Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  dr3ad : (20 October 2018 - 03:52 PM)

Fixed the annoying downtime that would happen quite often. Server restarter is now working at 100% again

@  dr3ad : (09 October 2018 - 07:06 PM)

Fixed all client related Connection Issues & Errors. Just run .exe again

@  dr3ad : (15 September 2018 - 01:07 AM)

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: For everyone having connection issues please redownload client from here!

@  dr3ad : (29 August 2018 - 07:05 PM)

Fixed all of the voting sites, now you can earn up to (3x3)x2 = 18 silver coins per day!!!

@  dr3ad : (10 August 2018 - 07:44 PM)

RPH: Battle for Azeroth + New Project (must read). View here.

@  dr3ad : (18 July 2018 - 11:31 PM)

If you're getting BLZ51900002 error change your DNS server settings to google's 8.8.8.8 (if you dont know how to do this google it)

@  dr3ad : (04 July 2018 - 10:37 AM)

Fixed issue where some members would get "You're not allowed to visit this community" error

@  dr3ad : (30 June 2018 - 06:19 PM)

Added commands .gob massmove #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u & .gob massrel #EntryID #Distance #f/l/w/d/u (those two commands move all entries in specified direction, as well as .aura list which displays all "hidden" auras on the character

@  dr3ad : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 PM)

Added new commands .gob massreplace #EntryID #NewEntryID and .gob massscale #EntryID #Scale

@  dr3ad : (18 June 2018 - 03:21 PM)

Donator Extended rank has been changed a bit. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (07 June 2018 - 10:24 PM)

RPHLite AddOn is now available for download, it's a must have addon and will ship with RPHTiny client by default from now on. Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (31 May 2018 - 02:35 PM)

New reward Book Forge has been added! Read more here.

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can get notified when player joins the phase if you're phase owner or have a rank. While having permission you can toggle messages with .toggleph

@  dr3ad : (20 May 2018 - 10:53 PM)

You can now auto promote players that join the phase with .ph auto #RankID command

@  dr3ad : (16 May 2018 - 11:52 PM)

.phase inplace command has been added that skips phase starting location (leaves you in place), however requires phase rank to use

@  dr3ad : (07 May 2018 - 09:53 AM)

Starting Area Contest has started and will last until 17th of May! View topic here.

@  dr3ad : (28 March 2018 - 08:57 AM)

Getting coins voting at XtremeTop100 fixed. Many additions to NPC Scripting. Check changelog.

@  dr3ad : (18 February 2018 - 06:31 PM)

Some NPC Script updates. Addition of Target Type "NPC with specific GUID" and Action "Pause Waypoint Movement", so now the scripts can finally target specific npc based on guid

@  dr3ad : (06 February 2018 - 04:29 PM)

Reminder that you can now chose in Rank Manager whether player can only manipulate (e.g delete) his own gobs/npcs. Phase owner can now also change color of specific phase ranks a.k.a name color in .ph ann

@  dr3ad : (25 December 2017 - 10:52 PM)

NPC scripts now work in all phases that you own, additionally phase ranks now contain "Can Use NPC Scripting" option, so everyone who has Scripting perk can now promote people and let them help with scripting the phase

Photo

Adopt-A-Bio™ Thread

Adoption Service Watermelon Disco ball LordBishopYourDamnation

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jon Bishop

Jon Bishop

Token Anarchist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:11 AM

d4eiP8Y.png

Hello and welcome to Adopt-A-Bio™, your go-to location for character, NPC, and background character inspiration. Here you will be able to look and find a listing of assorted "generic" biographies and outlines for RP characters to use at your discretion. The entries will be in a largely generic format, only getting into basic descriptions, names, classes, as well as a reference picture for use if desired. You might be asking: "Do I have to stick to what's presented?" Heavens no! You can add or subtract things from the skeletons of the characters to add as much or as little depth to them as you wish, or perhaps just add some defining characteristics and use them as a quick-start character. Whatever you wish to use the character for, this thread is at your disposal if you run into a rut or just want to add some spice to your ideas. 

Who is this thread for?

What is the goal of this thread?

I'm glad I asked. The point of this thread is multi-sided and can be summed up in the following points:

• Increase variety amongst roles, races, NPCs (both generic and for extended use in phases).
  • Promote creativity by presenting people with an unfinished mold that they can manipulate to create a desirable character that fits nicely into the confines of cannon lore (see disclaimer).
  • Bridge the gap between elite RPers who have established characters, storylines, and power fitting of their knowledge of their character, role, and purpose; to those who may not have as much inspiration, are new to the WoW RP scene (both from other RPing mediums or just new to RPing entirely), and those who misguidedly believe that they can create and properly RP an archmage or other relatively difficult character with much power that the player doesn't have experience with- or they are just using a token character mold. For these people this shall be like a buffet of things that they can choose from to escape that trend of going with the "flavor of the month" and hopefully giving them a starting point to create a character that is likened to those that elite RPers possess.
  • Showing people alternatives to done-to-death characters that are still cannon-friendly (see disclaimer again) but are still able to set them apart from the majority of RPers (since some may like the same role posted here, some characters may appear similar at a glance, but the hope is that they will add depth through personality and choices to separate themselves further within this).

How does it work?

Man, I'm asking all the good questions today.

The way it works is quite simple, you come here, you search through the thread, find a concept/skeleton/format/etc. that you like and you choose what you like, dislike, want to change,  how the character may turn out in the future, and whether this is a character you will like playing in the future based on what is presented to you and what your imagination takes you along for with such minimal presentation. For a step-by-step list of things to help your experience be ideal, check the following. Otherwise don't, I'm not a fucking cop. Do what you want.

Protips:

• Pick a character bio that suits YOUR style, don't go with something that you think will be good for other players to "like" or "accept." If people don't accept your role without some reason that they are willing to give to you (preferably in a friendly manner), then it has less to do with you and more to do with them.
  • Just because you picked a character from this list DOES NOT mean that it is entirely lore friendly, as the skeleton is lore-friendly, your final product MAY NOT BE (see disclaimer again to further drive the point into your head). For the ideal build for your final product, consult lore involving your character IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE BACKGROUND OF THEIR RACE/CLASS, or in some cases the combination of the two. I will leave a link to the cannon wowpedia site at the end of this for your consultation needs. You can also refer to some of the people who are active on the forums, see what their lore specialty is (we all have one, mine is warlocks and demons), and toss them some questions. Most of us like helping people become enlightened to how FUCKING METAL OUR LORE IS, WOOOOO.
  • If you have consulted the things I have left you but you still are criticized and you don't understand why, you are free to bring your character to me, along with the template (preferably) and I can tell you what things people might have issue with and how to best correct it. I will not judge, I have done far worse than you ever could do if you tried. Alternatively, you can take it to one of the other lore nerds I mentioned above and see what they think. (Note: if it is not in one of my main lore focuses, my advice may not be the best. I will tell you if it is in my realm of knowledge or not if you bring it to me.
  • If you take the character template but you want to adjust the class, make sure it is not an RPG class, otherwise it is considered non-cannon and I cannot help you with that outside of theorycrafting. Multiclassing within reason is totally cool and I will include possible multiclasses for templates that it suits. You are also free to use these templates to get an idea for what your undead character may have been like before their resurrection, orc before corruption, etc.
  • Take criticism with a grain of salt, but if someone just insults your idea, take that with a bottle of rum.. Oh shit, it's gone.

Warnings:

• If you take the template and use it to create something that you either know or think is not cannon, I take no responsibility for any flak you receive. You brought it upon yourself. This includes all RPG elements which will never be included here ever until directly confirmed to be cannon. See the Lightslayer argument for what I mean.
  • If you see someone with a character vaguely similar to yours, make sure they didn't just use the same template. Ideally, you should declare that the character is made from a public template on the forums (mentioning the Adopt-A-Bio™ name is optional but would be appreciated).
  • Don't talk about Fight Club.
  • I don't take responsibility for what people do with the templates or what you decide to do with them.
  • Don't use the templated name, I will link a name generator along with the other helpful links.

Disclaimer:

Yes, the one you've been hearing about.

I take no responsibility for what you do with the template and you should not, under any circumstances, use the fact that you used the template as an excuse that you are cannon and everyone else is wrong for saying you aren't. Your actions directly affect the cannon nature of your character, if you do not know what is cannon and what isn't, consult a lore nerd like myself to check you. I will refer to this exact statement if someone says someone who used the template is not cannonly roleplaying and is saying they are, if someone says that they used it but people say their character is criticized, or you expect some sort of blame to be placed on me, it shall not because past giving you the tools, I have no influence on what you do with them.

Want to contribute?

Send your template to me via a PM and I shall tell you whether it is acceptable or not to be posted in this thread. You can post it independently for people outside of those who want to do cannon-exclusive RP to cater to custom lore RPers or RPG RPers. 

Want to help new RPers get used to RPing in a serious, actually helpful and embracing manner? PM about your interest to me and I will either A: set up a Discord, or B: use Skype.

New to RP but not sure where to go? PM me that you have read this very statement along with the key word "watermelon" and I shall embrace you in the conve- I mean the Skype group/Discord server.

Got other support you want to offer that hasn't been mentioned? Got an idea for another sister project or something else entirely? PM me and mention the thread with the key word "disco ball" somewhere in your PM (not separate from the body of the message, it has to fit) and we can talk.

Common Misconceptions/Arguments/Objections/Concerns:

"Won't this reduce creative variability amongst RPers?" 

Short answer: Ideally, no.

Long answer: If people follow the protips and accept that this is giving them only something to build off of, their own creativity will take over. If there is a lack of creativity past this, it has less to do with what is presented, and more to do with the person actually taking the idea and molding it with their own creative mind.

"What if it's not cannon?"

Short answer: It will be cannon, otherwise see disclaimer/literally anything I've said regarding that matter.

Long answer: The templates will be and always will be cannon. I probably won't present enough for them to be non-cannon outside of classes or maybe race/class combination, which I will make sure is checked before posting. That being said, anything people do after they take the template and add their own "spice" to it is not in my sphere of influence unless they come back to me with it. What they do with the character made from the template is what they do. Also see disclaimer again.

As if a lack of creativity and the overabundance of generic roleplayers wasn't enough of a problem already.

Short answer: Concern is understandable, see objectives and the logic about it.

Long answer: Yes, a lack of creativity is a problem, and the idea is not to give out generic bios as in they're all the same, the idea is to give out generic bios as in these characters could be a faceless person in a bar that you pick out through some character creation process, kind of like Diablo with the characters stepping forward out of the shadows and you choosing which one you like.

"Why not have a team?"
Short answer: We're going to have one, wanna be in on it? See "Want to Contribute" bit.

Long answer: Originally, there was not going to be a team oversight effort for this, but after a suggestion from Kenyon, such a thing will be available for new people who want to consult it, or veterans who wish to be part of the initiative to help offer new players a check for their characters. If you want to join in on that OR be one of the ones the team will help, see the "Want to Contribute" portion.

(Others added as needed)

Thanks to Antonius for the sweet graphic.

• David, Kennethkash, AngelCaligula and 2 others like this

communist-fist.png

Adopt-A-Bio™ Direct Link

http://rpheaven.org/...ead/#entry97516

Characters

Spoiler

#2 Antonius Augury

Antonius Augury

Magic Extraordinaire

• Donator* (Donator Extended)
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

CYXH1H3.png?1

Biography Templates

Disclaimer: By no means are these a 'standard' for formatting your biography or 'official' representations of what biographies should be - use these at your own discretion and edit them as you see fit.

The Mage

Spoiler

The Warlock

Spoiler

Adoptable Biographies

Coming soon!

If you have any questions regarding character creation or development, biographies or WoW in general, feel free to PM me. If necessary, I'm happy to provide my email and Skype name to individuals who reach out to me.

• David, Jon Bishop, AngelCaligula and 2 others like this

TUov15t.png?1

Aliases

Dungeon Master - OOC Event Hoster

Draeir Dawnspear - High Elven Spearman

Salimus - Necromantic Apothecary

Spright Gearwobble - Battle-mage

#3 Jon Bishop

Jon Bishop

Token Anarchist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Helpful links, for old dogs and new pups

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Portal:Main

Wowpedia, cannon wiki source. (Beware of articles marked RPG, as stated in the disclaimer above said articles: they are non-cannon).

http://fantasynamege...hp#.Vyf7ofkrKUl

Name generator to help find an alternative name to posted template names. To find other races, either google "Wow <race> name generator" or go to the link, go to "pop culture," then hover over "World of Warcraft races" and select which race. To switch genders, hit male or female below the list of names.

http://rpheaven.org/...ll-visual-list/

Spell visual list, always good. If you are not a donor, you will need to .learn these. I recommend creating a spell-test character so your spellbook and/or action bars don't get clogged.

http://rpheaven.org/...-emote-id-list/

Emote ID list. Use the command ".play <emoteid>" to utilize.

http://rpheaven.org/...w-to-scale-101/

The guide for the most common reason as to why your character is lolzy. For an easy rule of thumb, don't ever go past 1.1 scale.

http://wowroleplaygear.com/

Roleplay gear sets already premade to match.

http://www.icy-veins...item-model-list

A good way to mix and match your sets to be added. If you want to find more pieces for different classes or armor types, use the structure (in google)

wow <armor type; cloth, leather, plate, mail> <class, mage, warrior, warlock. Stick to the armor type that that class uses mostly, or it will default it for you> <slot; feet, hands, shoulders, etc.> transmog

Then just click the icy veins link for it and look through.

For weapons, just do 

wow <class> <weapon; 1h sword, 2h mace, polearm> transmog

http://wow.gamepedia...e_Visual_Guide)

Official (as official as these things come) Timeline, for all your timeline needs

(Courtesy of Kenyon)

http://wow.gamepedia...ne_(unofficial)

Unofficial timeline, more events but not officially confirmed as a lot of the events are derived from relative times of other confirmed cannon events. Definitely good reference.

(Courtesy of Kenyon)

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Life_spans

Semi-official lifespan guide for the various races. If there is not a listed race (like gnomes) just use a general term like middle-aged, old, venerable, etc.

• Dawnrunner and Alexandria like this

communist-fist.png

Adopt-A-Bio™ Direct Link

Characters

Spoiler

#4 Jon Bishop

Jon Bishop

Token Anarchist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:12 AM

reserved 

out reserved on my own thread

communist-fist.png

Adopt-A-Bio™ Direct Link

Characters

Spoiler

#5 Antonius Augury

Antonius Augury

Magic Extraordinaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:21 AM

get rekt (check your PMs)

TUov15t.png?1

Aliases

#6 Kenyon

Kenyon

Space Jew

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:37 AM

Throw these onto your nice list of links buddy.

http://wow.gamepedia...e_Visual_Guide)

http://wow.gamepedia...ne_(unofficial)

Extremely extremely useful for planning character histories.

#7 Mr. Sandman

Mr. Sandman

a hella swell fella

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:46 AM

oy vey kanyonstar u dont gibe da goyims information u keep it for a price!! 0/10 worse jew

• Kenyon and Antonius Augury like this

16eL4gB.png

#8 Jon Bishop

Jon Bishop

Token Anarchist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 02:33 AM

Added a new graphic courtesy of Antonius and the links Kenyon mentioned.

Thanks much fam, really appreciate it.

communist-fist.png

Adopt-A-Bio™ Direct Link

Characters

Spoiler

#9 Tony 'Veyron'

Tony 'Veyron'

Saint Pablo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:54 AM

antonius making that big money$$$$

• Antonius Augury likes this

#10 Antonius Augury

Antonius Augury

Magic Extraordinaire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1229 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:23 AM

add deviantart.com to the list - it's a very good search engine when looking for character art

TUov15t.png?1

Aliases

#11 Red Dorage

Red Dorage

Dorange

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1095 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:27 AM

who you call old dog u lil fuk

dorage.png

Spoiler

#12 Alexa

Alexa

Best Hellhound

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 08:23 PM

add deviantart.com to the list - it's a very good search engine when looking for character art

character art that doesnt belong to you, no?

good shit.

15_by_ariiknave-d98zb1a.png

#13 optictears

optictears

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:19 PM

Great thread, really. I like the idea of giving a basis and idea for a character but pretty much having people 'fill in the blanks'. It's a really good idea to get newer RPer's a jumpstart on some things. Let's just hope this thread doesn't get derailed, because I'm curious to see where this goes.

#14 AngelCaligula

AngelCaligula

someone that likes potatoes

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:08 PM

i like this and i may use this. good job mister bishop.

"Oderint dum metuant; Hate me so long as you fear me" -Caligula
I'm an Artist. If you want anything done in the mediums: Charcoal, Oil/Acrylic paints, Watercolor, Colored Pencils or Graphite, just ask!  ^_^ 

Characters: Amieth (inactive...for now???), Dianora Kar'iam (the most beautiful dragon ever),Angel Amaco (the gods regret making this druid), Vespasian (the sassiest ethereal you'll ever meet), and whoever the fuck i feel like playing.
7eIWbXd.pngczCeySd.pngzax27Zv.pngkcwT0gR.png

#15 Jon Bishop

Jon Bishop

Token Anarchist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:12 PM

character art that doesnt belong to you, no?

good shit.

Not all of us lesser plebs are master artists, fam.

Great thread, really. I like the idea of giving a basis and idea for a character but pretty much having people 'fill in the blanks'. It's a really good idea to get newer RPer's a jumpstart on some things. Let's just hope this thread doesn't get derailed, because I'm curious to see where this goes.

Hope it doesn't get derailed either (inb4 derailing post) and hopefully somewhere good. Like Sweden. Sweden is good.

i like this and i may use this. good job mister bishop.

Ayy, lmao.

communist-fist.png

Adopt-A-Bio™ Direct Link

Characters

Spoiler

#16 Jon Bishop

Jon Bishop

Token Anarchist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:53 PM

egWIWZt.jpg

Mittfizz "Porter" Portercog

The Deeprun Desecrator

Class: Warlock, advanced from mage

Description:

Physical:

An average, knowledgable, somewhat arrogant gnome. Once a tinker delving into the possibility of powering machines via arcanic energy, the sorceress Mittfizz was not always as off-putting as she is now. She has lighter skin, mostly since she stays inside her laboratory and doesn't often go outside of Dun Morogh- or Ironforge, for that matter- often. Her hair is dark and long, oddly enough quite flowing and soft, though it is usually greasy from how little she bathes- working for days on end with only sleep and a minimal amount of food necessary to survive taking her away from her work. Her build is average, with her strength being on the lesser side, since she focuses more energy on her spellcasting than her physical capabilities.

Psychological:

A prodigy even among gnomes, Mittfizz is known for being a harsh instructor and generally tends to stay away from teaching because of this. She can be civil and enjoys educating people on the ins and outs of magic- warlockery or otherwise. She enjoys working with machines and prefers solitude when working for a long time. She is objective and quite cynical, which has led to some problems with her work bringing her into contact with more empathetic types like paladins, priests, druids, and the like. 

Overview:

A knowledgeable individual who enjoys practicality over sweet-talking and beating around the bush. She does not enjoy being talked down to and having her intelligence doubted. She delved into warlock magic not as a necessary pursuit of personal power, but a pursuit of knowledge; in her mind, her use of "dark" magic is more grey, as she uses her power to categorize and chart out the various areas of magic so that others may practice it with safety and a degree of control.

*: There are not any sources on gnomish aging, as gnomes aren't terribly central to WoW lore. Advised that you use the term of general age (middle, young, old) instead of a specific number.

communist-fist.png

Adopt-A-Bio™ Direct Link

Characters

Spoiler

#17 UtherMk2

UtherMk2

Foolish Silverhand Paladin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:08 AM

oldmeme's templates are prettier imo

But for some actual input, I'd just have to remind people not to color the main text, only the header/titles. It's fine when you're trying to add an emphasis to what you have, but coloring your entire biography a bright red is just painful on the eye.

• Antonius Augury likes this

6acOBao.png Valrik the Exalted - Knight of the Silver Hand

GRYPHONS and LIGHT not SCARLETS and PURGING

9989.jpg

#18 Jon Bishop

Jon Bishop

Token Anarchist

• Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 11:24 PM

oldmeme's templates are prettier imo

But for some actual input, I'd just have to remind people not to color the main text, only the header/titles. It's fine when you're trying to add an emphasis to what you have, but coloring your entire biography a bright red is just painful on the eye.

Get what you're saying, coach. For the sake of appearances I'll continue with the colors but stick to ones that contrast well but aren't too bright or too dim, just sort of warm or vaguely cold. 

i would steal oldmemes if that wasnt called plagiarism lololololol

communist-fist.png

Adopt-A-Bio™ Direct Link

Characters

Spoiler