Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 07:37 PM)

All issues resolved. Server is back online.

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 06:52 PM)

We are aware of the CDN issue that prevents you from opening Wow. We are working on resolving it.

@  dr3ad : (09 March 2019 - 08:53 PM)

Fixed some crashes, almost 2 days uptime now.

@  dr3ad : (24 November 2018 - 01:38 PM)

Couple of thousand new/missing gameobjects have been added. Check out the full list here.

@  dr3ad : (23 November 2018 - 02:56 PM)

Fixed 'failed to retrieve' pw field in account panel.

@  dr3ad : (17 November 2018 - 06:41 PM)

Server is once again online and website is back up and running, so you can login/register. 7.3.5 changelog can be viewed here.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Changelog coming soon.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Server is online. Download new client here https://rpheaven.org...nnection-guide/

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 07:44 PM)

Server is undergoing restart and updating to 7.3.5, new client link will be posted in a bit. Stay tuned.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Do not build anything important starting from now as we're taking backup and upgrading to 7.3.5 first in the next couple of days, as a part of transition to BFA.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Fixed Sign Maker in Gameobject Forge.

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

Photo

Clean Slate

Clean Slate Unban

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1268 posts

Posted 08 August 2019 - 11:38 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I had a simple recommendation.

I'm not looking for attention, I'm not doing this for anyone in particular, and I may be naive in my request, but I hope it will be considered all the same.

RPH has been seen by quite a few people as dying recently. I don't share this sentiment. All the same, I do think that at one point or another it might be in the best interest of the server to do this, and it will allow those who are doubting to put their concerns to rest, meanwhile returning more life to the server, and benefiting the view of the admin team amongst those who don't view them favorably (not saying I'm such a person).

I believe that perhaps a clean slate should be made, a fresh start in regards to those who have been banned in the past. I recommend that for all individuals who have been banned, with exception for those banned for spamming the forums, an unban of both RPH and forum accounts should be granted. This would allow them all a second chance to RP and bring their ideas and their passions back to this server.

Those who are misbehaved and continue to act disrespectful despite this second chance will earn their second ban. As far as I can see, no one loses if this is applied, and any loose ends will be tied up rather swiftly. It might require a short burst of work, and I don't know how tied up with work you guys (Dr3ad and Goudy) are IRL, but I still think it's an option to consider.

Thank you for your time.
  • vadeous, yolandi, Marshall and 2 others like this
Deus Vult

#2 Shakuras

Shakuras

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:30 AM

I think the people who have been banned from RPH have probably moved on to other servers.

#3 wgscarletrose

wgscarletrose

Personal Grey-ish Mage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:44 AM

I think the people who have been banned from RPH have probably moved on to other servers.

while that is a fair assumption, there's several who would jump at getting back onto the server. But the chances are, they'll repeat the same things that got them banned in the first place. this is why unbans seem to be increasingly rare when the requests are submitted.

• Tosspot likes this

#4 Tosspot

Tosspot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 12:46 AM

The Ban Appeal section of the forums exists for a reason, in fact for that exact reason. Giving everyone a 'free slate' would make the server extremely interesting for a month. And when I mean extremely interesting, I mean absolutely terrible.

• PewPewKapowy, wgscarletrose and Generic DH like this

#5 vadeous

vadeous

insomnia incarnate

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:17 AM

Personally I think this is a good idea. There should be exceptions for the malicious players (there were a fair couple who got banned for intentionally crashing the server and that kind of stuff) but for the most part a lot of the people who have been banned through the years got banned for not /that/ much. Although unlikely, a clean slate would be beneficial for all.

• yolandi and Sashka5337 like this

ZbtP2ZO.jpg

Leander Lyonfort, Reiyan Embershield and Keane Ashengrove

#6 The Grox Empire

The Grox Empire

Effectively Banned by Self Proclaimed Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:13 AM

How do we know if they are not ban evading already?

I'm against the idea of this. Sure, some unbanned players might return and maybe few of them are decent. But the chance that a literal ruiner getting unbanned and return to what they did outweighs the chance that we get a decent player. Online amnesty doesn't work due to the anonymity nature of the internet.

#7 THE traius

THE traius

purple yelling man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:21 AM

But the chances are, they'll repeat the same things that got them banned in the first place.

getting banned once generally makes u tread carefully

i should know

i was banned 

• Sashka5337 likes this

confirmed to be the god of roleplay through intense divination

#8 THE traius

THE traius

purple yelling man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:26 AM

also yeah i think this is a good idea for the most part

• Sashka5337 likes this

confirmed to be the god of roleplay through intense divination

#9 Russian Ivan

Russian Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:45 AM

This is way too much text to convey a simple "please unban those 5 who got banned not so long ago".

1.png

#10 wgscarletrose

wgscarletrose

Personal Grey-ish Mage

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:30 AM

This is way too much text to convey a simple "please unban those 5 who got banned not so long ago".

• Russian Ivan likes this

#11 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1268 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:38 AM

As I said before, I'm not asking for anyone in particular to be unbanned. I wasn't close with Nortwin and whoever else was banned recently. I just think this would be a beneficial move for the server.

As for the idea that relapses may occur, I already addressed that issue - people who relapse into being disrespectful and banworthy will be banned as they were the first time. As Traius said, being banned once is enough to make someone tread softly.

Concerning individuals who were looking to intentionally crash the server, I agree that they should probably remain banned.

I think a large issue concerning the ban appeals section is that people stopped sending in appeals because they generally don't get accepted. Hence, why even try if it's just going to be rejected?
Deus Vult

#12 Ethereal

Ethereal

random patcher no one knows about

• PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 03:41 AM

as long as aelsinthar isnt on that list this is an okay idea

patch maker
current patches;

Sayaad HD 2K Retextureshttps://rpheaven.org...cubus-textures/

Tile Retextures: https://rpheaven.org...ile-retextures/
HD Stormwind Patch: https://rpheaven.org...xtures-updated/
Violet Eye Patch for Female Elves: https://rpheaven.org...r-female-elves/
Dragon Skin Patch for Blood Elves: https://rpheaven.org...ood-elves-only/

Nightborne Tattoos for Blood Elveshttps://rpheaven.org...or-blood-elves/

#13 PewPewKapowy

PewPewKapowy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:45 AM

Online amnesty doesn't work due to the anonymity nature of the internet.

This is very true.

I do believe however that after a year, people generally tend to forget why they were malicious or angry and many of them can return and rejoin the server without there ever being an incident again. But when it comes to these things I think it's better people prevent rather than having to plead their case. Small rulebreaking is only punished with a temporary ban, once that's over you can automatically come back. But in order to get a permaban, you -really- have to stick your head out. And you do so knowing you may get permanently banned when you're caught. This is something that applies to life in general: Think twice. And if you do make an appeal to a permaban, make sure you wait a year and write it humble and respectfully. And expect to get denied from the beginning, that way it can only get better éh?

• Sashka5337 likes this

#14 Esadan

Esadan

poopoo peepee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:58 AM

i mean, i think generally i can get behind this

it might create a bit of a 'community shitstorm' to a certain extent but its not like its going to completely destroy all remnants of the server

and yeah, if anyone decides to act out heavily, im sure they'll be rebanned faster than u can say '.rp ann looking for a private rp partner for some fun hehe uwu'

even still i dont think the admin team will go through with this 

• Sashka5337 and Generic DH like this

imagine unironically being a roleplayer

#15 Chungie

Chungie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 08:40 AM

Who would win? New cliques, or old cliques?

#16 Generic DH

Generic DH

Blind

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 10:12 AM

always a second, never a third.

#17 Coach

Coach

megamind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:02 PM

feeling quite skeptical about how this idea will work in practice considering how much russian hackers have been booted out of the server along with grieving oldfags who most likely wouldn't care getting back to their former bs they've left behind

this will either work (roughly) or fail to draw enough attention

Welcome, to Roleplay Heaven.

ZJQKypB.png

7.jpg

#18 Icetorn

Icetorn

umm

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:05 PM

No nortwin plees i beg.

podlau98f16.png

aludop9c81d.png

poudala2b80.png

#19 mfcb95

mfcb95

Donator Extended

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 02:30 PM

No nortwin plees i beg.

The dude seems too proud to even come back

• Sashka5337 and Icetorn like this

8.jpg

#20 Marshall

Marshall

Medical Doctor Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 06:41 PM

Maybe unban the people who weren't banned for shit like crashing the server or intentionally setting out to ban evade/ruin phases.

Also don't unban people who were banned in the past 6 months, otherwise their reprimand is just pointless.

• Sashka5337 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clean, Slate, Unban