"Throughout the ages, the eternal conflict between the hungering void and the primordial light has ravaged entire worlds, though Azeroth has endured countless wars.. The ultimate battle shall be fought upon the scarred planet's battlefields.."
[Skip by scrolling down to the scheduled event if you have already read this information!]
1) Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q)
Q: What is this?
A: Light and Darkness (L&D) is a series of weekly server-wide custom lore events that take place on every friday (Each event has specific information, roles-available, features, instructions that need to be followed, they will be explained in the event's main post) Needless to say, but we thank RPH and it's administration for this great server allowing us this great opportunity through exquisitely working commands and scripting.
Q: In what way is it custom lore?
- The planned storyline events obviously does not occur in the original storyline of the retail version of WoW
- Custom sub-factions may be present (Check event rules below for full explanation)
- Some minor events may be slightly altered from the original version of WoW
Q: Who to contact for more information/complaints/inquiries/suggestions?
A: As of (8/21/2019) only I (Kathulon) am working on it but I greatly welcome any aid, criticism (either constructive, nitpicking, or harsh) you can either send me a forum PM, or contact me via Discord Kathulon#4626
1-Combining elements of /Emote /Roll and RPPVE in battle!
How it is done:
- There are three types of foes you will encounter Bosses, Elites, Regular enemies.
- Bosses are the main enemies you are tasked with defeating and Elites will serve as either their underlings or have significant roles as you progress through the stages of the event, you will be using /Roll and /Emotes in turns to defeat them (The determinant factor of how successful your emote is expected to land is based on your /roll and the determinant factor of your /roll is dependant on the RP role you play during the event)
- For example, you're role in the event is an engineer granting you the advantage of dealing with mechanical foes so when a mechanical unit (For example: A Defense Golem) attempts to discharge a lightning nova then all raid will need to /roll higher than 50 out of 100 for their survival while you may need only /roll higher than 30 out of 100 to evade the attack since you're in an advantageous position over your rival.
- There are also other elements that boost your roll chance like drinking potions or wearing resistant armor..etc!
Okay, I got that so what are these so-called 'Regular' enemies?
- These are the least significant enemies in the whole RP event for example, you're being entrapped in a room with hungering worms, ambushed by a few hungry hyenas, trying to fend of a minor initiate cultist..etc.
2-Game-changing Decision making!
How it is done:
- For example: After defeating a boss the event participants will be capable of voting whether to spare, interrogate, kill, recruit him.
- The same principle applies to picking up items (You get to choose either to pick them up, leave them, hand them over to the party leader, send them to your faction's treasury...etc...)
- You can also decide which path you take in some events such as crossing a different road, adopting a secondary assault plan.
What is that?!:
- At the beginning of every event there will be 3 Combat Allies that you'll have to choose from to support and guide you throughout the event as it progresses.
- These combat allies will obviously fit in that event.
- They're represented in the form of NPCs.
What is their purpose?:
Each combat ally has his own strengths and weaknesses for example you'll be expecting to combat a fire elemental boss during the event, you can either choose between 3 characters which one of them is a skilled shaman capable of dealing with the elemental's attacks so he will boost your group's performance!
4-Ambitious Miscellaneous to enhance the immersion! (Still under HEAVY consideration)
- We may tend to use custom patches for models, interface, spells, voice-acting, music but due to many members being usually lazy, skeptical, or rather finding these patches interfering with the actual gameplay and finding it difficult to locate the patchfiles for uninstallation this will be OPTIONAL or might even be declined!
- No profanity or real-life slang
- Custom sub-factions are allowed (Example: A sub-faction whose main allegiance lies with the Alliance like <Person's Name>'s Warband, Mercenaries, Regiment..etc!) But no major factions that rival Horde, Alliance, Scourge, Legion in strength like Empire of X, Kingdom of X.
- No greatly overpowered roles like a High Exarch, a Zandalari War-God..etc..
- No great overscaling
- No rushing bossfights (Take attempts)
- No rushing the event's progress (Wait for the assigned group guide/leader)
PRELUDE#1: Unsettled Business
<After a long adventurous day you manage to return back to a safe haven where you can recover your strength and make plans for your next quest! You are informed that you've received an urgent mail and are asked to check the nearest mailbox to examine it. The letter's sender is Mezzus the Bloodletter a Knight-Captain of the Knights of the Ebon Blade!>
"During the war against the Legion, the Knights of the Ebon Blade sought the aid of the Lich King who agreed to provide them with powerful artifacts that their victory would be imminent, with the Legion's defeat. The Knights of the Ebon Blade's High Command was occupied with leading their warriors back to safety until they received word from Rak the Coldreaver an envoy of the Lich King who informed them that Icecrown Citadel may be subject to an incursion by a renegade warband, their leader appears to be a human paladin who is known as: Raela Lightcrest, while it would be laughable to think that the Lich King - A being with such immense strength wouldn't be able to deal with such a nuisance but it should also be mentioned that they have easily razed a few Ebon Blade outposts stationed around Icecrown that were meant to monitor the region around the citadel.."
WHAT WE KNOW..
Raela's parents died during the second war, she was raised in Stratholme's orphanage. When the purging of the city occurred at the hands of Prince Arthas Menethil, she was successfully evacuated outside the city along with a few of her friends but before she could flee to safety she bore the horrible sight of seeing the orphanage's matron torn apart by a ravenous abomination. news of Lordaeron's downfall soon reached her but by then she was in a safe sanctuary.
She trained as a paladin, vowing to bring down the Lich King and his undead legions no matter the cost, she eventually joined the Argent Crusade's expedition upon Northrend, joined the battle of Icecrown Citadel and witnessed Arthas' defeat and the birth of a new Lich King in Northrend.
Unable to bear the thought that a Lich King always had to be existent, Raela protested against departing from Icecrown but to no avail as her commanders suggested their task in Northrend was done;
Raela spent years in a constant state of insecurity, haunted by the screams of her anguished brethren. She was approached by a noble figure with a grand aura of light emanating from it, it's gentle voice reached out to Raela and urged her to finish her duty by putting an end to the Lich King which it dubbed: "The Source of Darkness".
Armed with a newfound power, Raela emerged as a ruthless vindicator of the light, she recruited a few allies who would aid her in her quest to destroy the Lich King in his own sanctum!
When Raela fled to Menethil Harbor, Brother Reeves was there to pick her up along with refugees who have fled from the war torn Lordaeron and Arathi. He provided her with moral support and dispatched her to Stormwind that she may train under the supervision of the paladins stationed in the Cathedral of Light, when Reeves joined the Valiance Expedition and watched over Raela but couldn't accompany her when she marched with her Argent Crusader comrades to Icecrown.
When the war was over he returned to the Cathedral of Light but was approached by Raela who demanded that he watch over her again by joining her in her quest to subjugate the Lich King.
If there's someone who might possess an unrivaled hate for the Lich King then it's certainly Arcanist Thalonen, a renowned high elf mage who took utmost joy in persecuting the Amani trolls. Unable to comprehend that most of the quel'dorei society was ravaged by the rather inferior mindless undead; Thalonen joined the Silver Covenant where he found his skills to be most fitting. However he was only charged with training the adventurers at the Crusader's Colosseum but never joined the assault on Icecrown, although Arthas was defeated.. Thalonen welcomed the chance offered to him by Raela to neutralize his presumed threat once again.
Known among his fellow engineers as a genius who specialized in inventing assault bots, Blastbolt was shocked to hear that he would only be stationed in Dalaran and would not be allowed a greater role on the battlefield due to a report from his superiors that alarmed the Alliance Commanders of the danger posed by his inventions which proved to be EXTREMELY unstable and unpredictable. Blastbolt saw another chance to present himself during the liberation of Gnomeregan but instead he made his brethren more hesitant to rely on his services. Word reached across the Eastern Kingdoms that he is a failure. Ever since then, Blastbolt couldn't find any job and spent his days in his laboratory with great frustration until he was hired by Raela Lightcrest who sought to use his inventions as means to lay siege on Icecrown Citadel!
Mezzus the Bloodletter
- Description: A Knight-Captain of the Ebon Blade, being a famed blood death knight apprentice of Lord Thorval, Mezzus will certainly provide great protection for her allies!
- Role: Tank, Minor support
Marrowrend (Passive Ability): Mezzus will usually tend to ward her enemies from harm by taking most damage from her enemies, causing you to have easier rolls when absorbing attacks.
Improved Rune Tap (Activated Ability): Once per bossfight, Mezzus will tap her blood runes and rejuvenate all wounded allies causing them to perform their turns normally even if they're severely wounded.
Raise Dead (Activated Ability): Once per the entire RP, Mezzus will raise the corpse of a non-boss character and summon him to assist the group, providing additional /roll chances.
Rak the Coldreaver
- Description: One of the Lich King's mightiest subordinates, Rak was always loyal to his master and has been tasked with serving as his envoy to the factions who seek an audience with the Lord of the dead, Rak would not allow his master to be in peril.
- Role: Guide, Mid-Support
Hand of the Lich King (Passive Ability): Being a great servitor of the Lich King, Rak knows how to maneuver around Icecrown Citadel and knows what good artifacts your party can employ to aid them in their quest, the hidden traps, as well as secret areas!
Icy Prison (Activated Ability): Once per bossfight, Rak will encase his target in ice, allowing you to conduct your attack /rolls twice as well as interrupting the boss' turn.
Frost Prison (Activated Ability): Once per the entire event, Rak will entomb every player in a Frost Prison warding them from any harm for one boss attack.
- Description: Maxwell Herrington, A feared bandit in life, he was sentenced to death for raiding various trade caravans and brutally mutilating it's escorts' bodies. In death he assumes the title of 'Leapstalker', he is recruited by the Knights of the Ebon Blade to handle it's clandestine operations.
- Role: Stealth, Great Support
Concealment Powder (Activated Ability): Cannot be activated in bossfights, whenever assigned to- Leapstalker will shroud all the raid from sight until cancelled or detected.
Ambush Attack (Activated Ability): Can only be used while you're under the effects of Concealment Powder, At the beginning of every bossfight: All /rolls are 100% successful.
- Scheduled Date: 30th Friday 2018 (10:00 PM Server Time)
- Allowed Races/Roles:
- All Horde/Alliance affiliated playable races.
- Cenarion's Descendants: (Dryad/Keeper of the Grove/Frost & Forest Nymph/Centaur)
- Dragonspawns (Only red/blue/green)
- Drogbar (Recruited Mercenaries/Volunteers)
- Earthen (No Earth Giant)
- Frostborn Dwarves
- Wildhammer Dwarf
- Ethereal (Mercenaries only)
- Furbolg (No Chieftains)
- Hozen (Recruited Mercenaries/Volunteers)
- Jinyu (Recruited Mercenaries/Volunteers)
- Forest Trolls (Revantusk Tribe only)
- Tuskarr (No Chieftains)
- Faction-Specific races:
- Scourge: (No Cult of the Damned, only lesser undead minions seeking to aid the Lich King)
- ADDITIONAL NOTES! -
- In random RP phases, you will encounter some RPers related to this event (Emissaries if you will) who will try to give you a proper setting, I will coordinate with the phase's owners ofc for permissions. And I'll try to make it closely related to the event when picking custom lore phases!
- If you wish to contribute with anything starting from DMing, Suggesting to providing VA or music for custom patch do contact me!
- Fill in the application form below so I can see to it if you can get a special lasting character progress in all events, as well as a special role!
Application form for extremely interested people who'd attend the event:
Character Image (Optional):
Character Role (Race/Class/Affiliation):
Character Likes & Dislikes:
How likely are you to tend to the event? (Tentative/Certain):
What role would you like to perform in the event? (Support/Tanking/Normal/Leading..etc):
What would you like/expect to see in this event:
See you all there!