Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (09 March 2019 - 08:53 PM)

Fixed some crashes, almost 2 days uptime now.

@  dr3ad : (24 November 2018 - 01:38 PM)

Couple of thousand new/missing gameobjects have been added. Check out the full list here.

@  dr3ad : (23 November 2018 - 02:56 PM)

Fixed 'failed to retrieve' pw field in account panel.

@  dr3ad : (17 November 2018 - 06:41 PM)

Server is once again online and website is back up and running, so you can login/register. 7.3.5 changelog can be viewed here.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Changelog coming soon.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Server is online. Download new client here https://rpheaven.org...nnection-guide/

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 07:44 PM)

Server is undergoing restart and updating to 7.3.5, new client link will be posted in a bit. Stay tuned.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Do not build anything important starting from now as we're taking backup and upgrading to 7.3.5 first in the next couple of days, as a part of transition to BFA.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Fixed Sign Maker in Gameobject Forge.

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

@  dr3ad : (18 June 2018 - 03:21 PM)

Donator Extended rank has been changed a bit. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (07 June 2018 - 10:24 PM)

RPHLite AddOn is now available for download, it's a must have addon and will ship with RPHTiny client by default from now on. Read more here.

Photo

[Interest Check] A Call to Arms - a D&D WCRPG Guild

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rudi

rudi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:11 AM

The Year 26 - Present Day

Azeroth is Burning: A Call to Arms to the Adventurers of Azeroth

Prince Arthas has returned from his expedition to Northrend in search for the source of the plague which ravages Lordaeron. Instead he returns with the cursed runeblade known as Frostmourne, leading the undead scourge which he pledged to eradicate through Lordaeron, slaying and raising any living being that dares to stay in his path. Uther and his chosen few Knights of the Silver Hand wish to stop the unruly Prince's motives from gaining momentum, and finish what Arthas failed to accomplish.

Thrall, Warchief of the Frostwolf Clan and the Horde, hijacked Alliance-bannered ships and undertake a daring journey past the Maelstrom to Kalimdor to found the city of Orgrimmar in the region of Durotar. Daelin Proudmoore, Grand Admiral of the Alliance of Lordaeron, launched assaults on the region of Durotar in order to take the land back from the Orcish Horde for human colonisation. With Jaina Proudmoore's assistance, Daelin's forces were pushed back and defeated. Such a victory came at a price, however, as Daelin would fall as a result of such a failed planned genocide. A non-aggression pact was signed in the aftermath of the conflict.

The Night Elves of Kalimdor still hold onto their beloved homeland to the north at a price for pushing back the Legion and the attempted corruption of Nordrassil. Fel corruption is still rampant through the lands of Darnassus and beyond. In order to repel the Legion, the sacrifice the Night Elves made to empower Nordrassil would be their immortality. Such a conflict doesn't come with notoriety, however. The many races and people of Azeroth look towards the land in the west, bringing plenty of attention to the solitary natives.

The Human Kingdom of Stormwind thrives locally as a result of lack of outside conflict. On the contrary, however, many internal threats lie unattended as the most holiest of human kingdoms look in awe at the conflicts abroad. The local kobold and gnoll clans clash at each others and at their own throats for dominance over the most primitive and secluded areas of Elwynn Forest and Westfall, the province in question even seceding from the Kingdom of Stormwind, as a result of neglect and lack of care by its own people; a much more sinister force is working in the shadows, even in Stormwind's own prestigious houses of nobility - The Defias Brotherhood works in secret to undermine the very foundations of the kingdom as a result of a blank cheque during the aftermath of the First War. The Brotherhood, incognito from local law enforcement, runs free through Elwynn, Westfall, and even rumours that the organisation may be in Redridge and even Duskwood.

The world of Azeroth is burning - and the few heroes who sought to bring peace and prosperity to the world have either died as heroes, have fallen to obscurity and a state of purgatory, or have turned to villains to see the world crumble to ashes. In this new world, a new breed of heroes of different backgrounds, races, ages will rise from obscurity and bring their talents to the test.

---------------

So you may be wondering to yourself what the hell you just read...

...and I do not blame you. I'm willing to explain in every detail what I have in mind for this guild. Do not let the fact that this is a guild set in the world of the Warcraft RPG deter you, as I will also put that deterrent to rest.

I've sat in the starting zone for a good while. Of course my character, Adam Meier, isn't really the most versatile piece of writing and development there is when it comes to the many characters that are accustomed to custom-built speculatively-canon phases. Though that is what my reasoning for this is. Many of the phases and guilds out there pledge thick and thin that their phase and guild are lore-friendly as it can get when it comes to making an adventure for their character. To that I say, I agree to some extent.

I want to stick my toe in the water in regards to content creation for RPH. A guild and phase that conforms to a series of rulebooks that build around the world of Warcraft and the lore that was established before the creation of the MMO. This was back in a time where homebrew did not mean everything had to be custom and not lore friendly in a universe. This was a time where the concept of homebrewing meant building around a universe was a dominant way of thinking - and that is where the RPG comes in. This is not my custom content, my phase's location, my building, or my own custom lore. This is a highly questionable and controversial piece of content that has aged with plenty of neglect outside of the usual nitpicks people take from its pages for their own character Look past its questionable canonical content and look into the content instead. The races, classes, monsters, locations, adventure hooks, and literal dungeons. This is a plea from someone who has not had a taste of roleplay due to the preference I'm looking for and the lack of availability of said preference. It may seem selfish, but that is for you to judge.

---------------

So you must be wondering to yourself what I'm proposing as an interest check...

... and to that, I do not blame you for wondering... Yes, this is going to be a running topic gag.

Joking aside, I wish to offer my services as a dungeon master for a short-to-long term campaign taking place between the ongoing conflicts of Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos, progressing into the aftermath and the Frozen Throne, then potentially the beginning of the World of Warcraft followed by the opening of the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj.

The method of bringing these games to life in the current expansion pack would be through Goudy's (bless that man) patch which brings many of the vanilla worldspaces back (which can be disabled at will), with some possible 3rd party patches which do not ruin your already existing RPH installation. Many rules in Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e will be brought to the World of Warcraft game through a series of player-driven emotes, .gps commands via macros for measuring feet, and spells to express certain actions such as spells and attacks.

How players will be recruited is up to the player himself and the character he has created for the RPG world. As vague as that sounds, that IS how it would work out. At least in my vision. It is up to the player to decide how his character enters and joins the party in its already ongoing adventure. This campaign is not an open-world experience, to save on energy on behalf of myself and the party itself. Unlike me, time is money for a HUGE number of players on RPH and cannot commit to a project every hour of every day. That is why I'm basing this concept off of the hotseat and hotjoin at the whim of the player if he cannot make a session. You may be worried of the lack of continuity when it comes to hotseating and joining, but your worries are no longer. Each character introduced in the RPG (sort of like the Neverwinter Nights 2 game and its expansions) will still have knowledge of the other character's existence. In the RPG, adventurers are plenty, similar to retail RP in how you will encounter someone once and not encounter them for a good long while. There is no set requirement on who or what your character is, so long as it fits the adventure's narrative and the general interest of the party.

The world of Azeroth will revolve around the party and its players the longer they do not intervene in the current events of the time. From the start, to the end of the campaign depending on how long it goes. This is not an arbitrary decision. My life when it comes to RPH may come at an end due to AFK/OOC reasons. (Job Corps, basically, if you're willing to look into it.) Choices will be brought to the party as a whole in regards what to do first, and follow up to the second option with a different outcome (see games like The Wolf Among Us for an example).

---------------

So you must be wondering to yourself how exactly you apply/join?

And to that, I answer simply. You may apply to me strictly through mailing me on the forums itself or on my main "DeadMeyer". 

In order to join, however, there are caveats to the process. RPG materials such as the 3.5e D&D Player's Rulebook (both book 1 and book 2 may be used), the 1e Warcraft RPG rulebook and its expansions, and the 3.5e D&D Game Master's handbook. In order to roll such a character, I am willing to supply PDFs to the out-of-print material (except book 2 of the Player's Rulebook and both books of the Game Master's manual, since I have yet to acquire the material). I have a form-fillable .PDF of the 3.5e character sheet that you can type and save via Adobe Acrobat or any other sort of software that allows form filling.

For example: to roll a first level Human Fighter, you will have to use the 3.5e rulebook then make any changes to your character by using the 1e Warcraft RPG rulebook. Variables such as the Point-Buy system and rolling for gold are yet to be decided, since this is the first time I'm playing as dungeon master to this small, yet ambitious project.

In any case, whether you are actively interested, intrigued, or amused by this little "call to arms" for the inactive roleplayers who dwell in start all of the time, I want to thank you for reading. This took up most of my day and even I'm thankful that this little creative writing got my mind off of the day.

Thank you.

• Tazzy likes this

#2 Tazzy

Tazzy

+8 armor lookin' ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:20 AM

we really gonna do this huh

an entire fuck

#3 Corven

Corven

suck ur mom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 01:57 AM

Good luck.

Chaos is nigh coming once more to Azeroth, will we survive against the Legions hordes once more?

#4 Sir Theodric

Sir Theodric

Lord-Commander Sir Lyndy of the Lyndorian Imperial State

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 02:05 AM

The Year 26 - Present Day
isn't this the year tbc takes place in

20180528201811_1.jpg

#5 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:13 AM

It’s gonna be just like Wc3 except for the part where everyone’s wearing pink trenchcoats and trying to be the Hero

Still, good luck
Deus Vult

#6 SalineSeas

SalineSeas

in da fresh

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:26 PM

It’s gonna be just like Wc3 except for the part where everyone’s wearing pink trenchcoats and trying to be the Hero

Still, good luck

sounds like you're afraid of flamboyant masculinity u negative nancy

wishing u the best of luck OP rudi

battlewinner.png
a bomb!

#7 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:31 AM

sounds like you're afraid of flamboyant masculinity u negative nancy

wishing u the best of luck OP rudi

sounds like youre afraid of a good time you h*cking orc-lover
Deus Vult

#8 Sir Theodric

Sir Theodric

Lord-Commander Sir Lyndy of the Lyndorian Imperial State

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:38 PM

sounds like youre afraid of a good time you h*cking orc-lover

kisses in horde rp

i forgot u weren't allowed to rp anything like this cuz we all know how it will end so oh well 

20180528201811_1.jpg

#9 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:53 PM

kisses in horde rp

i forgot u weren't allowed to rp anything like this cuz we all know how it will end so oh well

w/e u say wehraboo xdxdxddd
Deus Vult

#10 Runicstorm

Runicstorm

For those we cherish, we die in glory!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:14 PM

this will seem fun until the rogue tries to pickpocket frostmourne

you probably think its impossible but he already rolled a nat 20

tumblr_njwx756bga1rb48exo1_400.gif

"How unlucky I am that this should happen to me.

But not at all.

Perhaps, say how lucky I am that I am not broken by what has happened,

and I am not afraid of what is about to happen.

For the same blow might have stricken anyone,

but not many would have absorbed it without capitulation and complaint."

-Marcus Aurelius

"EVEN IN DEATH, I STILL FIGHT FOR THOSE THAT I CHERISH!!"

-Brother Chyron of the Lamenters