Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 07:37 PM)

All issues resolved. Server is back online.

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 06:52 PM)

We are aware of the CDN issue that prevents you from opening Wow. We are working on resolving it.

@  dr3ad : (09 March 2019 - 08:53 PM)

Fixed some crashes, almost 2 days uptime now.

@  dr3ad : (24 November 2018 - 01:38 PM)

Couple of thousand new/missing gameobjects have been added. Check out the full list here.

@  dr3ad : (23 November 2018 - 02:56 PM)

Fixed 'failed to retrieve' pw field in account panel.

@  dr3ad : (17 November 2018 - 06:41 PM)

Server is once again online and website is back up and running, so you can login/register. 7.3.5 changelog can be viewed here.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Changelog coming soon.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Server is online. Download new client here https://rpheaven.org...nnection-guide/

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 07:44 PM)

Server is undergoing restart and updating to 7.3.5, new client link will be posted in a bit. Stay tuned.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Do not build anything important starting from now as we're taking backup and upgrading to 7.3.5 first in the next couple of days, as a part of transition to BFA.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Fixed Sign Maker in Gameobject Forge.

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

Photo
- - - - -

NPC Scripting, When target casts spell problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Akalies

Akalies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:53 PM

I'm twenty five and have never made a forum post in my life. That out of the way,

Spell cast detection via scripts doesn't seem to be working.

The original idea was a pet npc owned by the player would detect a spell the owner target cast, and nothing happened.

I tried with with many different spells, and then set the ID to 0 so it would pick up any spell I cast.

NONE OF THE SPELLS WERE INSTANT. I tried player spells, and random boss spells, all with cast times. I tried making it so the npc was no longer a pet, and the target was nearest player. Then I tried putting it on an enemy, and had the target be current victim. Nothing seemed to trigger the effect event, I even tried changing that a bunch from simple 'NPC talk' to random movement.

There is another event called 'When Spell Hits the Target', but that one has a 'school' parameter and I don't know the IDs for spell schools. If it just doesn't work I guess you can delete this, but I might not understand exactly how targetting works. I got both Owner Target and Current Victim Target to work with other scripts, just nothing as far as casting.

#2 Scott

Scott

Donator

• Donator
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 05:13 AM

Do they cost mana? They wont work if they consume mana but the NPC does not have it.

#3 Akalies

Akalies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:05 PM

The Player is casting the spell

The script has the "When target cast spell" condition

The event that plays was arbitrary, I tried changing it from NPC talk to NPC move forward, just to see if that changed anything but it never seemed to fire.

The Target is "Summoner or Owner", and the player is set as  the owner is set in a previous script. I also tried using "Nearest friendly player"

The scripted NPC doesn't have mana, but his action wasn't ever to cast a spell. I just wanted to know if the condition was ever met by making him talk or move, or die. 

No response, even after trying different spells with and with out mana, and the other target type of "nearest friendly player".

"Nearest Friendly Player" worked when setting the player as his owner, on the first script.

#4 just 'Neth'

just 'Neth'

Master Creator, Host and Script-fanatic

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1982 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:14 PM

"Summoner or Owner" is valid when the NPC has been summoned by the player with the "Summon NPC" action.

That happens if another NPC uses "Summon NPC" and is targeting e.g. "closest player" or maybe "action invoker" for gossip.
The summoned NPC can then use scripts targeting the same player who was either "closest player" or "action invoker" in this instance.

im a game dev or something now i guess

#5 Akalies

Akalies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 04:31 AM

The "Summon NPC" event works just fine, it's "When target casts spell" trigger that doesn't seem to do anything.
I've tried different spell parameters as well as casting different spells. Then I tried using different targets.
If some one could make or show me an example of " When target casts spell" that works then I can figure out what other part I had wrong. But I don't know if " when target casts spell" works at all.