Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

@  dr3ad : (18 June 2018 - 03:21 PM)

Donator Extended rank has been changed a bit. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (07 June 2018 - 10:24 PM)

RPHLite AddOn is now available for download, it's a must have addon and will ship with RPHTiny client by default from now on. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (31 May 2018 - 02:35 PM)

New reward Book Forge has been added! Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can get notified when player joins the phase if you're phase owner or have a rank. While having permission you can toggle messages with .toggleph

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can now auto promote players that join the phase with .ph auto #RankID command

@  dr3ad : (16 May 2018 - 11:52 PM)

.phase inplace command has been added that skips phase starting location (leaves you in place), however requires phase rank to use

@  dr3ad : (07 May 2018 - 09:53 AM)

Starting Area Contest has started and will last until 17th of May! View topic here.

@  dr3ad : (28 March 2018 - 08:57 AM)

Getting coins voting at XtremeTop100 fixed. Many additions to NPC Scripting. Check changelog.

@  dr3ad : (18 February 2018 - 06:31 PM)

Some NPC Script updates. Addition of Target Type "NPC with specific GUID" and Action "Pause Waypoint Movement", so now the scripts can finally target specific npc based on guid

@  dr3ad : (06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM)

Reminder that you can now chose in Rank Manager whether player can only manipulate (e.g delete) his own gobs/npcs. Phase owner can now also change color of specific phase ranks a.k.a name color in .ph ann

@  dr3ad : (25 December 2017 - 10:52 PM)

NPC scripts now work in all phases that you own, additionally phase ranks now contain "Can Use NPC Scripting" option, so everyone who has Scripting perk can now promote people and let them help with scripting the phase

Photo

The Farsight

Horde Non-Ooga booga RP The Farsight

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tevildo

Tevildo

'Elga Chamo

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:27 PM

Placed inside various inns and taverns, upon several posts and boards, in different settlements across Durotar, The barrens, Stonetalon and others; parchments make an invitation for the denizens of the lands of the horde.

unknown.png

inv_misc_scrollunrolled03.jpg OOC INFORMATION inv_misc_scrollunrolled03.jpg

The Farsight is a horde guild  that focuses on apparent simplicity and stars the marvels of the every day whilst striving for entertaining, organic and cohesive experiences of Sword and Sorcery. The guild, bluntly said, consists of a journalistic business and group which will try to tackle social problematics of the people of the horde while keeping action and adventure elements; from investigations of problems in villages to ascertainment of groups or diseases, or simple interviews of individuals and other happenings of azeroth. The duty is to communicate.

Born as a reaction after Garrosh's tyranny, in retrospective of the general repudation of information during his rule; The Farsight's goal is to combat this, attempting to create an effective tool to spread information to the people of the horde. The players will traverse from the humble beginnings of such a group, confronting the day to day of horde society, acknowledging problematics, discovering disident groups and evolve to inform about war and perhaps meddle in political affairs; all hindered by all present obstacles as the journalists will dare to dive in controversy and the perils of meddling in dangerous affairs.

achievement_bg_getxflags_no_die.jpg EASE UP, SOLDIER.

This is NOT a military guild, this won't be a military guild nor its members will be part of a military. All of the players in this guild will be, strictively, citizens of the horde. We are not the forces assigned or allowed to start conflict nor vigilantes.

achievement_bg_ab_kill_in_mine.jpg KILL SHIT, GET LOOT!!! (no)

Events will try to NOT be focused on combat, instead focusing on other aspects of an adventure. Progress will try to go toward personal growth, avoiding raw power increases. While combat may erupt, this ain’t a guild for you to KILL KILL KILL.

achievement_boss_patchwerk.jpg SO CAN I BRING MY UNDEAD QUARTER-ORC?

This guild will only allow the base races (Green Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Forsaken, Blood Elves, Goblins and Pandaren). Allied races are not allowed for now.  --- NO DEATH KNIGHTS OR DEMON HUNTERS

achievement_guildperk_everyones-a-hero_r HAVE A REASON TO BE HERE.

Have a cohesive reason to be IC interested in the guild. Remember that magic-users often have preset conventional intentionalities and purposes; so try to come up with a good reason as to why they would join a simple business such as this. Are you a goblin with little opportunities which only found this for job? A retired Tauren Sunwalker who seeks a new way in life? A criminal hiding below everyone’s noses? Or an idealist who seeks to add and contribute to the initiative?

inv_misc_scrollrolled01c.jpg SO WHERE DO I SIGN UP?

I am currently looking for ONLY 5 PLAYERS. This guild’s RP will be completely private, I will be the only DM and I am only looking for a small party for it to be as enjoyable as possible. To apply, post the following on this thread, DM it to me on my forum account or on my Discord (Tevildo#0501):

Spoiler

Remember: Blood Elves aren’t the only race of the horde. One of the most IMPORTANT factors is to be consistent with your character; preferably you will only have one character for this and nothing else, so please choose a character that you enjoy playing.

unknown.png

Send feedback and questions my way any time.

• Dove, Bruce, Ezcu and 3 others like this

unknown.png

#2 Tevildo

Tevildo

'Elga Chamo

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 July 2018 - 10:29 PM

Reserved

unknown.png

#3 Esadan

Esadan

Invader of China

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:01 AM

Cool

Horde rp is the shit

The aspect of a journalistic guild doesn't really personally appeal to me, however

Good luck anyway

• Tevildo likes this

imagine unironically being a roleplayer

#4 Red Dorage

Red Dorage

Dorange

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:41 AM

can i bring my half troll quarter orc quarter ogre daughter with me

• Tevildo likes this

dorage.png

Spoiler

#5 Deylen/Biggrouse

Deylen/Biggrouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:18 AM

The goals sound sorta convoluted. I don't mean that as an insult, I just don't fully understand this group's motivations, especially the way it's described in the IC letter. Could we get more information on the group and what they're intending to do, and why? 

Like they're trying to encourage the spread of information in the Horde? Are they starting a newspaper, with the characters as sort of hands-on journalists who try to help the places they visit? What kind of information are they trying to spread? Political happenings? Word from the battlefront? Teachings on history? Mundane, day-to-day news? Facilitate trade? Why, and how, are they going to spread this? 

In the current way it's described the guild seems really out of place in a society like the Horde. I may just be misunderstanding it. I am not by any means trying to come off as offensive, I'm excited to see more Horde RP but I'm more confused than anything else after reading over the post a few times. 

• Brotherman Billbong, Esadan and Tevildo like this

#6 RoberTheForlorne

RoberTheForlorne

thiccest of roys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:52 AM

Player: Thiccroy (Commonly Known) | SmileKnight (In-Game)

Character Name: The Smiling Knight | Lorik Blightstag

Race: Forsaken

Class: Swordmaster

Abilities & skills: Advanced mathematics, Fear-tactics, Swordsmanship, fencing, Strategy, Linguistics, Crossbow Mastery, Smiling.

How active are you with this character?: Depends on the number of events from this guild, really. It's mostly an alt.

Background:

Born in Lordaeron, dead in Lordaeron. That's what Lorik mostly remembers from his past, before being submerged into captivity by the Lich King and later on freed by Sylvanas, the Banshee Queen. The Dark Lady then accepted Lorik's blade as a Deathguard, to safeguard the Forsaken peoples from those that abandoned and threw them away. Lorik found himself amidst war. Tirisfal, Silverpine, Hillsbrad, even beyond the Dark Portal, once. Soon enough, he had served with a Kor'kron Legion in Pandaria, and there he had almost died once more.

Having narrowly survived, he crawled back to the Northern Eastern Kingdoms, but after almost two months of silence, he deserted. Killing five other brothers in death before jumping on a boat, with a smile on his face. Now deserted and on the run, he hides under a hood and smile, as he has disfigured some parts of himself, even transformed his voice and speaking pattern to attune his new way of life... A mundane way of life. He doesn't know what's coming to him, searching you these "Farsights" but he knows it's one step into a simpler life and world for this Old War Dog.

aHr5N3E.png

• Tevildo likes this

i am the thiccest

i a m the roy

i am the thiccest of roys.

Characters:

Talos 'Snowboar' - Leader of the Alteraci (Fall of Arathor character)

Lorik Blightstag - the Smiling Knight, in the past. (Operation: Conquest Character)

Matthew, the Last Guardian. ( DM Character for Phase. Link Below)

qwe30Ib.png

#7 Brotherman Billbong

Brotherman Billbong

female dogs and garden tools

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1405 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:06 AM

The concept is pretty curious at first, but goals don't seem to be very clear. First what I'm getting is that they're journalists, then adventurers too apparently. Are you planning to make a novice explorer group, seeing how you plan to face off threats that seem lesser if to lean off current WoW standards? It's all fine, I am just very curious where this guild will go.

• Tevildo likes this

rock it video game players

#8 The Pen

The Pen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 01:59 PM

Seems fine but-... Why name it 'The Farsight'?

Who the hell cares about pens and imaginations when you have Shahnaz and his Sex Slavery to make your signature funny.

8f2e54f5cd39f5afd2a1eae0592c37cf.png
UOjH3k1.png
qnHul3t.png
f18ecd1ef287b355add61142a17c258c.png
effde5539e45695e12b8cc5d0d0a3843.png

#9 Tevildo

Tevildo

'Elga Chamo

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:05 PM

The goals sound sorta convoluted.

The concept is pretty curious at first, but goals don't seem to be very clear.

Aight. First of all thanks for the feedback, I'll edit the post so its more clear.

"The Farsight", ultimately, intends to become a steady source of information and novelty for the citizens of the horde. Helpful and adjuvant. It intends to combat repudation and give insight in the form of a type of gazette/newspaper, attempting to actively and directly attribute to the spread of information in the horde. The ultimate goal would be to create an effective tool from which the people of the horde can gain knowledge and insight about what happens around them and farther; perhaps Urtok the exotic weed vendor in Durotar finds useful to know that  a bunch of thunder lizards have gone on rampage in Stonetalon lately and maybe that's the reason he hasn't got his weed from his provider just yet. Or perhaps information of a surging disident group would be crucial to the chief of a village.

The players would be indeed hands-on journalists,  if they want to help, that's on them. But ultimately their only duty is to acquire and process information and of course there will be obstacles that will try to prevent this end.

What kind of information are they trying to spread? Political happenings? Word from the battlefront? Teachings on history? Mundane, day-to-day news? Facilitate trade? Why, and how, are they going to spread this?

It will eventually touch about any of those subjects, at first it will be focusing on day to day news but as the guild goes on it can become novelty about war and politics, their range and influence will increase with progression. Perhaps they will uncover a secret plot against an area or battle head to head against a journalist's worst enemy: Censorship. About how they spread it, I think its better to leave that IC as it is more or less a plot device; but there's a process.

In the current way it's described the guild seems really out of place in a society like the Horde.

I would rather say that it is unusual. Its not something you would see and immediately think of the horde. BUT generalization shouldn't really apply to a faction as diverse as the Alliance really, the people of the horde each has their own minds going on and "The Farsight" is born from that exactly. It is ultimately a project born of idealism and need of communication.

First what I'm getting is that they're journalists, then adventurers too apparently. Are you planning to make a novice explorer group

No at all. The players IC aren't intended at all to be explorers or adventurers, they would be only following their respective job. The events overall however will try to keep elements from action and adventure genres. They will face threats yes, but just not as far as to rose extravagancy. The best way I can explain it is by retelling value; It won't be like "I once defeated a high officer of the legion and therefore stopped an invasion point that could doom everything but then an infinite dragon turned back time", instead it strives for "I was once taking a ship to X and there was a mutiny, however we managed to stop them with some talk... And kicks to the gut".

I hope I answered all your questions, if any more please do ask. I'll update post.

unknown.png

#10 Tevildo

Tevildo

'Elga Chamo

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:09 PM

Seems fine but-... Why name it 'The Farsight'?

That goes way back. And i'd tell you to find out IC really. But this name, OOCly speaking, simply originated from the shaman spell "Farsight".

unknown.png

#11 Tevildo

Tevildo

'Elga Chamo

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 03:42 PM

Updated the IC post and some OOC information.

unknown.png

#12 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

Pirate millionaire | Navy Enemy #1 | The Lunatic

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:24 PM

Why don't ye just use a spyglass, matey?

• Tevildo likes this

I have made countless, high-quality builds on RPH that generally sit deserted due to my IRL schedule. I dont like public rp or hosting, but I want my builds to be used by people, whatever they might want to use them for. If you are bad at building, but have great ideas for phases, guilds or storylines, hit me up, and I can make a phase copy that you can transfer into yours.
My phases are 1122 and 5012. They have a lot of areas, so ask for teleports if you wish to see more.

Character biographies:

Spoiler

Find me online on the following characters:
Freebooter - DM Character for The Golden Age

The Ugly - Character for Manifest Destiny
Woodglue - Building Character
DJ Pirate - Alt account

#13 The Pen

The Pen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:37 PM

That goes way back. And i'd tell you to find out IC really. But this name, OOCly speaking, simply originated from the shaman spell "Farsight".

That's exactly why it struck me odd to have a civilian guild named that. But that's just me and my fetish for deep meaning names.

• Tevildo likes this

Who the hell cares about pens and imaginations when you have Shahnaz and his Sex Slavery to make your signature funny.

8f2e54f5cd39f5afd2a1eae0592c37cf.png
UOjH3k1.png
qnHul3t.png
f18ecd1ef287b355add61142a17c258c.png
effde5539e45695e12b8cc5d0d0a3843.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Horde, Non-Ooga booga RP, The Farsight