Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

@  dr3ad : (18 June 2018 - 03:21 PM)

Donator Extended rank has been changed a bit. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (07 June 2018 - 10:24 PM)

RPHLite AddOn is now available for download, it's a must have addon and will ship with RPHTiny client by default from now on. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (31 May 2018 - 02:35 PM)

New reward Book Forge has been added! Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can get notified when player joins the phase if you're phase owner or have a rank. While having permission you can toggle messages with .toggleph

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can now auto promote players that join the phase with .ph auto #RankID command

@  dr3ad : (16 May 2018 - 11:52 PM)

.phase inplace command has been added that skips phase starting location (leaves you in place), however requires phase rank to use

@  dr3ad : (07 May 2018 - 09:53 AM)

Starting Area Contest has started and will last until 17th of May! View topic here.

@  dr3ad : (28 March 2018 - 08:57 AM)

Getting coins voting at XtremeTop100 fixed. Many additions to NPC Scripting. Check changelog.

@  dr3ad : (18 February 2018 - 06:31 PM)

Some NPC Script updates. Addition of Target Type "NPC with specific GUID" and Action "Pause Waypoint Movement", so now the scripts can finally target specific npc based on guid

@  dr3ad : (06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM)

Reminder that you can now chose in Rank Manager whether player can only manipulate (e.g delete) his own gobs/npcs. Phase owner can now also change color of specific phase ranks a.k.a name color in .ph ann

@  dr3ad : (25 December 2017 - 10:52 PM)

NPC scripts now work in all phases that you own, additionally phase ranks now contain "Can Use NPC Scripting" option, so everyone who has Scripting perk can now promote people and let them help with scripting the phase

@  dr3ad : (04 December 2017 - 06:19 PM)

You can now browse already made NPC Templates and use their items while making a new NPC Template!

@  dr3ad : (02 December 2017 - 06:39 PM)

New command: .phase playlist #SoundID #LengthOfASongInSeconds will let you make phase playlists e.g 10 songs that will keep playing on loop from 1-10 and repeat. Every consecutive command use the song is added to the list. Use .phase pl clear to clear the playlist

Photo
- - - - -

How to find items with model viewer

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Goudy

Goudy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

Wanna find a easy way to find matching items for your character?
If your answer is yes, then I suggest you start using model viewer.

1. Start with dowloading Model Viewer
https://wowmodelview...23950828&api=v2
You could try any version around the net but this one is the one I'm currently using myself.

2. Start it and select your WoW folder.

3. Click yes that you want to load WoW right now.

4. Click Character and go down to the race you want the items to display on.
Once you are done selecting race it will look somewhat like the following.
5ZF7Y9B.png

5. Tweak the options to whatever you want. You can make it look your in game character or anything you wish.

6. Once you are done with your tweaking go to shoulder
Keep in mind that I will show how to to this with shoulder in this tutorial but it's exactly the same for example head.
BNRD64p.png

7. Unclick everything but Miscellaneous.

8. A window will appear, click on anything in the list and you will see that it appears on your character.
zs9rGi2.png

9. Find the item you want to equip and then press ok.

10. Next to shoulder there is now text. NPC11297 is the name of my item and 35727 is the shoulder displayid. The numbers inside brackets are always the displayids.
Vq5kuVf.png

11. Copy the displayid and then go to RPHeavens Armor Forge and use the diplayid.

That's all that is needed to use WoW Model Viewer to find displayids.

If you need any help feel free to ask in the topic.

• Vraul Jawrip, Witch, Ksareon and 7 others like this

#2 Guest_Nortwin_*

Guest_Nortwin_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

first

GJ. this surely will be helpful for many *looks at shit valken*

you can also just type NPC in the filter instead of unticking

#3 Witch

Witch

Banned

• Banned
  • 1896 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

Excellently written and surely a helpful guide!

Thank you and good work! I'm going to try it out now. :)

Be sure to check out Roleplay Heaven's Wiki and contribute to the role-playing community!

Have a question or concern? Send me a private message!

#4 loken

loken

The Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2722 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

Great job!

#5 Goudy

Goudy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1565 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

If you got any questions, feel free to ask in this topic so I or others can help you.

#6 Shaya

Shaya

Shaya

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:58 PM

Edit:

You have to use File -> discovery items, if you don't do that - you will only see a few normal items... 

(found it out now)

RPH Custom Item List

Main Rig (old)
pj1tav.png

#7 Amyn

Amyn

Voldemort's Daughter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

How cool! Now I see what's the strange program for. 

#8 Goudy

Goudy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1565 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:54 AM

I have updated the download link to use the lastest version of model viewer since the old download didn't work with MOP.

You might want to drag the character window out from its default location and increase the size of it since some item names are too large.

#9 Bloodjaw

Bloodjaw

RPH Member since February 2012

• Donator
  • 1780 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

I used the latest download but I still cant find the Sha-claws or Shado-pan cowls..

Active Characters
                             Chor - Tauren - The Thunder Wolves
                                                    Saira - Blue Dragon - Scalesworn Legacy
                                                   Nathrusor - Green Dragon - Scalesworn Legacy
                                                    ---------------------------------------------------------

#10 Information Bot

Information Bot

Got banned providing you with information

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

Because Model Viewer was never properly designed for Mists of Pandaria. It works, but many of the functions do not. 

Be sure to check out the wiki!

#11 Karn Swifthoof

Karn Swifthoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

Hello!

I have small issue here. In my Miscellaneus category I have very few items, on screens sent by Cpt. Bob there are lots of them. How can find those NPC item models?

#12 Goudy

Goudy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1565 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

Hello!

I have small issue here. In my Miscellaneus category I have very few items, on screens sent by Cpt. Bob there are lots of them. How can find those NPC item models?

I believe their names got changed and moved from miscellaneous to other categories

#13 Lorthermur Pendragon

Lorthermur Pendragon

Former Scourgelord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

Great guide... it is the first time I use this feature, I tried before, but for some reason it didnt work. Luckily with your help, I was able to get it working.

Really cool feature, just one question. I know this is meant for items...but what about npcs? Would it be possible to create npcs with the items we add in Model Viewer?
I realize it might not be that simple, but still could there be a way?

#14 loken

loken

The Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2722 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:55 PM

Great guide... it is the first time I use this feature, I tried before, but for some reason it didnt work. Luckily with your help, I was able to get it working.

Really cool feature, just one question. I know this is meant for items...but what about npcs? Would it be possible to create npcs with the items we add in Model Viewer?
I realize it might not be that simple, but still could there be a way?

You mean like custom-clothed NPC? Doubt it, unless a patch, I guess.

#15 Imperius

Imperius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

Do not forget to go to file, and clik on discovery item and discovery npc first, so you can see all the items and npcs.

#16 Thalius

Thalius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:38 PM

Glad someone made a topic about that.

I've been using that for years but there's a strange thing:

The NPC items are now named "Martin Fury" and "artin Fury". Plus there are missing a lot unknown id's.

Not that is a big deal for me, the thing is I can't find the list of displayids attached to the names of .m2 names, as example "buckle_panda_a_02_brown.m2"

Hope there's a solution for that because a lot sets I've designed depends on these items.

Signaturesmaller.png

#17 Information Bot

Information Bot

Got banned providing you with information

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:14 PM

it's because mop model viewer sucks, prob can't be fixed
Be sure to check out the wiki!

#18 RichHomieVoraka

RichHomieVoraka

drugs

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

Helpful 

Voraka Zin'rah - Gurubashi Warlord X

Jokbawa - Jungle Troll Cannibal X

Shylialeas Darkeye

Rocket Fizzwatts

#19 Tenou

Tenou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:28 AM

I am using this to dress up my characters,copying the ID and then going to the game and using the command .add

the problem is that sometimes when i do it, it says something like "invalid ID (number of ID)" is it because when the program asks if i want to download enUS i say no? or is there another kind of error?

on the other side,thank you very much for this, it's really helpful

#20 Witch

Witch

Banned

• Banned
  • 1896 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:02 AM

I am using this to dress up my characters,copying the ID and then going to the game and using the command .add
the problem is that sometimes when i do it, it says something like "invalid ID (number of ID)" is it because when the program asks if i want to download enUS i say no? or is there another kind of error?

on the other side,thank you very much for this, it's really helpful

Not all of the items in WMV exist in the game as obtainable items. Items like these have no entry ID and cannot be added unless you create unique entries for them with our Item Forge feature.

Be sure to check out Roleplay Heaven's Wiki and contribute to the role-playing community!

Have a question or concern? Send me a private message!