Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 07:37 PM)

All issues resolved. Server is back online.

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 06:52 PM)

We are aware of the CDN issue that prevents you from opening Wow. We are working on resolving it.

@  dr3ad : (09 March 2019 - 08:53 PM)

Fixed some crashes, almost 2 days uptime now.

@  dr3ad : (24 November 2018 - 01:38 PM)

Couple of thousand new/missing gameobjects have been added. Check out the full list here.

@  dr3ad : (23 November 2018 - 02:56 PM)

Fixed 'failed to retrieve' pw field in account panel.

@  dr3ad : (17 November 2018 - 06:41 PM)

Server is once again online and website is back up and running, so you can login/register. 7.3.5 changelog can be viewed here.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Changelog coming soon.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Server is online. Download new client here https://rpheaven.org...nnection-guide/

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 07:44 PM)

Server is undergoing restart and updating to 7.3.5, new client link will be posted in a bit. Stay tuned.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Do not build anything important starting from now as we're taking backup and upgrading to 7.3.5 first in the next couple of days, as a part of transition to BFA.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Fixed Sign Maker in Gameobject Forge.

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

Photo

Help with roleplaying a Night Elf

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 mfcb95

mfcb95

Donator Extended

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 08:28 PM

I've been really wanting to create a night elf toon, I took the time to read up on their lore more and learn some important details, however the guides I found are outdated, anyone mind giving me some pointers or things I should keep in mind so I don't make an ass of myself?

8.jpg

#2 Generic DH

Generic DH

Blind

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:14 PM

Night elves aren't exactly my forte, but if you know the lore you've already done more than some players out there so there's no harm in trying, it's not such a tragedy if you make a mistake, you can learn from it.

#3 Ancient of Lore

Ancient of Lore

they made me do this

• PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 09:20 PM

nelves exist in a perpetual in-between state of "should i wear clothes for once" and "if u cut tree i cut u"

and also societal issues like males and females actually being able to do the same jobs for once like its some kinda revelation

fr though if you enjoy rping as something then it's natural to do research on it and become better in time, by your own standards

2cd68583a9f55d8158400df9d4aa6fa9.jpg?wid

Main Character:

Vonymir Talneth

#4 Smodge

Smodge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 10:44 PM

It all boils down to choosing what kind of Kaldorei you're imagining to play. There are the conservatives, who are mostly inspired by the savage aspects portrayed in Warcraft 3 and all history belonging to the previous eras. There are the "modern", who have adapted well to the recent inclusion of the Kaldorei into the Alliance. There are now also the vengeful, often in extension of the conservatives who now have reason to act on their old hatreds and more savage nature in wake of Teldrassil's burning. Even among these three we're obviously speaking about a continuum, as in somewhere between. Is your Kaldorei in favor of the re-inclusion of the Highborne, or is your Kaldorei secretly whispering in dismay over the High Priestess' deciscion? Is your Kaldorei true to the strict hiearchy of the Kaldorei society, or more flexible and leaning towards modern adaptations?

The lore is also important, especially since the Kaldorei have such long lives. There's a lot to keep in mind at all times, and your character should be aware of details surrounding at least a handful of key events: War of the Ancients and the Shattering, The Long Vigil (War of the Satyr and War of the Shifting Sands) and the Third War (second coming of the Legion) are among the most central. Culture's also central, because they live in a strictly religious matriarchy. They follow the women in extension of the High Priestess and her Sisterhood of Elune. Their army, the Sentinels, are also female (mostly anyway). The druids of course have their place, but it is the women who are in command, and the druids (even Malfurion when opposed to Tyrande) all know their place when it comes down to it. Elune is key, and Kaldorei who are not devout towards Elune and the Sisterhood have no place in their society.

Mmmm... I hope this makes sense for you, though only a brief lie of the land.

• mfcb95, Ezcu and Ashwing like this

#5 Russian Ivan

Russian Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:25 AM

best course of action - don't play.

1.png

#6 mfcb95

mfcb95

Donator Extended

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 02:56 AM

best course of action - don't play.

Thank you for the constructive feedback :)

8.jpg

#7 Riolidan

Riolidan

Fart Gobbler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:03 AM

Play a tall amazon elf babe and slap a foot long dick on there, that's Kaldorei rp.

• mfcb95, Vellectra and Generic DH like this

jd2HVd.gif

95b4a49aa3.jpg

#8 Cameron144

Cameron144

Infinitely Many Characters

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 05:48 AM

In terms of their style it can go a few different ways. As mentioned previously there are those who are more stuck in their old ways and likely carry themselves with an air of uptightedness or sophistication, perhaps even bitter or resentful at times, and there are others who are a bit more open to things, trying new things, and things like that. And I think that's about all I could say without sort of dictating how you should roleplay your character.

There's a lot of routes you could take from the spiteful priestess to the adventurous and outgoing archeologist.

#9 Icetorn

Icetorn

umm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:30 AM

uptightedness or sophistication, perhaps even bitter or resentful at times,

Source for this? This is the single dumbest thing anyone has ever said on RPH.

Someone already said this, but we have traditionalists, who indulge in a modest lifestyle and are self sufficient, foraging, hunting and doing their own thing out in the wild, and the adaptive, who live in cities/big communities and participate in politics, trade, commerce, exploration, socialnessness and in very rare cases non carnal romance. And then there are the druids which do not fall into any of those above, which would be the Moonglade druids that slept in the barrow. Those can either sit in Moonglade all day and chill or up and down Hyjal and reconnect with the totems in a form of pilgrimage. 

Finally, many druids are in the Cenarion Circle, which is the place you want, I think, when you RP. Because you can justify RPing pretty much w/e you want as 'The Circle sent me here, no you can't know what my mission is fuck off'. 

Women were always a thing, so don't worry about playing a woman druid or a man priest. Perhaps some dissonance here comes from the fact that in war3 the elves were a fucking village of maybe 500 people, of which half of them were druids and slept in the barrowdens. And then in legion we went to big fucking tree city with millions upon millions of inhabitants. 

The way I RP elves is as I see them - boring. Or rather, unenthusiastic. There is no rush to get anywhere or do anything. I like to give them human traits like trying to make jokes, but failing and being slightly uninspiring to behold and interact with. My Tanno is, in fact, a man of the world, but is so dull that he doesn't come across as the experienced survivalist he actually is. He is very modest. He can morph into all of the totems, heal forests, commune with nature, hunt dangerous beasts, but then when asked he says "Oh, noo, I'm a junior druid'. And he is a junior druid not because he's not powerful but because he is young - only 400, which I RP as 20ish. 

podlau98f16.png

aludop9c81d.png

poudala2b80.png

#10 NYCMSjable

NYCMSjable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 09:27 PM

The cleaning firm carries out cleaning of areas of different sizes as well as arrangements.

The firm's professionals supply cleansing with the aid of modern-day innovations, have unique devices, and additionally have accredited detergents in their collection. Along with the above advantages, glass of wines supply: positive prices; cleaning quickly; top quality outcomes; greater than 100 favorable testimonials. Cleansing offices will assist keep your work environment in order for the most effective work. Any type of company is very vital environment in the team. Cleaning up services that can be gotten cheaply now can aid to organize it as well as provide a comfortable room for labor.

If essential, we leave cleansing the kitchen 2-3 hours after putting the order. You obtain cleaning as soon as possible.

We supply expert maids manhattan for personal customers. Using European devices and accredited devices, we achieve maximum results and also supply cleaning quickly.

We offer discounts for those that make use of the solution for the very first time, along with favorable regards to collaboration for regular customers.

Our pleasant group supplies you to obtain familiarized with favorable regards to collaboration for company customers. We properly approach our activities, clean using professional cleansing items as well as customized tools. Our staff members are educated, have medical publications and know with the nuances of removing complicated and hard-to-remove dirt from surface areas.

We offer high-grade cleansing for big ventures as well as tiny companies of different instructions, with a price cut of up to 25%.

#11 ZexOmnivore

ZexOmnivore

Lvl 4 Swappy Spook Gf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 August 2019 - 10:21 PM

Firstly, the Lore is daunting after the Cataclysm. If you can stomach being the story punching bag, retcons up the wazoo, racial leaders with no more than two brain cells and ceaseless ERP invites - Kaldorei are enjoyable.

I'll just do some bullet points, based on how I like to play 'em. Feel free to rebut.

- Love Elune.

Every Kaldorei loves Elune, even the Demon hunters. A misotheistic Kaldorei or a willing one of a different faith makes as much sense as putting a toothpick between your toe nail and kicking the wall.  

- The Markings matter.

Someone made a headcannon take on what the markings mean (https://www.wowhead....-they-represent).

Long story short - Every Kaldorei, presumably males too, have their facial markings given to them by their mentor upon proving themselves - Each one being unique, representing the various traits of the Kaldorei. If a Kaldorei doesn't have these markings, they're a highbourne or they're a child - Or they're unproven thus considered incompetent. 

- Not born on Teldrassil.

You would be surprised how many people haven't played WC3 or pressed the skip button to the ERP. Teldrassil isn't old at all, it was only made at the start of ClassicWoW in the timeline - So unless the character is a child or a teen, that's a no-no. If you're unsure, 'Kalimdor' is a good bet.

- Kaldorei don't like magic.

Whilst it was de-stigmatized during the Cataclysm and isn't considered a persecutional offence - Arcanists in the forests, especially around Moonwells, should feel unwelcome. Whilst they're allied with magic users and see the benefit, Kaldorei should bite their tongue when in league with a mage - And when in the forests, should remind them to stay away from Moonwells, as even Highbourne and Queldorei are barely tolerated. 

- Independence and Neutrality

In my opinion, this is a pain. You can convince people that your character put the needs of themselves or of the forest over the needs of the Alliance/Tyrande and went independent - But it's based on the assumption Tyrande snorted fridgemold and forgot about the forest was on fire. You see Kaldorei in the Silverhand, The Uncrowned and of course the Cenarion Circle. It's all viable, just prepare to base their decisions off the lore of the Cataclysm, which is about as appealing as being homosexual in the middle east.

- Nightwarriors

As much as it makes me want to listen to Judas Priest like I was 18 again, sucks - As cool as it looks, it's actually just one big retcon. Kaldorei OCs are sandbagged to Tyrande level useless and are promptly shafted by Nathanos because they aren't Jiana. If you are a decent Kaldorei roleplayer, do not roleplay a Nightwarrior. 

- All female warriors, bar druids, are priests.

Priestesses, unlike human priests, should be considered warriors - And the Sentinel are more or less their Paladins. Unless they're a druid, or raised by druids - Females are priests. Elune is a god of war and favours the protectors of Azeroth and those who wish to preserve it (If that took you by surprise and you feel dumb - It took Tyrande five expansions). Whilst all the Kaldorei nationalists and warmongers in the form of the Druids of the Flame died in the Cataclysm along Staghelm, it really doesn't make sense to be an altruistic Kaldorei.

Unless it's toward nature. Nature is cool.

Also Elune deadass bonked a stag have fun

• Esadan likes this

// Characters & Phases \\

Spoiler

Always up for Rp / Chat! Contact me here / In-game / Ask for my DiscordTag!

#12 Cameron144

Cameron144

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 04:11 AM

This is the single dumbest thing anyone has ever said on RPH.

You must not have been here long if the bar for stupidity is an example of how someone could roleplay their character. No one said anything about it being the norm or it being standard. Just that it's possible. If you're looking for clarification, uptightedness is referring to the way they may interact with certain races. With gnomes and especially goblins, they may be viewed as uptight for looking down on the usage of machinery. The very same applies to other aspects as well, such as death knights, demon hunter's, maybe even warlocks and those associated with the void as well.

Bitterness could also be applied to any of the mentioned above as well, since they often times go hand in hand, but in many cases, don't. Mind you this all OCCASIONALLY applies to the more conservative elves. Not that I really need to explain this all to some retard on the forums pounding his chest over advice that wasn't even directed to them. Thanks, but you can fuck right off. 

I like to give them human traits

Especially after that nonsense.

#13 Esadan

Esadan

poopoo peepee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 06:49 AM

the simplest advice one could give in my opinion would simply be to just follow the lore as closely as possible and dont act like an edgy retard

• Sitra and ZexOmnivore like this

imagine unironically being a roleplayer

#14 Icetorn

Icetorn

umm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 08:07 AM

You must not have been here long if the bar for stupidity is an example of how someone could roleplay their character. No one said anything about it being the norm or it being standard. Just that it's possible. If you're looking for clarification, uptightedness is referring to the way they may interact with certain races. With gnomes and especially goblins, they may be viewed as uptight for looking down on the usage of machinery. The very same applies to other aspects as well, such as death knights, demon hunter's, maybe even warlocks and those associated with the void as well.

SOURCE?! Where are you basing your advice off of? 

Not that I really need to explain this all to some retard on the forums pounding his chest over advice that wasn't even directed to them. Thanks, but you can fuck right off. 

Defensive much? How pathetic and limited do you have to be to explode in a forum post and attack a person that you don't even know over calling you out for providing information in a topic without citing a source and acting high and mighty over it as if you've penned punditry. Do me a favor kid, show this to your parents. And ask them to explain to you that, you see, that is not how you're supposed to act even under the hood of anonymity. 
I know you won't do that because you'd be ashamed. Think about why that is. 

podlau98f16.png

aludop9c81d.png

poudala2b80.png

#15 Cameron144

Cameron144

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:31 PM

Defensive much? How pathetic and limited do you have to be to explode in a forum post and attack a person that you don't even know over calling you out for providing information in a topic without citing a source

And where are your sources? Oh, I can answer that, you haven't provided any either. The point of the post was asking for constructive advice yet you come on here bashing on my two cents, a person that you don't even know. No one's exploding just because they're using big boy words, I know that's probably beyond your comprehension, and I'm sorry if the f word offends you :(

On a more serious note, don't expect anyone to treat you respectfully when you don't do the very same. That's the golden rule, maybe you were absent that day during school.

#16 Cameron144

Cameron144

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 03:42 PM

You:

SOURCE?!

Also you:

I like to give them human traits

#17 Thegnar

Thegnar

living legend honestly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:03 PM

Source for this? This is the single dumbest thing anyone has ever said on RPH.

i mean like less than like 20 years ago they werent opposed to killing basically every other playable race (if you played the wc3 campaign, in which by the way there was very definitely a big population, including jobs i.e priesthood and watchers to name those obvious ones) and they've just always been xenophobic. 

not to mention teldrassil burning lmfao, i think that would make them pretty bitter to everyone that isnt them innit

• Cameron144 likes this

sVInm46.png

They've arrived.

#18 Auriels Ascension

Auriels Ascension

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 August 2019 - 07:20 PM

poop

#19 Icetorn

Icetorn

umm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 08:26 AM

No one's exploding just because they're using big boy words

lol

i mean like less than like 20 years ago they werent opposed to killing basically every other playable race (if you played the wc3 campaign, in which by the way there was very definitely a big population, including jobs i.e priesthood and watchers to name those obvious ones) and they've just always been xenophobic. 

While this is true(mostly), it also does not make them unsophisticated or uptight. The War of the Ancients show them as quite the opposite as a community, and the cited war3 basically portrays them as simple forest people that simply kill interlopers, opting to not interact with them at all.

I think that the first ever Nelf faction to be produced outside of Darnassus was the Cenarion Circle, in which night elves are portrayed as apt politicians and shrewd diplomats because they secure neutrality and enable horde and alliance druids to coexist and work together and are, for all intents and purposes, backed up in everything they do by both the alliance and the horde. 

Also, both the Sentinels and the Watchers are disciplined soldiers that follow orders. Uprightness is really not the right word to use for their edgy silentness in the corner. They're more racially socially awkward and emotion or lack there of has nothing to do with that. 

not to mention teldrassil burning lmfao, i think that would make them pretty bitter to everyone that isnt them innit

No they're not bitter? There's not enough left of them to be bitter. This was genocide not war. A retaliatory strike would not be possible by the Nelves alone. The ones that are still alive are either dying in Darkshore or being bums in Stormwind. But yes, that's going to be tough for the Alliance. They weren't there when they should have been and Grandmaster Malfurion Norris wasn't as powerful as all dat. Sylvanas overcoming him where Archimonde failed is fan service at best but this is besides the point. 

podlau98f16.png

aludop9c81d.png

poudala2b80.png

#20 Esadan

Esadan

poopoo peepee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:15 PM

No they're not bitter? There's not enough left of them to be bitter.

.....?

just because a large margin of their race got ass-fucked by the horde war machine doesn't mean the xenophobic warrior people who hold the forest sacred wont (on an individual basis) act hostile towards literal outright enemies that have nearly massacred their entire formerly peaceful civilisation 

• Sitra likes this

imagine unironically being a roleplayer