Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (09 March 2019 - 08:53 PM)

Fixed some crashes, almost 2 days uptime now.

@  dr3ad : (24 November 2018 - 01:38 PM)

Couple of thousand new/missing gameobjects have been added. Check out the full list here.

@  dr3ad : (23 November 2018 - 02:56 PM)

Fixed 'failed to retrieve' pw field in account panel.

@  dr3ad : (17 November 2018 - 06:41 PM)

Server is once again online and website is back up and running, so you can login/register. 7.3.5 changelog can be viewed here.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Changelog coming soon.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Server is online. Download new client here https://rpheaven.org...nnection-guide/

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 07:44 PM)

Server is undergoing restart and updating to 7.3.5, new client link will be posted in a bit. Stay tuned.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Do not build anything important starting from now as we're taking backup and upgrading to 7.3.5 first in the next couple of days, as a part of transition to BFA.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Fixed Sign Maker in Gameobject Forge.

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

@  dr3ad : (18 June 2018 - 03:21 PM)

Donator Extended rank has been changed a bit. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (07 June 2018 - 10:24 PM)

RPHLite AddOn is now available for download, it's a must have addon and will ship with RPHTiny client by default from now on. Read more here.

Photo

Is The Army of The Light exclusive to draenei?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 mfcb95

mfcb95

Donator Extended

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:28 PM

I read some stuff on wowpedia...

Heard stuff from other players...

Really I just wanna get my facts right, I don't even want to create a non-draenei member, just want clarification

• Illarian likes this

#2 Ghunny Boi

Ghunny Boi

not black

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:40 PM

probably

• Clara likes this

#3 Sitra

Sitra

my dick so big it wears socks and shoes

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:41 PM

3e7b39fa27b73d62fa2380f35ae186c2.png
One.

But watch people make themselves special cases anyway.

• Runicstorm, donutez and yorellie like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 just 'Neth'

just 'Neth'

Master Creator, Host and Script-fanatic

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1965 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:52 PM

3e7b39fa27b73d62fa2380f35ae186c2.png
One.

But watch people make themselves special cases anyway.

there's two, but the other one is in the byewell

• TheKaldorei1, Sashka5337, Kyuma and 6 others like this

My most active characters:

|  -   Netharion (Building char/DM)

|  -   Ryan Willington

|  -   Seren Niles

#5 Illarian

Illarian

Alt-Right Night Elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:54 PM

It was exclusive to Draenei because it was founded from the Draenei survivors of Argus who remained on the Xenedar when the Genedar originally split in two.

As @Sitra pointed out however, members of other races have joined up too. That tells me that their doors aren't closed to Draenei-only. I could totally see a human paladin who fought on Argus side by side with the Lightforged and most importantly Turalyon, this badass legendary human paladin who inspired many to follow his path in the past, would probably inspire more to follow now as well.

Also the Army of the Light is now Alliance-only, which means no-one from the red side of the planet can join anymore.

wei-wang-2012-warcraft-042-traveler-001-

#6 Illarian

Illarian

Alt-Right Night Elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:58 PM

I guess it becomes an issue when everyone starts creating non-Draenei Army of the Light members.

It's like the High Elves, it's completely plausible for you to play a High Elf, but when people start doing it in such high numbers it's...meh.

• Savage Arrow likes this

#7 Sitra

Sitra

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:56 PM

As @Sitra pointed out however, members of other races have joined up too.

To clarify, I was rather pointing out that a whole three individuals were allowed membership rather than "members of other races have joined up too", so quite the opposite of what you're saying. Two of those individuals joined due to Xe'ra's personal request/plea. So no, I don't believe more races are allowed to join the Army of Light. Xe'ra handpicked those that weren't the draenei. After Legion's defeat there simply isn't enough data to confirm that other races were allowed to be members of it once they became a part of the Alliance.

• Hey Its Kaza likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Clara

Clara

still living in 2009

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:06 PM

yeah there's membership, which is exclusive to the draenei and such, and then there's reputation within

assuming this is from the conversation i heard in start

• Sitra likes this

#9 Generic DH

Generic DH

Break

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:07 PM

exclusive to futas

wZimAAY.gif

#10 Illarian

Illarian

Alt-Right Night Elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:11 PM

there simply isn't enough data to confirm that other races were allowed to be members

There is no data to suggest otherwise either (Since others have joined, regardless of why)

So why does it not sound plausible for you for a paladin to follow Turalyon's footsteps and join the Army of the Light? The scenario which I described. Or perhaps a Draenei from the Exodar, wanting to take a more direct approach to his faith, would that be more plausible than a Human, if so, why?

Are these scenarios really that unreasonable? Bear in mind that you don't even have to be Lightforged to join the organization.

Also, while debating this it's fun to look at the official art for the Army of the Light: https://d1u5p3l4wpay...e_Light_7.3.jpg

• Ezcu likes this

#11 Clara

Clara

still living in 2009

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:16 PM

there's also just the option of taking it how you think it should be and applying it quietly to your own private rps, blizzard'll never be clear enough in truth

unless you want to make turalyon 2.0 lightforged big dick that is

• Sitra and Illarian like this

#12 Sitra

Sitra

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:23 PM

There is no data to suggest otherwise either (Since others have joined, regardless of why)

So why does it not sound plausible for you for a paladin to follow Turalyon's footsteps and join the Army of the Light? The scenario which I described.

Is it really that unreasonable? Bear in mind that you don't even have to be Lightforged to join the organization.

I'm a person that likes to follow things that are confirmed rather than go by "what ifs". I understand there are roleplayers who think otherwise, but I personally don't go with the line of "it doesn't explicitly says its not possible, so I will just assume I can do it".

It does not sound possible to me for a paladin to be offered a slot in the Army of Light because with what lore we have, any membership in it offered to another race was mainly weaved by Xe'ra, and involving such a prominent character in your backstory (again, in my opinion) smells. Since there is no data on other races being allowed in, to me they're not allowed in unless Blizzard gives an example that states otherwise.

There's lore, and then there's "it doesn't say so in lore, but I think it's possible so I will do it". Two different opinions, two different preferences of RP, none of which are by definition wrong because RP is about making stories. I just happen to like mine written within the established boundaries of the universum.

• Clara likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Esadan

Esadan

boomer at heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:26 PM

yes, it is 

imagine unironically being a roleplayer

#14 yorellie

yorellie

changes a thongs two times a day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:28 PM

yeah sry

no elves or humans allowed

the number you have dialed has not been inserted at this time.

please try again later.

#15 Illarian

Illarian

Alt-Right Night Elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:29 PM

I'm a person that likes to follow things that are confirmed rather than go by "what ifs".

But the Army of the Light denying everyone entrance is in itself a "what if". What is there that confirms it, or suggests it? So no, these are also players taking it on how it should be and an example of trying to impose it on others, which isnt' very fair. 

Army of Light because with what lore we have

Turalyon, a human and not just a human, but one of the most legendary paladins to ever live, who is up there with Uther the Lightbringer & Co. Is the guy leading the Army of the Light, again, what info do we have that he would turn a human away for wanting to join up?

#16 Sitra

Sitra

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:40 PM

But the Army of the Light denying everyone entrance is in itself a "what if". What is there that confirms it, or suggests it? So no, these are also players taking it on how it should be and an example of trying to impose it on others, which isnt' very fair. 

Not saying they're denying it on principle - I am saying nowhere does it say they allow them in, and that by default with what I see makes it a draenei-centred organization with a total of three individual exceptions.

Imposing on people how they should roleplay on RPH, a server which is advertised as one where you're able to create your own world, isn't right, and I do agree. The issue is when players following custom lore try to clash with ones that don't, which is why a certain amount of misunderstandings and avoidance might happen. It's a custom lore and headcanon issue, my solution to which is to simply keep those in a group of people that share similar ideas on how roleplay should work.

Turalyon, a human and not just a human, but one of the most legendary paladins to ever live, who is up there with Uther the Lightbringer & Co. Is the guy leading the Army of the Light, again, what info do we have that he would turn a human away for wanting to join up?

It's not a question of "what info do we have that he would turn anyone up". It's an issue of "he has not done it yet", and the question of "what would a prominent lore character that's the most legendary paladin to ever live do" is not for players to decide if you want to have a cohesive roleplay environment.

But again, that is my opinion. How people want to take the information Blizzard dishes them is ultimately their choice.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Illarian

Illarian

Alt-Right Night Elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:47 PM

Just found the Army of the Light official description in the reputation tab:

After the fall of Argus, the draenei's finest warriors followed the prime naaru Xe'ra across the cosmos in an eternal war to bring about the Legion's end. Since then, other survivors of the Burning Crusade have joined the ranks of the Lightforged.

Can we call it a day now?

#18 Illarian

Illarian

Alt-Right Night Elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:55 PM

I am saying nowhere does it say they allow them in

Official artwork suggests that they do allow others in, as well as their official in-game faction description.

It's a custom lore and headcanon issue

It stops being custom lore and headcanon the moment you can back it up with official sources. Fair enough the artwork can't really be taken as canon, but the faction description explicitly says that they allow others to join.

"what would a prominent lore character that's the most legendary paladin to ever live do" is not for players to decide

Again, I feel like this could go both ways. 

#19 Sitra

Sitra

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:06 AM

After the fall of Argus, the draenei's finest warriors followed the prime naaru Xe'ra across the cosmos in an eternal war to bring about the Legion's end. Since then, other survivors of the Burning Crusade have joined the ranks of the Lightforged.

See, I read this as:

Since 25,000 years ago, other survivors of the Burning Crusade have joined the ranks of the Lightforged, but they all happen to be draenei of various kinds, 2 humans and a dreadlord.

Because that's what represented in-game for the time being, which in the end might change, but until it does that's what it is to me. It's all a matter of perspective and flexibility, and players can take it for what they want - you think otherwise, and you're free to do so, so are others.

It stops being custom lore and headcanon the moment you can back it up with official sources. Fair enough the artwork can't really be taken as canon, but the faction description explicitly says that they allow others to join.

They allow other survivors to join, yes. But ultimately all you see in-game, and with particular examples in lore, it is what I mentioned above. You can easily theorycraft Velen's vision regarding the Army - where it was a coalition of all Azerothian races with an unknown human leader - but it's yet to happen in lore officially, and ultimately is just a vision.

Again, I feel like this could go both ways. 

Sure enough, it could, if I was saying that Turalyon wouldn't ever allow other races to be a part of the Army of Light. But all I'm saying is "he hasn't done it yet, he might, and until he does in my book the Army of Light exclusive to draenei with 3 individual exceptions that were handpicked by then-leader of it". Turalyon is the leader of it now, and what he does with it is his choice which we are yet to see - I wouldn't personally be comfortable building a character around an assumption of possibility. Other people might be more inclined to do that, but they have to count in the fact that not everyone will share their view on it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 Illarian

Illarian

Alt-Right Night Elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 12:32 AM

I read this as

It's all a matter of perspective and flexibility, and players can take it for what they want - you think otherwise, and you're free to do so, so are others.

If the lore is subjective depending on who interprets it, how can we have a cohesive roleplay and agree on...anything?

Yes, sure, everyone can do what they please in their own phase, but when we come together there are things we need to accept as canon based on the universe we play in. What I posted is a canon, official source explicitly telling us that the Army of the Light is open to others. We don't even need to agree that it's canon, because it is regardless, as a matter of fact, it is set in stone. The Army of the Light is not exclusive to Draenei.

but they have to count in the fact that not everyone will share their view on it.

Let's be honest, the server won't universally share its view on anything any of us do. Their view, anyone's view, is inconsequential to what the actual, official lore is. Which is that the Army of the Light is open to all the survivors of the Burning Crusade aka. The entirety of Azeroth (Also because, what other survivors could the description possibly be referring to?)

If the artwork released by Blizzard further supports this version of the lore by including dwarves, gnomes and the such among the ranks of the Army of the Light, then all the better. As for in-game representation, Turalyon leads a mix of Lightforged Draenei and Human Paladins in Stromgarde, it's not concrete evidence for anything (and it rarely is with anything when talking Blizzard), but I thought it was worth mentioning.