Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 07:37 PM)

All issues resolved. Server is back online.

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 06:52 PM)

We are aware of the CDN issue that prevents you from opening Wow. We are working on resolving it.

@  dr3ad : (09 March 2019 - 08:53 PM)

Fixed some crashes, almost 2 days uptime now.

@  dr3ad : (24 November 2018 - 01:38 PM)

Couple of thousand new/missing gameobjects have been added. Check out the full list here.

@  dr3ad : (23 November 2018 - 02:56 PM)

Fixed 'failed to retrieve' pw field in account panel.

@  dr3ad : (17 November 2018 - 06:41 PM)

Server is once again online and website is back up and running, so you can login/register. 7.3.5 changelog can be viewed here.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Changelog coming soon.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Server is online. Download new client here https://rpheaven.org...nnection-guide/

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 07:44 PM)

Server is undergoing restart and updating to 7.3.5, new client link will be posted in a bit. Stay tuned.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Do not build anything important starting from now as we're taking backup and upgrading to 7.3.5 first in the next couple of days, as a part of transition to BFA.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Fixed Sign Maker in Gameobject Forge.

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

Photo

Clean Slate

Clean Slate Unban

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1268 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 10:15 AM

I'll let you in on a little secret.
The players who have been banned in the past did not leave the server. They all ban evaded, and remained hidden. It's not difficult to hide when you're online. It's not difficult to hide those whom you wish remain hidden. Today, they're all actually gone.
All of the good roleplayers have been banned. Yes - all of them. The server shifted format from a free-spirited, engaging, wish-to-improve attitude into one which seems more fitting a mirroring of IRL society: "everyone is included, no matter what. Fun is what matters most, not tryharding or improving".
Why is this such a bad thing, you ask? Are we not here to be entertained? Yes, we are. Though the majority of the community did not comprehend that typing one's heart out was the fun part for most oldfags whom were banned. Instead, the majority of the community saw it as "they just want to be a nusiance and ruin our roleplay".
Most of you are so new to the server that you won't understand who I am speaking of. It's not the recently banned people. It's the old people; the orcs and the undead main-players.
As for your request? We will not accept it. All of the good roleplayers who were banned are long gone. We do not want to come back. The server is ruined beyond repair, as informed to us by one or two gemstone-roleplayers, who were part of the oldfag-group, who are still on the server (not yet banned).

The old format/attitude towards roleplay will never come back, therefore the oldfags won't come back. People roleplay their characters as if actions have no consequences. That, paired with "I'm just going to ignore/void you", is abysmal for the old crowd. Not to mention the excessive proclivity towards ERP/romance. Combat seems to be out of the question, unless kept to private RP.
Hint: oldfags want rivalry, combat, tension, psychological battles, and so on, in the public phases. That is why mainphase was so loved by the old crowd - no moderator to ban you from the phase for typing as you wished, however you wished, when you wished.
This idea will never happen. Even if it does happen, then the old crowd will not come back. Our style of roleplay is simply not accepted anymore by the community standards (and the reverse is just as true).

As I said, it is not a request for anyone in particular, and I strongly doubt that you speak for all the "oldfags." I've been here since 2015, so I saw main phase. I saw Neuro and his gang of metagaming, gmodding grimdark scum. If that's what you want, then by all means, make sure the door doesn't hit you on your way out. But do not presume to speak for others, or to "deny" this request as though it was made for you. It was made to address the worries of many individuals on the server who are worried about population. It is for Dr3ad or Goudy to accept or deny, not you. Now let's say you were unbanned, because presumably you were. Then it would be your choice to return or not, not to accept or deny my request to the moderators.

And finally, I strongly doubt your point that many old RPers were banned because of what they chose to RP. Many of the things that you seek can be brought together in a phase. I think faction war phases represent these aspects clearly and concisely, and with proper administration, they can really shine. So again, "the community not wanting to RP it" isn't an excuse if there's a large portion of the community ready to RP it in a phase, and if it's what everyone wants anyway. You're not going to be banned for RPing in a certain way in your own phase.
Deus Vult

#42 yawn

yawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:35 PM

As I said, it is not a request for anyone in particular, and I strongly doubt that you speak for all the "oldfags." I've been here since 2015, so I saw main phase. I saw Neuro and his gang of metagaming, gmodding grimdark scum. If that's what you want, then by all means, make sure the door doesn't hit you on your way out. But do not presume to speak for others, or to "deny" this request as though it was made for you. It was made to address the worries of many individuals on the server who are worried about population. It is for Dr3ad or Goudy to accept or deny, not you. Now let's say you were unbanned, because presumably you were. Then it would be your choice to return or not, not to accept or deny my request to the moderators.

And finally, I strongly doubt your point that many old RPers were banned because of what they chose to RP. Many of the things that you seek can be brought together in a phase. I think faction war phases represent these aspects clearly and concisely, and with proper administration, they can really shine. So again, "the community not wanting to RP it" isn't an excuse if there's a large portion of the community ready to RP it in a phase, and if it's what everyone wants anyway. You're not going to be banned for RPing in a certain way in your own phase.

I don't speak for all the oldfags, but I know what the majority of the banned oldfags want because they are my actual friends and I have spoken with them continuously and recently (less than a week ago). These people include Azgalush, Kazgrim, Connor, and those similar groups. I am also good friends with Dove, who was well respected and known within the community, though banned. All of the banned oldfags were good roleplayers. They will not come back. Just trust me on that one. Sorry to burst your bubble, but RPH will remain as it is (or worsen even further).

YsCr8Qt.jpg

#43 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1268 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 06:59 PM

I don't speak for all the oldfags, but I know what the majority of the banned oldfags want because they are my actual friends and I have spoken with them continuously and recently (less than a week ago). These people include Azgalush, Kazgrim, Connor, and those similar groups. I am also good friends with Dove, who was well respected and known within the community, though banned. All of the banned oldfags were good roleplayers. They will not come back. Just trust me on that one. Sorry to burst your bubble, but RPH will remain as it is (or worsen even further).

I'm not in a bubble of any sort, and being friends with 4 people and their friend groups may amount to something like 32 people on the larger end of the scale, which is a lot, but not for the population of the server. Just because they're gone doesn't mean the server is in the shitter, and at the end of the day it was their decision to go to Epsilon, for those that did, which is from what I hear an equally bad place, if not worse.

Also, not all of the banned old players were good roleplayers, not by any means. As you might well know by looking at the old Deathwatch guild. The server isn't bad just because a bunch of people that you're friends with got banned, that's a subjective point of view. Either way, I think I've covered everything that needs to be said about this topic, so I'm done here.
Deus Vult

#44 yawn

yawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 August 2019 - 09:10 PM

I'm not in a bubble of any sort, and being friends with 4 people and their friend groups may amount to something like 32 people on the larger end of the scale, which is a lot, but not for the population of the server. Just because they're gone doesn't mean the server is in the shitter, and at the end of the day it was their decision to go to Epsilon, for those that did, which is from what I hear an equally bad place, if not worse.

Also, not all of the banned old players were good roleplayers, not by any means. As you might well know by looking at the old Deathwatch guild. The server isn't bad just because a bunch of people that you're friends with got banned, that's a subjective point of view. Either way, I think I've covered everything that needs to be said about this topic, so I'm done here.

The old players who I know personally, which may not be the majority of banned players but certainly are a large extent of those whom also shared the capability of good roleplay, will not come back.

YsCr8Qt.jpg

#45 Russian Ivan

Russian Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 August 2019 - 01:52 PM

big snips

Your posts make me wanna yawn.
Though its always funny to observe how those very few people going to find new ways to excuse and defend the undefendable bunch of players, who call themselves "oldfags".
Let it go.
  • Sashka5337, Tosspot and JeromePerome like this
1.png

#46 yawn

yawn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:05 PM

Your posts make me wanna yawn.
Though its always funny to observe how those very few people going to find new ways to excuse and defend the undefendable bunch of players, who call themselves "oldfags".
Let it go.

Enjoy your dead server.

YsCr8Qt.jpg

#47 Generic DH

Generic DH

Blind

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 August 2019 - 12:35 PM

Enjoy your dead server.

It's been dead since 2014.

#48 Esadan

Esadan

poopoo peepee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 20 August 2019 - 12:35 AM

All of the good roleplayers have been banned. Yes - all of them.

well i got banned once and then rightfully unbanned and im still here so i guess you're half right in that regard  :police:

imagine unironically being a roleplayer

#49 Mehzaa

Mehzaa

Patriotic Romanian boy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:32 PM

call me a newfag luddite, but can someone explain to me what does 'RPC' mean? 

Untitled.png

pjj4Szb.png

Hey there

7oda is a strawman

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clean, Slate, Unban