Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 07:37 PM)

All issues resolved. Server is back online.

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 06:52 PM)

We are aware of the CDN issue that prevents you from opening Wow. We are working on resolving it.

@  dr3ad : (09 March 2019 - 08:53 PM)

Fixed some crashes, almost 2 days uptime now.

@  dr3ad : (24 November 2018 - 01:38 PM)

Couple of thousand new/missing gameobjects have been added. Check out the full list here.

@  dr3ad : (23 November 2018 - 02:56 PM)

Fixed 'failed to retrieve' pw field in account panel.

@  dr3ad : (17 November 2018 - 06:41 PM)

Server is once again online and website is back up and running, so you can login/register. 7.3.5 changelog can be viewed here.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Changelog coming soon.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Server is online. Download new client here https://rpheaven.org...nnection-guide/

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 07:44 PM)

Server is undergoing restart and updating to 7.3.5, new client link will be posted in a bit. Stay tuned.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Do not build anything important starting from now as we're taking backup and upgrading to 7.3.5 first in the next couple of days, as a part of transition to BFA.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Fixed Sign Maker in Gameobject Forge.

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

Photo
- - - - -

forum etiquitte

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 The Beast

The Beast

nothing to lose

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 01:06 PM

just a thinktank 

given there are no direct rules outlined for the forums id like the opinion of the wider populace; should there be? aside from the wideline provided for the various topics (i.e the commons being for rph and wow related subjects, while there is one dedicated to off-topic and so on), and, secondly, should there be some kind of independent forum moderation put in place similar to how discord has mods, to avoid mass trains on one or two people which tend to be allowed to extend far past their expiry date which would lessen the generally abrasive nature of forum posting, or attempt to at least
along with this, the forum moderation position could be involved in archiving old threads and gradually cleaning up the forums to make them less cluttered, this could be done in waves, archving posts from say, 2015 and back in general, off-topic and the rp threads, before applying similar pushes on kezan labs

this could be done with trial and error, pick 2-3 people, give them a task or two to fulfill and see how it goes, forum mods could instead serve in periods instead of being permanently put on, with head moderator being goudy as a permanent position. this would avoid bias and would encourage people being more active and utilizing the forums for their intended purpose moreso.

what do the people think?

• JaytonWatzz, Esadan, THE traius and 2 others like this

-s

#2 Red Dorage

Red Dorage

i beat my wife

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1198 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:20 PM

shut the fuck up u monki

dorage.png

Spoiler

#3 Ghunny Boi

Ghunny Boi

not black

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:26 PM

etiquette

• Tosspot likes this

#4 Esadan

Esadan

boomer at heart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:14 PM

Eh

Here's the thing. As a sweaty nerd, I don't care about anyone on these forums from an OOC standpoint when it comes down to it. I'm here for roleplay. Community interaction is fine and all, and should 100% be apart of RP and the server, but it gets kind of annoying when retards who think they're the funniest cunts in the world just ignore anything RP related and focus on general random bullshit. I too am guilty of this recently, but yknow, there's nothing really RP related being posted constantly to actually focus on in the first place. Like wtf, this is an RP forum, not a fucking chatroom, yafeel?

Memes and all that shit are generally just whatever, and I too enjoy interacting with the community, but god does it get annoying to see less and less RP related shit being posted nowadays. Kudos to both The Beast and Thiccroy for creating the RPH writing threads, which I would have participated in more if it weren't for the fact that I've been sick irl, and don't rlly have the motivation to write anything here. When you think about that though, it's kind of sad to think that those posts are actually the only real RP/writing related things we've seen posted recently, from my knowledge, except for a few exceptions like Chronicles of Lordaeron, which was/is lit af, and some anime project that everyone just unnecessarily tore into. I may just be misremembering or have clouded judgement when it comes to recent posts, but I think it would be nice to have rules against shitposting and general useless garbage. Not like "haha you posted a bad meme time to delete u from the server" levels of control, but more just deleting threads that are absolutely useless. Cough Ghun cough. The problem simply comes down to: who would mediate such things? Who has the right to determine what is and what isn't worthy to be posted on the forums? The easiest answer would be Dread or Goudy, but it kind of sets a bad example if the two server mods who manage everything just go around and delete and mediate peoples posts constantly. 

Idk man, maybe I'm just gay, but whatever happened to quality character bios? Stories being posted at random? I can remember a few in recent months sure, but I personally feel that posts like that are becoming less and less common. You know why? Because they don't get any attention. The shit that gets the most attention on this server is drama, probably. Things that people can just absolutely fucking rip on. Like wtf is this, reddit? A bunch of fags sitting around debating online about roleplayers, when in reality most of those same fags don't even put in any effort to keep the forums related to actual quality RP? That, and sharing shitty memes. "Just post something yourself Esadan" you may say. And to that I'd respond: bitch I have, multiple times. 

TL;DR because I just went on a gay rant: I personally think the idea of mediating peoples posts could be good but it would need to be very controlled by Dr3/Goudy, which let's be honest, is worse than just having little to no moderation at all. We don't want anyone turning into tyrannical overlords concerned more with feelings than the overall quality of the server, which could be very real in a scenario if they deleted threads, or even god forbid, hired a member of the community to have that power. I haven't been on the forums for any longer than 2 years, as I joined RPH in late 2016 and started posting here in early 2017, so I'm not really a veteran who can look back in the far past and determine from my own pov what works and what hasn't, and what should be implemented in the present.

Point is, forum rules when it comes to posting may need to be more heavily revised/enforced, but not to the point of batshit insanity. 

there I contributed my actual opinion in a formatted post you're welcome 

• JaytonWatzz, PlayOfTheGame and Maedalaane like this

imagine unironically being a roleplayer

#5 Taz

Taz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:42 PM

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Shut up dumb onion lips xd
  • Esadan likes this
come to Birmingham, ask for Danny G

#6 Taz

Taz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

I had to make a new account just for this shit meme ur welcome
come to Birmingham, ask for Danny G

#7 The Beast

The Beast

nothing to lose

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:22 PM

I had to make a new account just for this shit meme ur welcome

im glad you felt it nessecary to make the account

-s

#8 Red Dorage

Red Dorage

i beat my wife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1198 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:44 PM

@Esadan while the name and the reason people join this place is attributed to roleplay you gotta remember this is a "all gm server aswell as a roleplay server" so inherently in my opinion if topics were only about roleplay it wouldnt be in concord with what this server is meant to be

not to mention from what ive seen most of the posts and replies are made by a couple of the same people and the lurkers dont see to contribue to anything, nether of the things you mentioned like character bios; im sure the same shitposters have made enough bios in their time

and to be very blunt, without all these shitposts and drama topics, these forums would be fucking dead and you know it

but i can agree at the very least that there are some retarded and redundant topics posted sometimes

• Esadan likes this

dorage.png

Spoiler

#9 THE traius

THE traius

purple yelling man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:47 PM

very good idea, something these forums could really do with

confirmed to be the god of roleplay through intense divination

#10 Dove

Dove

banana chip

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:17 AM

better dead than rotten with shitposts

bring some goddamn quality control

• JaytonWatzz, The Beast, Esadan and 1 other like this

#11 ZexOmnivore

ZexOmnivore

Lvl 4 Swappy Spook Gf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:37 AM

From my time here on the forums, I've only really seen a handful of good posts - They're too few and far between. Stories, Rps Troubleshoot, Introductions etc... It's how it should be. The rest is just stinkin' garbo. Some are good stickin' garbo that's good for a giggle, but the forums definitely suffer from a lot of posts ranging from Highschool drama, baboons screaming at one and other and generally unfunny, insufferable people. It's glorified .ann and it attracts the wrong kinds of people to the server. 

• JaytonWatzz and The Beast like this

// Characters & Phases \\

Spoiler

Always up for Rp / Chat! Contact me here / In-game / Ask for my DiscordTag!

#12 fewl

fewl

eyeyeyeeeez us sss

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:48 AM

From my time here on the forums, I've only really seen a handful of good posts - They're too few and far between. Stories, Rps Troubleshoot, Introductions etc... It's how it should be. The rest is just stinkin' garbo. Some are good stickin' garbo that's good for a giggle, but the forums definitely suffer from a lot of posts ranging from Highschool drama, baboons screaming at one and other and generally unfunny, insufferable people. It's glorified .ann and it attracts the wrong kinds of people to the server. 

ok but what are your thoughts on the Clamdom? the group that runs much of what we think is modern Clam Thinking, hiding behind the scenes with their own grubby maws, disadvantaging the freedom of humanity from Clam oppression and Clam slavery 

what posts are There to make now? all post          s have been taken? thee ire is no post anymore. all used up: dfried: dried: dried: dried, I'll help out.

what intended purpose is the forums for

#13 fewl

fewl

eyeyeyeeeez us sss

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 12:50 AM

no seriously i want to know isnt the forums just fine as it is now

s isnt it

#14 Tazzy

Tazzy

+8 armor lookin' ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:54 AM

could it be better?

yeah

should we get better?

nah

an entire fuck

#15 Bullfred

Bullfred

like a prostitute but less interesting

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:10 AM

no

• Gens likes this

my characters (by me)
ermet horton, half-elf bard: bad character stinky guy 0/10 would not rp with

abigail horton, human pallydumb: bad character stinky girl 0/10 would not rp with

#16 yorellie

yorellie

changes a thongs two times a day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 03:26 AM

zzz

• Bullfred and Gens like this

the number you have dialed has not been inserted at this time.

please try again later.

#17 Gens

Gens

dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:44 AM

no

• Bullfred likes this

#18 Bullfred

Bullfred

like a prostitute but less interesting

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:06 AM

no

my characters (by me)
ermet horton, half-elf bard: bad character stinky guy 0/10 would not rp with

abigail horton, human pallydumb: bad character stinky girl 0/10 would not rp with

#19 Red Dorage

Red Dorage

i beat my wife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1198 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:41 AM

@ Dove how i kill u bich

• Dove likes this

dorage.png

Spoiler

#20 Dove