Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 07:37 PM)

All issues resolved. Server is back online.

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 06:52 PM)

We are aware of the CDN issue that prevents you from opening Wow. We are working on resolving it.

@  dr3ad : (09 March 2019 - 08:53 PM)

Fixed some crashes, almost 2 days uptime now.

@  dr3ad : (24 November 2018 - 01:38 PM)

Couple of thousand new/missing gameobjects have been added. Check out the full list here.

@  dr3ad : (23 November 2018 - 02:56 PM)

Fixed 'failed to retrieve' pw field in account panel.

@  dr3ad : (17 November 2018 - 06:41 PM)

Server is once again online and website is back up and running, so you can login/register. 7.3.5 changelog can be viewed here.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Changelog coming soon.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Server is online. Download new client here https://rpheaven.org...nnection-guide/

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 07:44 PM)

Server is undergoing restart and updating to 7.3.5, new client link will be posted in a bit. Stay tuned.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Do not build anything important starting from now as we're taking backup and upgrading to 7.3.5 first in the next couple of days, as a part of transition to BFA.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Fixed Sign Maker in Gameobject Forge.

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

Photo

Update on the CAS issue?

cdn cas

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Wiggins

Wiggins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:20 AM

Are there any updates regarding the cdn CAS issue?
From what I've researched for the past six hours, everyone who redownloaded RPH during the cdn repair, are now unable to connect to RPH even after the "fix".

People are getting an error message similar to this, if I'm correct.

YoBOj81.png

I'd love to know if you've got any updates regarding this problem, or if you're even looking into it at all.
It seems like the current client you download from the connection guide is no longer working due to this error.

EDIT: So it seems that the client is attempting to connect to the Retail EU CDN instead for whatever reason. Anyone's got any ideas of how to fix that?

#2 Russian Ivan

Russian Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:26 AM

Right-click wow.exe and run it as administrator.
1.png

#3 Wiggins

Wiggins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:30 AM

Right-click wow.exe and run it as administrator.

Have done that like 50 times already.

#4 wgscarletrose

wgscarletrose

Personal Grey-ish Mage

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:06 AM

Have done that like 50 times already.

Try your old client if you still have it. There was no reason to redownload, as it wasn't a client-side issue. Just a heads-up for the next time this happens.
If this is affecting everyone who redownloaded during the downtime (i'm not sure if the archive is kept similarly to the CDN content so this is a guess) You may have a partially corrupt client? I can't begin to think of why that would be the case, but it's something.

#5 Wiggins

Wiggins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:47 AM

Try your old client if you still have it. There was no reason to redownload, as it wasn't a client-side issue. Just a heads-up for the next time this happens.
If this is affecting everyone who redownloaded during the downtime (i'm not sure if the archive is kept similarly to the CDN content so this is a guess) You may have a partially corrupt client? I can't begin to think of why that would be the case, but it's something.

I sadly deleted the old client prematurely, and when I found out that I'd need the old client, you can imagine how frustrated I got. Haha.
The error remains and I'm pretty sure the current resolvement of yesterday's cdn issue is not compatible with the current download of RPH. That's just a guess, but everyone seems to have the same problem.

EDIT: Actually, if someone could compile the old client into a zip and send it my way, that'd be very much appreciated.

#6 wgscarletrose

wgscarletrose

Personal Grey-ish Mage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:39 AM

I sadly deleted the old client prematurely, and when I found out that I'd need the old client, you can imagine how frustrated I got. Haha.
The error remains and I'm pretty sure the current resolvement of yesterday's cdn issue is not compatible with the current download of RPH. That's just a guess, but everyone seems to have the same problem.

EDIT: Actually, if someone could compile the old client into a zip and send it my way, that'd be very much appreciated.

technically it should have absolutely nothing to do with it, so let's try some troubleshooting steps before we have someone pack up their client.
Where do you keep your client folder? IS it on the desktop?

#7 Wiggins

Wiggins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:45 AM

technically it should have absolutely nothing to do with it, so let's try some troubleshooting steps before we have someone pack up their client.
Where do you keep your client folder? IS it on the desktop?

I've tried all kind of directories. Desktop, my original hard drive and even my external hard drive. Same error everytime.
I also just recently tried running an older patch of the Wow.exe, and I could boot the game up, but of course, I couldn't join the server because it's an old patch.
So with this, I think it's the .exe itself?? I'm not sure.

#8 wgscarletrose

wgscarletrose

Personal Grey-ish Mage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:46 AM

I've tried all kind of directories. Desktop, my original hard drive and even my external hard drive. Same error everytime.
I also just recently tried running an older patch of the Wow.exe, and I could boot the game up, but of course, I couldn't join the server because it's an old patch.
So with this, I think it's the .exe itself?? I'm not sure.

give me your name on discord and I'll send you my exe. I'm not sure it'll be the solution but it's worth trying.

#9 Wiggins

Wiggins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:50 AM

give me your name on discord and I'll send you my exe. I'm not sure it'll be the solution but it's worth trying.

Sent you a PM.

#10 Wiggins

Wiggins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:26 AM

So it seems that the client is attempting to connect to the Retail EU CDN instead for whatever reason.

BOcfm4b.png

Anyone's got any ideas of how to fix that?

#11 wgscarletrose

wgscarletrose

Personal Grey-ish Mage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:43 PM

@dr3ad @Goudy
Any chance either of you can shed some light on this? I tried all I could to help him solve this last night, but stuff relating to how the server connects to and serves the client is a bit out of my league.

• SilentSepa likes this

#12 SilentSepa

SilentSepa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:43 PM

Considering the error itself, at the bottom, mentions that it failed to fetch CDN configuration, I assume that it -IS- the CDN issue, otherwise, it would have no problem re-downloading it.

Then again, it may have been fixed when it comes to players accessing the server itself, but downloading it might still be corrupt/down, and considering that, as he said, he isn't the only one with the problem, it most likely -is- that.

Has nothing much to do with people having deleted it and whatnot during the CDN down time, but as long as this isn't fixed, any new/returning players have absolutely no chance of being able to re-download the game itself, which is an issue.

#13 Goudy

Goudy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1704 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:23 PM

We are working on fixing it.

• wgscarletrose likes this

#14 wgscarletrose

wgscarletrose

Personal Grey-ish Mage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 05:34 PM

We are working on fixing it.

Much appreciated.

#15 Goudy

Goudy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1704 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 06:07 PM

It's fixed.

• wgscarletrose likes this

#16 Kammax

Kammax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:12 PM

Im standing with the same problem, but it hasn't been fixed for me. I've tried re-installing it today, but I get the same issue every time ... I haven't been able to play for three days, and I've tried to reinstall it several times every day, in case I did something wrong. unknown.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cdn, cas