Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (17 October 2019 - 01:15 AM)

Added feature "Lookup retail NPC equipment" to the account panel for the upcoming item forge, can be seen on the right.

@  dr3ad : (16 October 2019 - 12:41 PM)

18 hours uptime. #record

@  dr3ad : (14 October 2019 - 08:56 PM)

Fixed some important performance issues, server back online

@  dr3ad : (13 October 2019 - 04:20 PM)

Server is up again, fixed some crash issues.

@  dr3ad : (12 October 2019 - 11:54 PM)

Server back online.

@  dr3ad : (12 October 2019 - 11:49 PM)

Server up in 3 mins. Applied some fixes.

@  dr3ad : (10 October 2019 - 09:49 PM)

Server has been started. Up in 3 mins.

@  dr3ad : (10 October 2019 - 09:47 PM)

5-10 mins downtime while we apply some changes

@  dr3ad : (10 October 2019 - 05:05 PM)

9 hours uptime #record. Thanks everyone for testing.

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2019 - 08:32 PM)

You can now spawn/create NPCs that have BFA Display ID without getting "Can't find NPC error" once you try to spawn NPC in-game.

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2019 - 02:57 PM)

Fixed restarter, server back online.

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2019 - 02:39 AM)

Added about 23k more .wmo gameobjects. Full list of gameobjects will be posted soon.

@  dr3ad : (08 October 2019 - 07:20 PM)

Fixed .phase promote command and loading of phase ranks

@  dr3ad : (08 October 2019 - 06:36 PM)

BFA Races added to NPC template creation page.

@  dr3ad : (08 October 2019 - 04:34 PM)

Fixed the "Failed to retrieve" password error that some people may have gotten in their web account panel. Check your panel again now.

@  dr3ad : (08 October 2019 - 04:28 PM)

Also there's been a known issue with incorrectly copied TRP or TRP in general that gives you disconnect as soon as you login. If you have this issue try deleting TRP then logging back in.

@  dr3ad : (08 October 2019 - 04:19 PM)

Added website feature "Fix character DC problem" in account panel which will fix characters that you get disconnected on when you login.

@  dr3ad : (08 October 2019 - 03:45 PM)

.gob state command fixed, you can do .gob state 0 3 now to activate light gobs. Also fixed loading of gameobjects that already had state set previously. Effective on next restart.

@  dr3ad : (07 October 2019 - 08:00 PM)

RPH 735 has just been put up online if you wish to copy over some character related stuff to BFA. RPH 735 will be up for the next 48 hours. However you have to set new realmlist: SET portal "leg.rpheaven.org"

@  dr3ad : (07 October 2019 - 07:36 PM)

Another crash fixed

Photo

Disappearing and duplicating objects

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Valyona

Valyona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:47 AM

Hey there! Firstly and foremost, this is my first ever topic, so apologies if this looks a bit rough (also couldn't figure out hashtags), but for brevity's sake, I want to try it anyways to get some information in regards of a few issues that are seemingly unknown of, or unaddressed.

I've noticed a few things when it comes to building, and most frequently when .gob clone is involved; after the Server goes offline (perhaps crashes for a period of time), my .gob clone'd objects seem to disappear. In reality however, they're still inside of the object they were duplicated from, as if the Server just didn't register them having been moved. This is inconsistent however, and only half the cloned gobjects seem to disappear. Unfortunately, I have no explanation for this.

Also, I have noticed that objects (not even cloned) have also disappeared randomly, and in no particular order.
(Example): I spawn an object, and the server crashes. I get back online, but the object I'd just spawned is still there, while an object I spawned thirty minutes ago has disappeared.

...and then we have the duplicated objects. This has only happened once, and as of this post having been made has happened only hours ago. A single WMO, after a server crash, had seemingly duplicated itself. I should add here that I did not .gob clone this WMO, and had spawned it regularly. I discovered this problem when entering the WMO, to see that the furniture it featured (I furnished it) was reappearing and disappearing repeatedly. The interiors of the WMO and its clone were causing visual clipping with the conflict of their interiors, and deleting one solved this problem. The fact that this happened has terrifying implications, however. I wonder whether or not the rest of the structures will do it, or if this was an entirely visual glitch that, when sorted out, will result in all the structures disappearing because it turns out that I'd deleted them all unwittingly.

• Esadan, ArteF4ct and Maedalaane like this

#2 NilithAth

NilithAth

Just a Nilith.

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

The clone issues: If you are using macros, do NOT have any .gob manipulation commands (i.e. rotate etc.)  in the same macro with the command that you're using for spawning them (either .gob clone or .gob sp). Texture vanishing and coming back onto the screen might be because of how you have spawned a / several WMOs around the site. Try to check this maybe. (if the latter happens just to a single WMO, it might be the case of having duplicated WMOs spawned at the same place)

#3 Valyona

Valyona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:30 PM

The clone issues: If you are using macros, do NOT have any .gob manipulation commands (i.e. rotate etc.)  in the same macro with the command that you're using for spawning them (either .gob clone or .gob sp). Texture vanishing and coming back onto the screen might be because of how you have spawned a / several WMOs around the site. Try to check this maybe. (if the latter happens just to a single WMO, it might be the case of having duplicated WMOs spawned at the same place)

Hey, NilithAth, thanks kindly for taking the time to look at this Topic. I can verify that for the placement of the out of place objects spawned within their clones did indeed use macros, but not ones that .gob sp and .gob move all in one. I had used individual macros to spawn them, and others to move them. However, it didn't seem to make a difference unfortunately. It seems that everything that is .clone related bugs out in one way or another. I may very well need to resort to .xgps and manually spawning them, but I'm unsure.

Also, I can verify with 100% certainty that that there were no other WMO's interfering with the structure in question, other than a duplicate that was definitely spawned inside of it. Which I definitely did not spawn there. It was a WMO (the one I spawned), with the same WMO spawned inside of it, creating the odd visual conflicts I was seeing until after I deleted the duplicate structure. No .gob clone commands were used when the WMO's were being placed.

• NilithAth likes this

#4 ZexOmnivore

ZexOmnivore

Lvl 4 Redhead Gf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:11 PM

Hiya! I had trouble with the disappearing objects too for a time, of which I detail here:

https://rpheaven.org...go/#entry161384

The solution was simply copying a different object, which in this example was a floor. The ones I stood on in the screenshots are the ones I would usually .gob c and the clones vanished on server crash/restart. I just .gob c the adjacent objects (The ones on the other side of my apartment's bottomless pit) and no problems so far! I'm not exactly sure how this works, perhaps .gob c just doesn't like those planks.

WoWScrnShot_120118_013059.jpg

// Characters & Phases \\

Spoiler

Always up for Rp / Chat! Contact me here / In-game / Ask for my DiscordTag!

#5 Valyona

Valyona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

Hiya! I had trouble with the disappearing objects too for a time, of which I detail here:

https://rpheaven.org...go/#entry161384

The solution was simply copying a different object, which in this example was a floor. The ones I stood on in the screenshots are the ones I would usually .gob c and the clones vanished on server crash/restart. I just .gob c the adjacent objects (The ones on the other side of my apartment's bottomless pit) and no problems so far! I'm not exactly sure how this works, perhaps .gob c just doesn't like those planks.

Greetings ZexOmnivore, thanks for taking a look at this thread. Would you mind elaborating what exactly you mean by that? From what I gathered myself from the thread you'd linked here, the issue was that the gobject was not an m2 gobject. Is this correct? If so, this could potentially be one of the problems. I was actually using montytiles when the bug with the gobjects moving back beneath the tiles that they'd been cloned from when a Server crash would occur.

#6 ZexOmnivore

ZexOmnivore

Lvl 4 Redhead Gf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:59 PM

the issue was that the gobject was not an m2 gobject. Is this correct?

Nope, all the objects I used are .m2 including the floor. I had already solved the problem and was hoping you could take something from that.

In any case, I haven't touched MontyTiles yet during my time on the server I'm clueless about it, can't help ya if the problem stems from that, soz !

// Characters & Phases \\

Spoiler

Always up for Rp / Chat! Contact me here / In-game / Ask for my DiscordTag!

#7 Valyona

Valyona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:57 PM

Nope, all the objects I used are .m2 including the floor. I had already solved the problem and was hoping you could take something from that.

In any case, I haven't touched MontyTiles yet during my time on the server I'm clueless about it, can't help ya if the problem stems from that, soz !

I see. I don't think that fixes the problem, but it's still definitely something to keep in mind. Thank you for your input on the matter. It's also very good to know that the issue doesn't lie solely on the fact that I hadn't used m2's, or that it was just because I used MontyTiles. Perhaps this is simply an inexplicable glitch with the Server that'd emerged with its 7.3.5 update, as it wasn't an issue before.

• ZexOmnivore likes this