Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 07:37 PM)

All issues resolved. Server is back online.

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 06:52 PM)

We are aware of the CDN issue that prevents you from opening Wow. We are working on resolving it.

@  dr3ad : (09 March 2019 - 08:53 PM)

Fixed some crashes, almost 2 days uptime now.

@  dr3ad : (24 November 2018 - 01:38 PM)

Couple of thousand new/missing gameobjects have been added. Check out the full list here.

@  dr3ad : (23 November 2018 - 02:56 PM)

Fixed 'failed to retrieve' pw field in account panel.

@  dr3ad : (17 November 2018 - 06:41 PM)

Server is once again online and website is back up and running, so you can login/register. 7.3.5 changelog can be viewed here.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Changelog coming soon.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Server is online. Download new client here https://rpheaven.org...nnection-guide/

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 07:44 PM)

Server is undergoing restart and updating to 7.3.5, new client link will be posted in a bit. Stay tuned.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Do not build anything important starting from now as we're taking backup and upgrading to 7.3.5 first in the next couple of days, as a part of transition to BFA.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Fixed Sign Maker in Gameobject Forge.

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

Photo

Disappearing and duplicating objects

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Valyona

Valyona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 08:47 AM

Hey there! Firstly and foremost, this is my first ever topic, so apologies if this looks a bit rough (also couldn't figure out hashtags), but for brevity's sake, I want to try it anyways to get some information in regards of a few issues that are seemingly unknown of, or unaddressed.

I've noticed a few things when it comes to building, and most frequently when .gob clone is involved; after the Server goes offline (perhaps crashes for a period of time), my .gob clone'd objects seem to disappear. In reality however, they're still inside of the object they were duplicated from, as if the Server just didn't register them having been moved. This is inconsistent however, and only half the cloned gobjects seem to disappear. Unfortunately, I have no explanation for this.

Also, I have noticed that objects (not even cloned) have also disappeared randomly, and in no particular order.
(Example): I spawn an object, and the server crashes. I get back online, but the object I'd just spawned is still there, while an object I spawned thirty minutes ago has disappeared.

...and then we have the duplicated objects. This has only happened once, and as of this post having been made has happened only hours ago. A single WMO, after a server crash, had seemingly duplicated itself. I should add here that I did not .gob clone this WMO, and had spawned it regularly. I discovered this problem when entering the WMO, to see that the furniture it featured (I furnished it) was reappearing and disappearing repeatedly. The interiors of the WMO and its clone were causing visual clipping with the conflict of their interiors, and deleting one solved this problem. The fact that this happened has terrifying implications, however. I wonder whether or not the rest of the structures will do it, or if this was an entirely visual glitch that, when sorted out, will result in all the structures disappearing because it turns out that I'd deleted them all unwittingly.

• Esadan, ArteF4ct and Maedalaane like this

#2 NilithAth

NilithAth

Just a Nilith.

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:57 PM

The clone issues: If you are using macros, do NOT have any .gob manipulation commands (i.e. rotate etc.)  in the same macro with the command that you're using for spawning them (either .gob clone or .gob sp). Texture vanishing and coming back onto the screen might be because of how you have spawned a / several WMOs around the site. Try to check this maybe. (if the latter happens just to a single WMO, it might be the case of having duplicated WMOs spawned at the same place)

#3 Valyona

Valyona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 01:30 PM

The clone issues: If you are using macros, do NOT have any .gob manipulation commands (i.e. rotate etc.)  in the same macro with the command that you're using for spawning them (either .gob clone or .gob sp). Texture vanishing and coming back onto the screen might be because of how you have spawned a / several WMOs around the site. Try to check this maybe. (if the latter happens just to a single WMO, it might be the case of having duplicated WMOs spawned at the same place)

Hey, NilithAth, thanks kindly for taking the time to look at this Topic. I can verify that for the placement of the out of place objects spawned within their clones did indeed use macros, but not ones that .gob sp and .gob move all in one. I had used individual macros to spawn them, and others to move them. However, it didn't seem to make a difference unfortunately. It seems that everything that is .clone related bugs out in one way or another. I may very well need to resort to .xgps and manually spawning them, but I'm unsure.

Also, I can verify with 100% certainty that that there were no other WMO's interfering with the structure in question, other than a duplicate that was definitely spawned inside of it. Which I definitely did not spawn there. It was a WMO (the one I spawned), with the same WMO spawned inside of it, creating the odd visual conflicts I was seeing until after I deleted the duplicate structure. No .gob clone commands were used when the WMO's were being placed.

• NilithAth likes this

#4 ZexOmnivore

ZexOmnivore

Lvl 4 Swappy Spook Gf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:11 PM

Hiya! I had trouble with the disappearing objects too for a time, of which I detail here:

https://rpheaven.org...go/#entry161384

The solution was simply copying a different object, which in this example was a floor. The ones I stood on in the screenshots are the ones I would usually .gob c and the clones vanished on server crash/restart. I just .gob c the adjacent objects (The ones on the other side of my apartment's bottomless pit) and no problems so far! I'm not exactly sure how this works, perhaps .gob c just doesn't like those planks.

WoWScrnShot_120118_013059.jpg

// Characters & Phases \\

Spoiler

Always up for Rp / Chat! Contact me here / In-game / Ask for my DiscordTag!

#5 Valyona

Valyona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 05:51 PM

Hiya! I had trouble with the disappearing objects too for a time, of which I detail here:

https://rpheaven.org...go/#entry161384

The solution was simply copying a different object, which in this example was a floor. The ones I stood on in the screenshots are the ones I would usually .gob c and the clones vanished on server crash/restart. I just .gob c the adjacent objects (The ones on the other side of my apartment's bottomless pit) and no problems so far! I'm not exactly sure how this works, perhaps .gob c just doesn't like those planks.

Greetings ZexOmnivore, thanks for taking a look at this thread. Would you mind elaborating what exactly you mean by that? From what I gathered myself from the thread you'd linked here, the issue was that the gobject was not an m2 gobject. Is this correct? If so, this could potentially be one of the problems. I was actually using montytiles when the bug with the gobjects moving back beneath the tiles that they'd been cloned from when a Server crash would occur.

#6 ZexOmnivore

ZexOmnivore

Lvl 4 Swappy Spook Gf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 08:59 PM

the issue was that the gobject was not an m2 gobject. Is this correct?

Nope, all the objects I used are .m2 including the floor. I had already solved the problem and was hoping you could take something from that.

In any case, I haven't touched MontyTiles yet during my time on the server I'm clueless about it, can't help ya if the problem stems from that, soz !

// Characters & Phases \\

Spoiler

Always up for Rp / Chat! Contact me here / In-game / Ask for my DiscordTag!

#7 Valyona

Valyona

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:57 PM

Nope, all the objects I used are .m2 including the floor. I had already solved the problem and was hoping you could take something from that.

In any case, I haven't touched MontyTiles yet during my time on the server I'm clueless about it, can't help ya if the problem stems from that, soz !

I see. I don't think that fixes the problem, but it's still definitely something to keep in mind. Thank you for your input on the matter. It's also very good to know that the issue doesn't lie solely on the fact that I hadn't used m2's, or that it was just because I used MontyTiles. Perhaps this is simply an inexplicable glitch with the Server that'd emerged with its 7.3.5 update, as it wasn't an issue before.

• ZexOmnivore likes this