Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 07:37 PM)

All issues resolved. Server is back online.

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 06:52 PM)

We are aware of the CDN issue that prevents you from opening Wow. We are working on resolving it.

@  dr3ad : (09 March 2019 - 08:53 PM)

Fixed some crashes, almost 2 days uptime now.

@  dr3ad : (24 November 2018 - 01:38 PM)

Couple of thousand new/missing gameobjects have been added. Check out the full list here.

@  dr3ad : (23 November 2018 - 02:56 PM)

Fixed 'failed to retrieve' pw field in account panel.

@  dr3ad : (17 November 2018 - 06:41 PM)

Server is once again online and website is back up and running, so you can login/register. 7.3.5 changelog can be viewed here.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Changelog coming soon.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Server is online. Download new client here https://rpheaven.org...nnection-guide/

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 07:44 PM)

Server is undergoing restart and updating to 7.3.5, new client link will be posted in a bit. Stay tuned.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Do not build anything important starting from now as we're taking backup and upgrading to 7.3.5 first in the next couple of days, as a part of transition to BFA.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Fixed Sign Maker in Gameobject Forge.

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

Photo

Help with roleplaying a Night Elf

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Icetorn

Icetorn

umm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 12:46 PM

xenophobic warrior

entire formerly peaceful civilisation 

You are not even trying ;(

podlau98f16.png

aludop9c81d.png

poudala2b80.png

#22 Esadan

Esadan

poopoo peepee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 01:22 PM

You are not even trying ;(

oh no u got me good there haha nice one budd- stfu 

now, do me a favour and read this very carefully: 

the culture and current military standpoint of a race when considered in context of the lore are two entirely different things 

just because a race has a warrior-like culture (which, the night elves do, as a lot of people seem to forget) doesnt mean they're outright hostile to everyone 24/7 which is basically what i meant

imagine unironically being a roleplayer

#23 Icetorn

Icetorn

umm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 02:08 PM

oh no u got me good there haha nice one budd- stfu    now, do me a favour and read this very carefully:  the culture and current military standpoint of a race when considered in context of the lore are two entirely different things  just because a race has a warrior-like culture (which, the night elves do, as a lot of people seem to forget) doesnt mean they're outright hostile to everyone 24/7 which is basically what i meant

2 things. 

1: You contradict yourself AGAIN. Xenophobic + Militaristic means all out war on everyone. Like Garrosh's horde.... and a bunch more IRL examples which we musn't discuss because dread will (rightfully) ban us. 

2: You are absolutely right in my book. I fully agree with this. Perhaps try and explain to that imbecile child that has... big boy words... that xenophobe and uptightedness are straight up antonyms and xenophobic and sophistication are mutually exclusive. 

• Tosspot likes this

podlau98f16.png

aludop9c81d.png

poudala2b80.png

#24 Cameron144

Cameron144

Infinitely Many Characters

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:05 PM

it also does not make them unsophisticated

The word was sophisticated, maybe stop sniffing glue for a moment and read.

No they're not bitter? There's not enough left of them to be bitter. This was genocide not war. A retaliatory strike would not be possible by the Nelves alone.

Bullshit. After Teldrassil burned they essentially demanded justice from the alliance, to which Anduin told them he could not spread his forces so thin. Not only did that make their tensions even worse, they were also borderline about to shove the Alliance away entirely, in fact they might have, if Genn didn't offer his assistance on Darkshore. Once again, you have no idea what you're talking about, but please continue to google big words to make it sound like you do.

#25 Cameron144

Cameron144

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:08 PM

But also.

I like to give them human traits

#26 Cameron144

Cameron144

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 05:21 PM

It's just kind of funny how you're acting like an entire race of people can't feel resentment or bitterness especially when many of them have been alive for thousands of years and have been through several wars. I'm not sure if you remember but Arcane magic was a big no no to them for a long while. And even before Teldrassil burned the Quel'dorei were barely tolerated as it was.

The difference between your post and mine was that you are essentially trying to tell someone how to play their character, while I was simply offering examples of characters they might find, allowing them the creative freedom to imagine a character that is unique to them. And now you're here crying in purple prose about how much of an idiot I am.

Like really

Perhaps try and explain to that imbecile child

How did that sound good inside of your head? Have you tried saying that aloud? It doesn't roll off of the tongue at all, certainly not as much as "Maybe try explaining that to the other guy." You just look like you're trying too hard at this point. I'm not even upset at this, you just look edgy and retarded.

• Esadan likes this

#27 Tosspot

Tosspot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 06:26 PM

First and foremost like with all races you oughta give a good read of the history of the race to get some basic context, which can simply be done by visiting the wowpedia page. Plenty on the WoWPedia page links to various other things related to the race, check them out. After you've done your research, take a moment to go in-game and look at the map and think about how everyday life would be for not only your character but as well the people living there. I know that may sound like a funny suggestion, but it'll expand your mind a little bit and let you help ground your character.

After you've done some good reading then make the character you want to make. Night elves typically are a lot older than other races so you will first and foremost have to decide whether you want to make your night elf old, several hundred years old, or relatively young. It does shape your character and influence him or her, because living through say the War of the Shifting Sands is likely to influence your character in some way.

On the other hand a younger character may look at these events with a different light. After you've established that, then I would say every other typical 'character creation' comes to mind, and I think OP is pretty solid on that part.

I as well urge you not to go into the pitfall of thinking that your character must be a certain way, as one poster has given that 'night elves should be uptight'. Very same goes for the general nonsense that 'dwarves are nothing but lousy drunkards'. These views are correct but only to an extend, and think on as to why this happens to be the 'status-quo'. Night elves in this instance are very reserved and protective of their woods and religion. Does your character agree with this? Or has he formed his own opinion on the matter in some different manner?

Don't forget to remember that night elves are people, you don't have to be the ancient arch-druid stroking his beard all day thinking deep philosophy. If you want, let your night elf be a person with hopes, dreams, ambitions, quirks and so on.

I know I may have droned a lot about 'extremely simple' things that seem very obvious but I just wanted to drop my few cents in.

EDIT:

I wanted to leave but a single message as it popped in my head, there isn't any single way to 'RP' a specific race. Research, and make your own judgement and calls. That is the beauty of roleplaying.

Edited by Tosspot, 08 August 2019 - 06:29 PM.

#28 Icetorn

Icetorn

umm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:26 AM

about how much of an idiot I am.

You said it, kid.

podlau98f16.png

aludop9c81d.png

poudala2b80.png