah at the helm, then what's this Garrosh Hellscream, warsong? Just to name a few more to prove the point Jorin Deadeye, Kilrogg's kid; Bleeding Hollow, and obviously Dranosh; Blackrock. But mag'har means uncorrupted, so aka all the draenor orcs from the allied race are mag'har, would they like use the term themselves? No because to them its not like the mag'har are some minority group like they are in our timeline.

Edit: Just saw collector's edit, late to the party rip.

d89e5e1536134af6b8bff4e762e96779.png

7ea0db425a3f474b9a87c622a665ed07.png

unknown.png

#17 Floflo

Floflo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:41 PM

estupido

• Destruin and Tevildo like this

Characters