Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (24 November 2018 - 01:38 PM)

Couple of thousand new/missing gameobjects have been added. Check out the full list here.

@  dr3ad : (23 November 2018 - 02:56 PM)

Fixed 'failed to retrieve' pw field in account panel.

@  dr3ad : (17 November 2018 - 06:41 PM)

Server is once again online and website is back up and running, so you can login/register. 7.3.5 changelog can be viewed here.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Changelog coming soon.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Server is online. Download new client here https://rpheaven.org...nnection-guide/

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 07:44 PM)

Server is undergoing restart and updating to 7.3.5, new client link will be posted in a bit. Stay tuned.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Do not build anything important starting from now as we're taking backup and upgrading to 7.3.5 first in the next couple of days, as a part of transition to BFA.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Fixed Sign Maker in Gameobject Forge.

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

@  dr3ad : (18 June 2018 - 03:21 PM)

Donator Extended rank has been changed a bit. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (07 June 2018 - 10:24 PM)

RPHLite AddOn is now available for download, it's a must have addon and will ship with RPHTiny client by default from now on. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (31 May 2018 - 02:35 PM)

New reward Book Forge has been added! Read more here.

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Phase Review: Verdemyr Isle

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#1 THE traius

THE traius

purple yelling man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:13 PM

Welcome back, soldier. We've been expecting you.

Mission: To determine the quality of Verdemyr Isle [CODENAME: Laketown Two] and offer constructive criticism for the betterment of the phase and RPH as a whole.

PROTOCOL 1: POSITIVE VIBES ONLY.

PROTOCOL 2: Phase will be judged based on 3 categories.

Accuracy to Lore

RP Quality

Build Quality

Deploying UNIT:TRAIUS

ACCURACY TO LORE

This phase, in many areas, is much more accurate to the lore than other phases, something to be appreciated. Most phases completely disregard the fact the Horde and Alliance are at war, and live in a pretend world where conflict never happens and the only enemies are DMed mobs.

It's much more fitting for a constant battlefield being right outside than a playground for adventurers, and I'm glad a phase this big has done that.

But, sadly, that all comes crashing down because of one thing: Ravengarde.

A massive, gleaming set of marble walls, with human garrison buildings everywhere, with solely human and dwarf guards... Everything about this spits in the face of the HORDE V ALLY conflict, and sucks all of the character out of the phase. It's like a shitty neutral town from days gone by was injected into something with life and is just draining all the good RP from it like some weird, nerdy cancer.

And back on track, it just doesn't make any sense. Such a city could be the tide turner for the Alliance's favor; it's obviously led by mostly Alliance races, and it doesn't seem to have any relations with a neutral faction which would justify their lack of action. It feels very lazy, and undercuts what otherwise seems to be very lore-accurate and conducive to good RP.

Score: 4/10. Hopefully something can be done to remedy this.

RP QUALITY

The quality of the roleplay here is, I feel, very underwhelming. While I've looked around the phase and found plenty of opportunity for events to be hosted and DMed, it seems like the phase is guiding me away from all of that. All roads here seem to lead to a tavern, something I could go to a thousand other, smaller phases for, and arguably for a more lore-accurate and quality controlled experience.

It's obvious from the characters in the phase that there isn't any moderation based on quality. Blatantly overpowered characters riddle the place, and I'm almost forced to isolate myself to a few characters I know for sure aren't shitters. Even within the guild 42460 itself I'm left to wonder if there was any sort of vetting process at all.

Though I understand this phase garners quite a few people and it's difficult to moderate, surely it'd be better to set a reasonable cap on players allowed in the phase with .ph cap, at a point where Quintus and his officers are confident that they can keep it clean of painfully inept roleplayers.

Score: 3/10. Again, I think this circles back to Ravengarde, and if it weren't there, the phase could naturally direct RPers away from it and closer to quest-givers and the opportunity for DMed events.

Build Quality

I'm happy to say that Verdemyr seems to be very well built, aside from a few glaring, if temporary issues. If these issues are addressed, I could easily give it a 9/10 score.

My first complaint is going to be Ravengarde (a common theme). It's all built on Monty Tiles, and it's totally flat. Aside from a set of stairs leading to a harbor and another leading to Quintus' personal castle, there isn't any texture to the ground. 

At one point, there's some grassy little unoccupied space that's just horribly awkward.

t7uOcKn.jpg

It's like the building that used to be here just up and left. That's just quackin' crazy, jimbo.

There's also a point in the wall where the wall just kinda stops abruptly. You'd have to see it for yourself to understand, so aren't you lucky that I know how to take screenshots.

ORGO0FA.jpg

But yeah I have no major complaints outside of that. Seems to just be points that are WIP, but weird to host with parts of your phase totally unfinished. This drags the rating down, but when these parts are completed this is, again, a solid 9/10.

Score: 8/10. Good, but with some big things holding it.

Mission completed. Attaching analysis.

This phase has some major potential for very good RP, but it seems to have lost sight of that in pursuit of a larger playerbase, sadly. I want to give this a higher rating, as I know it doesn't deserve only half a point higher than the Suramar Arena phase, but with such a massive guild and almost complete monopoly on public RP, it deserves more criticism and harsher judgment. Not only that, but the pieces are there, and I can't, in good conscience, give a good rating to an unfinished puzzle.

Overall, the rating is 4.5/10. Like I said before, I think most problems circulate around Ravengarde; I'm genuinely impressed with everything else. While I'm 100% sure that it won't happen, I think removing the city entirely would be best for the phase. And another, easier alternative might be for the city to join a faction, or place the spawn much further away so as to designate it more as a small part of the phase as a whole rather than the focus.

Good job, soldier. We'll be seeing you around next time.

i expect ONLY POSITIVE VIBES down below. we aren't here to TEAR OTHERS DOWN we're here to BUILD THEM UP.

• Gavinlad, RichHomieVoraka, Goobs and 13 others like this

f747fa0f79dc7db842075a4a983f7750.png

s-l300.jpg

#2 THE traius

THE traius

purple yelling man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:15 PM

font and colors fucking up for some reason but who cares

s-l300.jpg

#3 Tosspot

Tosspot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:17 PM

Thelsamar and Razor Hill RP best RP.

• THE traius likes this

#4 Heck

Heck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:20 PM

But, sadly, that all comes crashing down because of one thing: Ravengarde.   A massive, gleaming set of marble walls, with human garrison buildings everywhere, with solely human and dwarf guards... Everything about this spits in the face of the HORDE V ALLY conflict, and sucks all of the character out of the phase. It's like a shitty neutral town from days gone by was injected into something with life and is just draining all the good RP from it like some weird, nerdy cancer.

Let's not forget that the Horde tried to take Ravengarde, and Ravengarde somehow managed to repel and defeat them.

The Horde defeated by some shitters in a garrison.

Ravengarde appears to be a 'Mary Sue', but as a location. Seemingly impenetrable, managing to negotiate a ceasefire between the two warring factions and the only actual port on the island seemingly.

EDIT: kayl.jpg

from last night

• Tosspot, Mains Uther and THE traius like this

its boob

#5 Harmont

Harmont

Storyteller

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:30 PM

You took screenshots of... unfinished areas... and... a glitched wall that got fucked over during a restart and no one had fixed it yet? 

IIF96Bb.jpg

• RichHomieVoraka and B0B like this

#6 Cringemaster

Cringemaster

I am the way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:31 PM

Boobs

#7 nephalem

nephalem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:34 PM

Hey, Traius.

If you'd have bothered to ask the phase owners about those screenshots, they LITERALLY just deleted the mage tower yesterday to move it because they had received feedback from people that it could've been in a better spot.

That wall was deleted because they were moving it to make room for the mage tower to make it more appealing for the players.

But I guess you're no different than basic, trashy tabloid journalism. Lol.

Edit: It's also kind of unfortunate that you allow the presence of new players to affect the overall quality of the phase. New players are confused, and to be blunt YES THEY ARE BAD. But it seems like you can either be 1) the phase that gatekeeps roleplay and screens every player and develops a reputation for banning people because they "don't like their RP" or whatever, or 2) the phase that allows ANYONE AND EVERYONE inside of it no matter what, provided they RP within the phase rules.

Can't win with either option, so that's a little unfair. 42460 is new player friendly and there's nothing fucking wrong with that. Lmao.

• Zandrea and Harmont like this

#8 THE traius

THE traius

purple yelling man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:37 PM

If you'd have bothered to ask the phase owners about those screenshots, they LITERALLY just deleted the mage tower yesterday to move it because they had received feedback from people that it could've been in a better spot.   That wall was deleted because they were moving it to make room for the mage tower to make it more appealing for the players.

You took screenshots of... unfinished areas... and... a glitched wall that got fucked over during a restart and no one had fixed it yet? 

Seems to just be points that are WIP, but weird to host with parts of your phase totally unfinished. This drags the rating down, but when these parts are completed this is, again, a solid 9/10.

• Voodoo, Ancient of Lore, Gens and 2 others like this

s-l300.jpg

#9 THE traius

THE traius

purple yelling man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:40 PM

why are you mad about the part that i said was really good

• Gens likes this

s-l300.jpg

#10 Ghunny Boi

Ghunny Boi

not black

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

But I guess you're no different than basic, trashy tabloid journalism. Lol.

he's reviewing rph phases

chill your bean nigga lol

• Storrent likes this

dude

#11 Rec

Rec

apprehended for questionable substances

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:47 PM

honestly its ok with not having a cap or heavy moderation cuz they honestly give people a lot of room to spread out anyway.

like most of the time when I rp me and my friends fuck off in a corner and do our own shit, had some really great rp that way actually and it was nice to not have mods breathing down our neck

yeah he couldve made a better private heavily moderated capped rp experience or he couldve tried to appease to the whole server and let some people reign free as long as what they do makes moderate sense in the setting (maybe not even that moderate, as long as the person isnt interferring they dont seem to care unless they catch em doing dumb shit idk)

just for that i honestly dont mind the phase too much, also quintus doesnt ban for dumb shit anymore like your characters ooc name so thats nice

hey hi Korec the draenei here, providing QUALITY draenei RP for RPH

unknown.png

#12 nephalem

nephalem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:48 PM

why are you mad about the part that i said was really good

It's just sort of weird that those spots were naked for all of about 1 hour total yesterday and yet you used those screenshots in your review. I thought this was about building people up, not highlighting the mistakes.

#13 THE traius

THE traius

purple yelling man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:49 PM

It's just sort of weird that those spots were naked for all of about 1 hour total yesterday and yet you used those screenshots in your review. I thought this was about building people up, not highlighting the mistakes.

i took those screenshots at 1pm est today

s-l300.jpg

#14 Ghunny Boi

Ghunny Boi

not black

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

Hey, Traius.   If you'd have bothered to ask the phase owners about those screenshots, they LITERALLY just deleted the mage tower yesterday to move it because they had received feedback from people that it could've been in a better spot.   That wall was deleted because they were moving it to make room for the mage tower to make it more appealing for the players.   But I guess you're no different than basic, trashy tabloid journalism. Lol.   Edit: It's also kind of unfortunate that you allow the presence of new players to affect the overall quality of the phase. New players are confused, and to be blunt YES THEY ARE BAD. But it seems like you can either be 1) the phase that gatekeeps roleplay and screens every player and develops a reputation for banning people because they "don't like their RP" or whatever, or 2) the phase that allows ANYONE AND EVERYONE inside of it no matter what, provided they RP within the phase rules.   Can't win with either option, so that's a little unfair. 42460 is new player friendly and there's nothing fucking wrong with that. Lmao.

How about, and this is a crazy proposal. One of you, or both of you, I don't care.

Actually respond to this piece of genuine criticism like intelligent individuals?

Seems fair.

• Bullfred likes this

dude

#15 LilStank

LilStank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:00 PM

why would a critique be about building something up mindlessly.

it's about. critiquing.

• THE traius likes this

i dont know where i am please kill me

#16 Hjalti

Hjalti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

:clap2:PHASE  :clap2:REVIEW  :clap2:

very cool

• mfcb95, SalineSeas, WillowTheWisp and 2 others like this

#17 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1127 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:49 PM

I used to be an admin for the phase 42460, and I'd have to say that one of the primary issues that I found with this phase, that really makes it seem like a neutral kingdom, is that it looks and feels empty. Granted, it wasn't as popular then, but I think introducing some NPCs in streets, perhaps performing something as trivial as just leaning on posts would be more immersive. Perhaps moving NPCs around every few days, so that they're not always in the same place, or something, though I wouldn't expect that, since it's quite hard work.

I understand the semi-emptiness is intended for people to populate the area, but I think NPCs help to facilitate things to do. I've found that often, the reason people go to inns and taverns, is because it's the central hub, and also the only place to do stuff, and the only place where there's a higher concentration of NPCs.

Then again, this is just what I remember from a while off, so I might be wrong.
Deus Vult

#18 Revontheus1746

Revontheus1746

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:03 PM

I understand the semi-emptiness is intended for people to populate the area, but I think NPCs help to facilitate things to do. I've found that often, the reason people go to inns and taverns, is because it's the central hub, and also the only place to do stuff, and the only place where there's a higher concentration of NPCs.

This. Don't trust an open world to feel alive without something out there being alive. It can keep digging the same hole for hours, but at least it's doing something.

• Sashka5337 likes this
Spoiler

#19 THE traius

THE traius

purple yelling man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

and those npcs would be doubly immersive if there were moderators around to DM them and make the setting feel alive

• Sashka5337 likes this

s-l300.jpg

#20 RoberTheForlorne

RoberTheForlorne

thiccest of roys

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 09:31 PM

Traius is right in all of this. Harmont has never been a man to make well-moderated phases, both in roleplayer or DM aspects. I give this phase two weeks before death or drama combustion.

• Riolidan likes this

I am the thiccest.

I am the Roy.

I am the thiccest of Roys.

I am Thiccroy.

Relax

Writing a book, come and beta read it, why doncha?
https://rpheaven.org...ndpost&p=164027

Spoiler

My Stories