Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 07:37 PM)

All issues resolved. Server is back online.

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 06:52 PM)

We are aware of the CDN issue that prevents you from opening Wow. We are working on resolving it.

@  dr3ad : (09 March 2019 - 08:53 PM)

Fixed some crashes, almost 2 days uptime now.

@  dr3ad : (24 November 2018 - 01:38 PM)

Couple of thousand new/missing gameobjects have been added. Check out the full list here.

@  dr3ad : (23 November 2018 - 02:56 PM)

Fixed 'failed to retrieve' pw field in account panel.

@  dr3ad : (17 November 2018 - 06:41 PM)

Server is once again online and website is back up and running, so you can login/register. 7.3.5 changelog can be viewed here.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Changelog coming soon.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Server is online. Download new client here https://rpheaven.org...nnection-guide/

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 07:44 PM)

Server is undergoing restart and updating to 7.3.5, new client link will be posted in a bit. Stay tuned.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Do not build anything important starting from now as we're taking backup and upgrading to 7.3.5 first in the next couple of days, as a part of transition to BFA.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Fixed Sign Maker in Gameobject Forge.

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

Photo

The Sons of Odyn (Vrykul-themed Human Religion) (Interest Check)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Hjalti

Hjalti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:13 PM

Sons of Odyn

​The Sons of Odyn are a reformed religious community of veterans and soldiers, formed shortly after King Arthas' escapades within the frozen wastes of Northrend, adopting the culture and way of life of their Vrykul ancestors. Their lifestyle is that of labour, fighting and gaining spiritual favour with their "Gods". They are heavily religious, believing their newfound faith to be the father of all beliefs, and expelling those from their community that do not embrace this faith. 

The Faith

Ancient Vrykul runes tell stories of the Titan Keepers, great, god-like beings that defend Azeroth from those that would see it destroyed, or harmed. There are nine Titan Keepers in total, all of whom hold a place of worship in Sons, for good or ill.

The Titan Keeper's are divided amongst the Aesir, those being made of metal and storm, and the Vanir, those born from stone and earth.

Odyn, The All-Father

Odyn, father of the keepers Thorim and Loken, often addressed as the "Storm God", demands the highest of respects within the Sons pantheon of Gods, being the most divine and the wisest of the Keepers. Odyn is worshipped widely amongst this community, and is the most popular deity. The Sons believe Odyn will take worthy souls of the deceased into his Halls of Valor to fight and feast in the afterlife, however this may only be the case for their Vrykul ancestor, rather than the human descendants, none can be sure.

Thorim, The Stormlord

Thorim, son of Odyn, brother of Loken, is one of the four main deities of the Sons, believed to bless his worshippers with great might and willpower. Those that travel the seas often seek his blessing for good weather, and those that partake in battle pray for his might. 

Freya, The Lifegiver

Freya is believed to be the goddess of life, lust and fertility. Her blessing is sought during times of childbirth, and times of illness or plague. Though not as wise as Odyn, nor as mighty as Thorim, Freya still demands high respect from her followers, especially amongst those with child or infatuated by love.

Loken, The Trickster

Although often portrayed and spoken of as evil or malicious, the contrary is able to be said about Loken. The Sons believe Loken is the god of tests, sending those through trials and tribulations in order to progress and harden their resolve. It is said Loken is the reason for betrayals and ill-luck, though believed to be for the good of a person's character, if their willpower is strong enough to endure his foolery.

OOC INFO

All beliefs, customs, stories and traditions are entirely made up on word of mouth, runes and stories. The Sons of Odyn's beliefs are not based off of facts, but rather what they perceive to be the truth based on their findings in Northrend.

Yes, this guild is heavily inspired from old Norse mythology. I hope to create a reasonable human interpretation of the Vrykul culture and beliefs, that are based on old Norse mythology, and implement it into a human society. So please, before you scream "nordic human gtfo back 2 skyrim!". Take a moment to really think about it, after all, most guilds are adaptations of the lore we have, and can be considered custom. However custom we may seem, though, we hope to stay true to WoW's lore and it's timeline, with our own sprinkles of imagination in terms of customs and practices of religion, way of life etc.

I hope you enjoyed reading my brief overview of the main factor of this Guild, it's religion. This is an interest check, any feedback will be appreciated and I intend to expand upon things such as the Sons day-to-day life and what the guild will entail in terms of roleplay.

I am still looking for core members to help me with this guild, if you believe you're able to officer a guild then by all means get in touch, and those that wish for more information beyond this don't hesitate to Pm me in game at Hjalti, or msg me on here.

• Archimonde, halstead, steamyhotnerd and 1 other like this

#2 Wo0d Glue

Wo0d Glue

what am i doing here

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 12:42 PM

I think you will draw more interest by speaking of what kind of roleplay you intend to do, style of events, location, ofc. Having screenshots from the phase  you intend to use helps greatly aswell.

• steamyhotnerd and Hjalti like this

check out my epic phases:

do you like reading? why not become a beta reader for my epic book?

https://rpheaven.org...aders-for-book/

Short stories:

Character biographies:

Spoiler

Find me online on the following characters:
Freebooter - DM Character for The Golden Age

The Ugly - Character for Manifest Destiny
Woodglue - Building Character
DJ Pirate - Alt account

#3 Hjalti

Hjalti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:01 PM

I think you will draw more interest by speaking of what kind of roleplay you intend to do, style of events, location, ofc. Having screenshots from the phase  you intend to use helps greatly aswell.

All will be decided upon in due time, this is simply the foundation of my idea to give the public a taste of what I want to build, as I've no intentions of running this solely on my own. It could range from casual/social during the days to a DnD styled combat event one night, and a more casual, story-based event another. I don't want to restrict us to a certain type of roleplay, as I'm hoping to get all types of people interested, and to form a community of roleplayers rather than a guild set in one direction.

As for the phase, myself not being an avid builder, I have to decided to hold off for the moment before proceeding in case I can get someone who's substantially better than I am at building to help me. After all, I'd rather the phase look good with the help of an experienced builder than create a pile of shit on my own.

TL;DR we hope to be doing all sorts, and need help to make that happen.

• steamyhotnerd likes this

#4 Archimonde

Archimonde

Fremtastic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

Is it funny that , in my phase (12164) I've made a Temple of the Titans since the people who settled into the port-town after the Vrykul adopted a similar religion. (Hint they're Lordaeronian humans as well so.... Yeah good idea dude, keep on trucking)

• steamyhotnerd and Hjalti like this

MiAmUsf.png

𝕱𝖔𝖗 π•·π–”π–—π–‰π–†π–Šπ–—π–”π–“      𝕱𝖔𝖗 π–™π–π–Š π•¬π–‘π–‘π–Žπ–†π–“π–ˆπ–Š

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 Prophet

Prophet

Starchild

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

Add Helya

tumblr_p73yx9u3Er1rkxme7o2_400.gif

β™« Filthy rodents are still coming for your souls. β™ͺβ™ͺ

Spoiler

#6 THE traius

THE traius

purple yelling man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:26 PM

marvelous my boy simply marvelous

confirmed to be the god of roleplay through intense divination

#7 johnnyDeath

johnnyDeath

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:58 PM

gay crap The guild

#8 johnnyDeath

johnnyDeath

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:58 PM

#9 johnnyDeath

johnnyDeath

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 10:59 PM

#10 Illarian

Illarian

Alt-Right Night Elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:28 AM

lust

Oh boy. 

• Wo0d Glue and Hjalti like this

wei-wang-2012-warcraft-042-traveler-001-

#11 Mercer

Mercer

ivy is my aesthetic

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:06 AM

Tickled me in the right way.

Spoiler

586635858ae365ac974268247344444f-png.jpg

bcc80af24c.jpg

tumblr_o08wrtIU0g1u8itxto1_400.gif

#12 The Beast

The Beast

nothing to lose

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 06:14 PM

wake of arathor called it wants its lore back

• Wo0d Glue likes this

-s

#13 Hjalti

Hjalti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:05 PM

wake of arathor called it wants its lore back

am i supposed 2 know what that is

#14 Zelazu

Zelazu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

Hi I like this a lot. What if we did a vikings vs England type RP in Arathor or in Kul'Tiras during the founding of such kingdoms in like an early medieval WoW era? With the pagans (this guild) vs sort of the Britons (light worshippers). Been watching that Last Kingdom show on Netflix a lot sort of like that. An era where there aren't that many human mages and contact with elves and anything fantastical is quite limited.

#15 Hjalti

Hjalti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:20 PM

Hi I like this a lot. What if we did a vikings vs England type RP in Arathor or in Kul'Tiras during the founding of such kingdoms in like an early medieval WoW era? With the pagans (this guild) vs sort of the Britons (light worshippers). Been watching that Last Kingdom show on Netflix a lot sort of like that. An era where there aren't that many human mages and contact with elves and anything fantastical is quite limited.

once we develop ourselves and really set in stone what this guilds about we'd be down to do some sort of story arc relating to a clash of religions, for sure.

if there was such a guild with their main principle being religion and faith we would not mind at all in creating conflict between the two

#16 Zelazu

Zelazu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:25 PM

once we develop ourselves and really set in stone what this guilds about we'd be down to do some sort of story arc relating to a clash of religions, for sure.

if there was such a guild with their main principle being religion and faith we would not mind at all in creating conflict between the two

Will there be berserkirs? 

#17 Hjalti

Hjalti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:45 PM

Will there be berserkirs? 

If there are people wanting to play one, definitely.

#18 Urumir

Urumir

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:09 AM

I'm totally down to play a proper berserker. Wear the wolf shawl, wield a bearded axe, and indulge in some hallucinogenic drugs before battle. Really cool! Send me a PM with a discord link if you have one, so I can contact you and hit you up in-game!

#19 Zelazu

Zelazu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 07:21 PM

Recently found out that the hallucinogenic mushroom thing was a rumor made up by a Christian monk named Odmann. No mention of mushrooms in actual Nordic literature. Turns out berserkirs were really just that hyped up on battle/believed in their religion that were really going to Valhalla, no drug fueled madness about it.