NEXT TOURNAMENT: TBA @ 8:30 PM / 20:30 SERVER TIME
HOSTED BY: MR. SANDMAN
DMs / OFFICERS: REBO OLDBUCK
In the shadow of Blackrock Mountain, a cacophonous carnival of chaos, carnage and cheers erupt within its depths...
Igneus Gorehammer, the High-Thane of Shadowforge City and Regent Lord over the Dark Iron people, cordially invites combatants from all-over Azeroth to test their mettle and skills against the like-minded, or simply observe the carnage, in the bi-weekly Grimswing Tournament!
NOTE: While we will begin hosting the arena normally on off-days, the Tournament hosted on weekends is an event in and of itself, not an ongoing RP. It will last several hours typically, server be willing. So please, do not participate in the arena if you have plans; however, I'll understand if something comes up.
The Tournament is cut up into three rounds, spanning over the course of an evening.
The Entry Round, or round one, is a round of free-for-all combat where anyone can participate. From here, people are selected to go into the next round.
The Divisional Round, also known as the Semifinals, is the heart of the tournament. The winners of round one (a minimum of 4 is required, with the maximum number of participants can go up to 8) are pit against one-another in a bracketed battle of single elimination. The winners of this round move on to the last round.
The Championship Round, also known as the Grand Finals, is the epilogue to the tournament. Like last round, it is single elimination and the last man standing will be crowned as the Champion of that tournament.
For the three finalists, they gain the following rewards...
1st Place: "Grimswing Champion"
2,500 Gold Pieces
x3 Honorary Grimswing Items
x1 Pendant of the Grimswing Champion EXCLUSIVE
2nd Place: "Grimswing Hero"
1,250 Gold Pieces
x1 Honorary Grimswing Item
3rd Place: "Grimswing Finalist"
625 Gold Pieces
Each match is, OOCly, 15 minutes each. And for every 5 minutes that pass there will be a check for who has taken damage, and there will be 1 point awarded for the one who is least damaged in the 5 minute interval. Whoever has the most points at the end of the 15 minutes wins, or until one of the two combatants are rendered unconscious or they yield.
A match is typically non-lethal unless specified to be a death match, which must be accepted by both parties. Any death outside of the death match forces the winner to pay the tournament 150 gold in reparations and healing. If someone dies in a death match, they forefeit all of their personal belongings which will be split between the victor (if they choose) and the tournament.
Alternatively, a match may be determined by a personalized rolling system that you can read below.
- Haste is the pace, and an emote cannot be longer than 2 paragraphs in length. Any emote that is longer than 3 will be ignored and avoided. Keep it short and punchy, now!
- /yell emotes are a requirement while in the ring, so that everyone can see your emotes in combat.
- Keep OOC within party chat, or at least keep it out of phase announce or /say. A warning will be given for the first offense, and a kick will be given for the second.
- Don't be a shitter. You're responsible for your own actions.
- If you can conjure a Chaos Bolt from thin air, you have no business here.
- Please do not interrupt an arena match with a brawl that isn't part of the tournament. If it is a demon or the like, please tell the guards / officers and let them deal with it. Otherwise, be a self-respecting player and ambush them outside the arena grounds. Any fighting will be immediately halted and both parties will be removed from the phase.