Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (03 December 2019 - 05:13 PM)

Added BFA NPCs to database. You can now also make 8.2/bfa NPCs in NPC forge. Also published list of 8.2 NPCs here and list of all BFA gameobjects here.

@  dr3ad : (20 November 2019 - 01:26 AM)

Fixed creation of custom items, all newly made items will now appear correctly. Also voting on Xtremetop100 now works and will award vote coins.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2019 - 09:53 PM)

Performing minor maintenance, server up within 30 mins.

@  dr3ad : (07 November 2019 - 09:33 PM)

Minor downtime while some issues were worked on, server back online.

@  dr3ad : (07 November 2019 - 04:36 AM)

Item Forge now fully works with hidden (NPC) displays and custom items were wiped, however there won't be any more wipes in the future. Also .refresh no longer displays annoying goggles.

@  dr3ad : (05 November 2019 - 05:43 AM)

Server back online.

@  dr3ad : (05 November 2019 - 02:51 AM)

We are having some issues with the host machine, non related to RPH and we're working to bring server up asap.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2019 - 08:04 PM)

Server back up, we shouldn't be seeing any long downtimes anymore as all issues have been addressed.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2019 - 05:37 AM)

Server back online, had some downtime while installing server restarter on new host.

@  dr3ad : (02 November 2019 - 07:53 PM)

Server up also gameobjects are back, we had some downtime due to transfer to a new better host.

@  dr3ad : (02 November 2019 - 04:09 AM)

Download new 8.2.5 client here. Custom gameobject patch has been disabled temporary as we're fixing the way custom patch is streamed to the client. Custom gobs will be back within 24 hours.

@  dr3ad : (01 November 2019 - 10:26 PM)

We updated to 8.2.5 as we had some issues due to Blizzcon today removing 8.2.0 version from their content delivery network and hence half of people getting "Streaming error". We will post new 8.2.5 Wow.exe in couple of minutes, you just need to drag it into your existing RPHTiny/_retail_ folder.

@  dr3ad : (31 October 2019 - 05:19 PM)

Make sure to delete your cache folder if you experience freeze on character selection screen.

@  dr3ad : (30 October 2019 - 10:59 PM)

If you had problem where your RPHLauncher wouldn't launch at all, try again now.

@  dr3ad : (26 October 2019 - 02:57 AM)

Fixed crashes that were just happening due to crashy spell. Server up in 2 mins.

@  dr3ad : (23 October 2019 - 04:40 PM)

Fixed crashes happening in start as well as in other phases.

@  dr3ad : (22 October 2019 - 06:52 PM)

You can now make Night Elves with Nightwarrior eyes. It should be under Skin section.

@  dr3ad : (17 October 2019 - 01:15 AM)

Added feature "Lookup retail NPC equipment" to the account panel for the upcoming item forge, can be seen on the right.

@  dr3ad : (16 October 2019 - 12:41 PM)

18 hours uptime. #record

@  dr3ad : (14 October 2019 - 08:56 PM)

Fixed some important performance issues, server back online

Photo

Persistant Dark Skybox

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PewPewKapowy

PewPewKapowy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:22 PM

On June the 14th I logged onto WoW to build some stuff. My building location is located above the Frozen Sea south of Northrend. However I stumbled upon this unusually dark skybox (See image below) that only has a solitary star in the south west. Upon flying toward the mainland the aurora borealis started to appear but the sky still remained abnormally dark. Only when I entered Grizzly Hills airspace did the darkness disappear and low and behold: A bright day skybox was revealed.

Relogging and clearing cache didn't help. Teleporting elsewhere worked SOMETIMES. Teleporting to Westfall always dismissed the issue, and teleporting to the Grizzly Hills fixed the issue half of the time. (NOTE: When I say fixed I mean temporarily.) I do have an item in my inventory that creates nighttime, however I didn't have this equipped and equipping it actually made the a little brighter + added stars. I also have been under the effect of a nighttime spell when I entered the Whitehaven phase, though no buffs remain as I did .unaura all to no avail. On that day I started writing this thread, but deleted it when a server restart fixed the issue. Someone suggested that I ask a donator to summon me but that didn't work either.

Today is June the 16th and the same problem returned. Someone in announce suggested I do .phase skybox 1 but that didn't do the trick either. On top of that the command .phase time has reversed effects. Setting the time to day causes nighttime and visa versa. All of my characters experience these bugs and one other player that appeared me said they saw the exact same thing. Thank you for your attention

JbN8QQ4.png

Yes I know my windows isn't activated. And no I don't think it's related to the issue.

#2 wgscarletrose

wgscarletrose

Personal Grey-ish Mage

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:20 PM

On June the 14th I logged onto WoW to build some stuff. My building location is located above the Frozen Sea south of Northrend. However I stumbled upon this unusually dark skybox (See image below) that only has a solitary star in the south west. Upon flying toward the mainland the aurora borealis started to appear but the sky still remained abnormally dark. Only when I entered Grizzly Hills airspace did the darkness disappear and low and behold: A bright day skybox was revealed.

Relogging and clearing cache didn't help. Teleporting elsewhere worked SOMETIMES. Teleporting to Westfall always dismissed the issue, and teleporting to the Grizzly Hills fixed the issue half of the time. (NOTE: When I say fixed I mean temporarily.) I do have an item in my inventory that creates nighttime, however I didn't have this equipped and equipping it actually made the a little brighter + added stars. I also have been under the effect of a nighttime spell when I entered the Whitehaven phase, though no buffs remain as I did .unaura all to no avail. On that day I started writing this thread, but deleted it when a server restart fixed the issue. Someone suggested that I ask a donator to summon me but that didn't work either.

Today is June the 16th and the same problem returned. Someone in announce suggested I do .phase skybox 1 but that didn't do the trick either. On top of that the command .phase time has reversed effects. Setting the time to day causes nighttime and visa versa. All of my characters experience these bugs and one other player that appeared me said they saw the exact same thing. Thank you for your attention

JbN8QQ4.png

Yes I know my windows isn't activated. And no I don't think it's related to the issue.

Worry not, your illegal copy of Windows has nothing to do with it. I encountered this issue as well. I'm not particularly sure why this happens. I would like to know, though. As I have one of my favorite builds there.

#3 Khelbyn

Khelbyn

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:20 AM

If you want to activate your windows-

https://thepiratebay...ws_10_Activator

Note: Skulls for a user on TPB are a good sign.
For most antiviruses, it's going to show up as a virus. Most cracks for games or programs do.

Posted Image

#4 wgscarletrose

wgscarletrose

Personal Grey-ish Mage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:21 AM

If you want to activate your windows-

https://thepiratebay...ws_10_Activator

Note: Skulls for a user on TPB are a good sign.
For most antiviruses, it's going to show up as a virus. Most cracks for games or programs do.

or if they prefer to leave it, it doesn't really hurt anything. Let's stick to finding a fix for the dark skybox.

Something to add to this, it completely disables all lighting, so maybe it could be an effect similar to Start's reverse time problem.

#5 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1343 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:58 AM

If you have shadowstep, unlearning it and then restarting the client may help. I think.
Deus Vult

#6 wgscarletrose

wgscarletrose

Personal Grey-ish Mage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:05 AM

If you have shadowstep, unlearning it and then restarting the client may help. I think.

Personally I don't have that spell, so I don't think it's related.

The issue seems isolated to the water around northrend. Teleporting elsewhere will display the proper skybox and lighting for the chosen area, but I'm not sure if teleporting back to the area with this problem will fix it.

#7 Goudy

Goudy

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1734 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:55 AM

No idea what may be causing it, haven't heard of it before.

#8 Dove

Dove

banana chip

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1574 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:06 PM

It means the end is near.