Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 07:37 PM)

All issues resolved. Server is back online.

@  dr3ad : (06 June 2019 - 06:52 PM)

We are aware of the CDN issue that prevents you from opening Wow. We are working on resolving it.

@  dr3ad : (09 March 2019 - 08:53 PM)

Fixed some crashes, almost 2 days uptime now.

@  dr3ad : (24 November 2018 - 01:38 PM)

Couple of thousand new/missing gameobjects have been added. Check out the full list here.

@  dr3ad : (23 November 2018 - 02:56 PM)

Fixed 'failed to retrieve' pw field in account panel.

@  dr3ad : (17 November 2018 - 06:41 PM)

Server is once again online and website is back up and running, so you can login/register. 7.3.5 changelog can be viewed here.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Changelog coming soon.

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 11:36 PM)

Server is online. Download new client here https://rpheaven.org...nnection-guide/

@  dr3ad : (11 November 2018 - 07:44 PM)

Server is undergoing restart and updating to 7.3.5, new client link will be posted in a bit. Stay tuned.

@  dr3ad : (08 November 2018 - 01:07 PM)

Do not build anything important starting from now as we're taking backup and upgrading to 7.3.5 first in the next couple of days, as a part of transition to BFA.

@  dr3ad : (03 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

Fixed Sign Maker in Gameobject Forge.

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

Photo
- - - - -

What has been your favourite phase and guild on the server?

Phases Guilds Most Memorable Moments

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Collector

Collector

Your Friendly Lord of Change

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:01 AM

Hello RPH.

Now as much as we like our shitposts and memes on the forums, I would just like to take the time to make a more wholesome post where you discuss what has been your most memorable phase and guild on the server and why it earns such a spot and reputation in your mind.

I very much look forward to hearing what you guys say, so let us get our hot coco and sit by the campfire in this cold russian winter and tell some stories about your favourite phase and guild on the server and the most memorable moments that came from that phase and guild.

• mfcb95, Sashka5337, Illarian and 3 others like this

#2 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:19 AM

Asking me to pick my favorite phases and guilds is like asking me to pick between one unique disaster, and the next. I have no favorite, and any of the phases that I initially liked (which were the majority, if not all of them) ended up trashing themselves or I eventually woke up to how garbage its administration and concept were, and left on my own, if I wasn't already kicked.

I'm not sure anyone has favorites to begin with, I think everyone just goes where people are. Hence the popularity of scumholes like Lakeshire and other neutral towns of its sort, and the Wastewander phase. But it seems like Fallen Azeroth, in its first incarnation, was decent despite the drama that later permeated the staff team, and the overall lack of quality/rule enforcement. Hence why it had 100+ people.

If you're asking, in order to find out what kind of phase you could start that everyone likes, my advice is what applies to me and my experience: Make a phase where actions have consequences, and anyone who is committed to the phase can impact it. Ensure that you have a solid administration who won't have beef with you, or each other, and won't become control freaks/power-mad. Also make sure to listen to what they have to say, as they may have solid points even if you disagree. Write out a plan for what this phase's story should be, and all of the branching choices. Decide on how the combat system should be, not on how people necessarily want it to be. Though don't shy away from taking criticism and acknowledging mistakes. It encourages people to have someone in control of things who doesn't have their head up their ass.

And I think this type of phase should be a faction war phase with heavy rpg elements. Namely, every faction should have their own story and goals to get through, that should be of sufficient challenge, and yet not tedious or seemingly maliciously delayed to inhibit that faction's progress. New factions can have their stories made up with the owners of said factions, in a mad-lib style piece-together. If they don't like how it turned out, go over it again. If they're picky about something that goes outside the plan, see if you can compromise, and if they insist and don't go halfway to meet you in an agreement, tell them tough luck and to take it or hit the road. It's your phase, don't bungle it up because someone can't insert their OC without derailing things.

At least, this is what I've learned, being in as many phases as I have, and what I would do if I were to make my own phase. As such, it's my two cents and I advise you to do the same, if you are making a phase.

TL;DR People want interesting phases, and interesting phases are made through preparation and planning. The most numerous phases have largely been that way because people want to go where the most people are. But the most noteworthy and truly successful phases, have been planned, and properly managed.
  • Illarian likes this
Deus Vult

#3 cruise3174

cruise3174

the best of RPH

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 06:17 AM

Asking me to pick my favorite phases and guilds is like asking me to pick between one unique disaster, and the next. I have no favorite, and any of the phases that I initially liked (which were the majority, if not all of them) ended up trashing themselves or I eventually woke up to how garbage its administration and concept were, and left on my own, if I wasn't already kicked.

I'm not sure anyone has favorites to begin with, I think everyone just goes where people are. Hence the popularity of scumholes like Lakeshire and other neutral towns of its sort, and the Wastewander phase. But it seems like Fallen Azeroth, in its first incarnation, was decent despite the drama that later permeated the staff team, and the overall lack of quality/rule enforcement. Hence why it had 100+ people.

If you're asking, in order to find out what kind of phase you could start that everyone likes, my advice is what applies to me and my experience: Make a phase where actions have consequences, and anyone who is committed to the phase can impact it. Ensure that you have a solid administration who won't have beef with you, or each other, and won't become control freaks/power-mad. Also make sure to listen to what they have to say, as they may have solid points even if you disagree. Write out a plan for what this phase's story should be, and all of the branching choices. Decide on how the combat system should be, not on how people necessarily want it to be. Though don't shy away from taking criticism and acknowledging mistakes. It encourages people to have someone in control of things who doesn't have their head up their ass.

And I think this type of phase should be a faction war phase with heavy rpg elements. Namely, every faction should have their own story and goals to get through, that should be of sufficient challenge, and yet not tedious or seemingly maliciously delayed to inhibit that faction's progress. New factions can have their stories made up with the owners of said factions, in a mad-lib style piece-together. If they don't like how it turned out, go over it again. If they're picky about something that goes outside the plan, see if you can compromise, and if they insist and don't go halfway to meet you in an agreement, tell them tough luck and to take it or hit the road. It's your phase, don't bungle it up because someone can't insert their OC without derailing things.

At least, this is what I've learned, being in as many phases as I have, and what I would do if I were to make my own phase. As such, it's my two cents and I advise you to do the same, if you are making a phase.

TL;DR People want interesting phases, and interesting phases are made through preparation and planning. The most numerous phases have largely been that way because people want to go where the most people are. But the most noteworthy and truly successful phases, have been planned, and properly managed.

You literally cannot be pleased because you live in a perpetual state of egotistical snob. When was the last time you DID anything? The phase you want? Make it yourself. Because apparently nobody can please you.

On another note, My favorite phases have been a few small ones. There was a cafe, the Briar's Mill, and Myrthagas. (Of which I hosted before Nort got banned)

I'm not a big fan of massive phases because it's too hard to find people and 90% never gets used. City phases are nice. But you shouldn't make one the actual size of a city. Maybe teleports to the interesting sections of a city so people don't get lost and leave because they are IC walking for 10 minutes just to find another group of RPers who didn't beeline to the inn.

Now. This is just me, and it's due to how I ran things on Myrthagas. But having NPCs feel alive and with personalities is fun to me. In the main Myrthagas inn, I LOVED DMing the baker and the butcher who worked in the lower level of the inn where they prepared the food. Nobody ever saw them, but you could hear them yelling at each other about who took the knife, where the sugar was, ect. They had a personality beyond. "What drink do you want?" (If I knew how to script, I would have scripted them to do it so I could DM other things)

I also have a secret love for any medium to small island phase. I REALLY love ships and islands.

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda (Star Wars: Episode V)

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. -Obi-Wan Kenobi (Star Wars: Episode 3)

#4 Dungeon Master

Dungeon Master

Magic Extraordinaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1308 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:31 AM

grayson's phase

aliases

Antonius Augury
Salimus
Forius Trueleaf
Draeir Dawnspear
Oswin Alston
Joon-He Cloudpetal

#5 Illarian

Illarian

Alt-Right Night Elf

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:39 AM

"Join millions of players and enter a world of myth, magic, and endless adventure."

My favorite phases

a cafe

Everyone is entitled to like whatever they prefer, I guess, but on RPH this is another aspect that really pulls me away from public phases. People rp as an alternative to socializing, writing characters and stories becomes semi-OOCly typing in a chatbox while pretending you're a popular smexy elf, a 7ft tall alpha male Orc, a furry, or some piece of snobbish nobility.

Don't get me wrong, characters meeting in a cozy fantasy tavern can be very fun, a lot of interesting interactions could happen between players, though not in the extent people commonly use it. Being solely focused in a inn or a cafe gets stale quickly, and then again, people don't use them properly. To better illustrate the picture: Last time I was in a tavern it was in Myrefall where a group of High and Blood Elves circled around a floating female Orc talking about femboys, asking if they had a dick and how were they different from traps while a male Worgen 'pet' flirted with a male Forest Troll outside asking how he likes his boys.

I'm very much in @Sashka5337 's position and I did in fact build a few private phases of my own where me and my friends can have fun. To answer the OP's question, the Dark Forest was my favourite phase, I mentioned it in a similar post some time ago. It was a survival, horror phase, and it was great. Bar a few people memeing around, it really drove home the eerie atmosphere and the survival theme with the monsters played by the owner to chase us down, not to mention the story we slowly unfolded by finding notes, diaries, pools of blood, sacrificial altars, ancient structures and so much more. Despite initially using a very small place, the Dark Forest really made that place feel a hundred times bigger with something new to discover around every corner. Bemillion was built by the same guy, I think, sadly I wasn't around at the time to experience that as well, but most people seem to be more familiar with that phase and I think I would have loved it just as much.

• Sashka5337, Moltenia and Mehzaa like this

wei-wang-2012-warcraft-042-traveler-001-

#6 Generic DH

Generic DH

Romance: Yes

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:20 AM

Morley /s

#7 Mehzaa

Mehzaa

Patriotic Romanian boy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:23 AM

during my 1 year of being in rph, i have yet to find a pretty decent phase around, since most of them were either neutral kingdom rps or some weird au phase where azeroth's screwed beyond redemption or something that tries to copy bermillion but failed

there was one submarine phase that tickled my interest back when i didn't know that much, but the 'best' phase that i participated was Arkalon (no not that lesbian Arkon phase or whatever it was). it was neatly built, it had an alright story though progress was slow because of the semi-inactive phase owner

• Sashka5337, Illarian and yorellie like this

Untitled.png

pjj4Szb.png

Hey there

7oda is a strawman

#8 Thegnar

Thegnar

living legend honestly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:16 PM

@Esadan everyone get in here amiright hahaa

• Esadan likes this

sVInm46.png

They've arrived.

#9 Russian Ivan

Russian Ivan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 12:36 PM

i have no idea what i'm talking about 100% of the time

1.png

#10 Ghazzar22

Ghazzar22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:47 PM

My phase, Aokigahara forest, which was hosted in january 2018. Making Bemillion sequels was a joke compared to that phase

Cj0BHXm.jpg

#11 mfcb95

mfcb95

Donator Extended

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:03 PM

My favourite guild/phase was probably Silverdale. Yes, I know kingdom rp has a bad rep, but outside the "hosting hours", as a guild member, It was a lot of fun. I felt like the guild had a strong community, the phase was MASSIVE, open world style, which made guild events really fun! It was the first guild I joined and with my first toon when I got into RPH, so I likely have a soft spot for it, but I look back on it really fondly

8.jpg

#12 Collector

Collector

Your Friendly Lord of Change

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:19 PM

My favourite guild/phase was probably Silverdale. Yes, I know kingdom rp has a bad rep, but outside the "hosting hours", as a guild member, It was a lot of fun. I felt like the guild had a strong community, the phase was MASSIVE, open world style, which made guild events really fun! It was the first guild I joined and with my first toon when I got into RPH, so I likely have a soft spot for it, but I look back on it really fondly

I remember that phase being one of the bad ones since it was one of the only phases being hosted that could have been a phase that had something interesting going for it, but I guess with different experiences and mindsets comes different outlooks on phases I suppose.

#13 Ezcu

Ezcu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:20 PM

Best phases were the ones i had. Plaguelands and Ratchet racking up over 50+ people back in the good times.

Spoiler

tumblr_o3rzijqVEx1tsythyo1_500.gif

Bow to the void, or be consumed by it.

#14 donutez

donutez

not a donator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:12 PM

Although it was a disaster, Fallen Azeroth still has a special place in my heart. (the first FA set in eastern kingdoms, not the westfall thing)

q5JlVJI.gif

#15 Sashka5337

Sashka5337

The Truehand

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1290 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:29 PM

You literally cannot be pleased because you live in a perpetual state of egotistical snob. When was the last time you DID anything? The phase you want? Make it yourself. Because apparently nobody can please you.
On another note, My favorite phases have been a few small ones. There was a cafe, the Briar's Mill, and Myrthagas. (Of which I hosted before Nort got banned)
I'm not a big fan of massive phases because it's too hard to find people and 90% never gets used. City phases are nice. But you shouldn't make one the actual size of a city. Maybe teleports to the interesting sections of a city so people don't get lost and leave because they are IC walking for 10 minutes just to find another group of RPers who didn't beeline to the inn.
Now. This is just me, and it's due to how I ran things on Myrthagas. But having NPCs feel alive and with personalities is fun to me. In the main Myrthagas inn, I LOVED DMing the baker and the butcher who worked in the lower level of the inn where they prepared the food. Nobody ever saw them, but you could hear them yelling at each other about who took the knife, where the sugar was, ect. They had a personality beyond. "What drink do you want?" (If I knew how to script, I would have scripted them to do it so I could DM other things)
I also have a secret love for any medium to small island phase. I REALLY love ships and islands.

This has nothing to do with ego and everything to do with preference. I don't like your neutral island kingdom phase, because it has nothing to offer me in the way of entertainment. Also it's clearly an ego jerk for you, and you've got no story planned. You just want people to fill up the market stalls and get on their hands and knees and praise your character, and I'm not down for doing that. The same normally goes with every other neutral town/kingdom/whatever phase.

And for the record, I have made my own phases before, where I've hosted private RPs, and people generally liked them. Granted, I didn't open them up to the public (partially because I believe people who aren't my close friends wouldn't be interested in the story) but all the same, to say that I haven't done anything is false. The reason I haven't done anything recently is because the projects have gotten exponentially bigger, and we only just solved some of the issues plaguing the main phase I'm working on. Not to mention, it's work-time and everyone is busy.

Speaking of which, now that I think about it, there was one phase which has encapsulated my ultimate respect. It was a horror rpg-maker-type phase (with sound effects) made by Taushi. She narrated and DM'd while my character was alone, interacting and puzzle-solving. Unfortunately I only finished a demo version and I'm not sure if he/she ever finished it. If Taushi ever made another one, I would hands-down join in a heartbeat, because not only do I initially like that content, but you can see that someone put passionate effort into making it, and they made it well.
Deus Vult

#16 Bhalandros

Bhalandros

when are we updating to mists of pandaria

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:37 PM

my own with my friends, in which the only shit rp i have to endure is my own

• Sashka5337 and Moltenia like this

the server is down which surely must mean we are updating to battle for azeroth despite the fact there is no way to properly do so yet

#17 The Beast

The Beast

nothing to lose

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:50 PM

hey i thought Silverdale was pretty good for what it was worth. kinda novel at its time, but now the concept is very exhausted, or has been, constantly overused. its a shame the kind of stigma that gets but it is fun sometimes.

s

#18 Cringemaster

Cringemaster

I am the way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:51 PM

Easy question. My favorite Phase was probably "Frozen Wastes" or "Northern Kingdoms", really split between those two. As far as  my favorite Guild goes... probably have to go with Kingdom of Stromgarde in the Northern Kingdoms phase.

#19 Ancient of Lore

Ancient of Lore

they made me do this

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:02 PM

in terms of phases, antonius' Sanlow phase is one of my favorites, if not my all time favorite

beauty in simplicity

2cd68583a9f55d8158400df9d4aa6fa9.jpg?wid

Main Character:

Vonymir Talneth

#20 Ghunny Boi

Ghunny Boi

not black

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:13 PM

thistleshrub waystop

had some amazing times with the guys there

granted, most of them ended up being cunts in the end but

was fun back in my baby days of 2016

also

Speaking of which, now that I think about it, there was one phase which has encapsulated my ultimate respect. It was a horror rpg-maker-type phase (with sound effects) made by Taushi.

made by Taushi.

h

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Phases, Guilds, Most Memorable Moments